• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should there be pressure on Joel Embid?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn’t kick him in the nuts. He missed. Claxton isn’t packing.

and Harden didn't punch the guy in the dick... Yet he got kicked out But as you and I can agree the NBA is a joke

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and Harden didn't punch the guy in the dick... Yet he got kicked out But as you and I can agree the NBA is a joke
No doubt. They let fluke trash like Claxton throw elbows in the back of a star all series and then after 3 games of it an embarrassing incident breaks out.

But Embiid has to keep his cool. I get that. This time though it wasn’t just dirty play from a marginal player. He disrespected Embiid and he lost it.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt. They let fluke trash like Claxton throw elbows in the back of a star all series and then after 3 games of it an embarrassing incident breaks out.

But Embiid has to keep his cool. I get that. This time though it wasn’t just dirty play from a marginal player. He disrespected Embiid and he lost it.

"Dirty play" is a little stretch imo but I get it I've played sports, I wouldn't like that either.. Wouldn't kick a guy like that though... Then say, "I am good enough not to get thrown out of a game" (paraphrasing)

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea there should. If he thinks his numbers in this series will get it done the rest of the way through, he may as well call it a day now. He needs to avg. 30 a more the rest of the way if he wants a chip

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea there should. If he thinks his numbers in this series will get it done the rest of the way through, he may as well call it a day now. He needs to avg. 30 a more the rest of the way if he wants a chip
With the way Boston plays them, he will need to average 40. They let Embiid get his and they double judiciously (at least they did in the regular season maybe playoffs will be different) maybe 1 double for every 5-6 Embiid catches and that ratio goes up in the 4th Q. The Celtics have great perimeter defense and they lock down the other 4. Maxey for instance averaged 20 this season for the Sixers. In his last three games vs the Celtics he has scored single digits in points.

The biggest development here and let’s be honest this secret has been out but this reaffirms it. You can needle Embiid and get to Embiid. The whistle changes and teams will beat the fuck out of him. He doesn’t handle it well. Even when teams draw an extra foul shot or two against him they commit to the aggregate because this is still who he is. Signs this season he changed. Last night says he didn’t. Aberration? I hope but who knows. The fan in me says that this happening in a series they can’t help but win may be a blessing cause all I need is about another 6 weeks (wishin and hopin). It can still be who he is and it can still be that thing but maybe he learns how to direct his response toward stuffing a dunk in someone’s face instead of seeking a nut shot.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the way Boston plays them, he will need to average 40. They let Embiid get his and they double judiciously (at least they did in the regular season maybe playoffs will be different) maybe 1 double for every 5-6 Embiid catches and that ratio goes up in the 4th Q. The Celtics have great perimeter defense and they lock down the other 4. Maxey for instance averaged 20 this season for the Sixers. In his last three games vs the Celtics he has scored single digits in points.

The biggest development here and let’s be honest this secret has been out but this reaffirms it. You can needle Embiid and get to Embiid. The whistle changes and teams will beat the fuck out of him. He doesn’t handle it well. Even when teams draw an extra foul shot or two against him they commit to the aggregate because this is still who he is. Signs this season he changed. Last night says he didn’t. Aberration? I hope but who knows. The fan in me says that this happening in a series they can’t help but win may be a blessing cause all I need is about another 6 weeks (wishin and hopin). It can still be who he is and it can still be that thing but maybe he learns how to direct his response toward stuffing a dunk in someone’s face instead of seeking a nut shot.

Well now Boston is struggling. Both Conferences seems up for grabs at this point. No one is for sure. Too inconsistent all these teams

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well now Boston is struggling. Both Conferences seems up for grabs at this point. No one is for sure. Too inconsistent all these teams
Boston is struggling how?

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embiid is clearly the MVP, his team is so good they were even able to win a playoff game when he didn’t even take the court.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embiid is clearly the MVP, his team is so good they were even able to win a playoff game when he didn’t even take the court.
FBA58949-AF6F-4810-BCAF-7AE622ED3712.gif

Nuggets fans aren’t taking this well. Don’t you have playoffs to be focused on? Front runners love playoff time.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 326831

Nuggets fans aren’t taking this well. Don’t you have playoffs to be focused on? Front runners love playoff time.
Hey it’s not my fault your team is literally no different with or without him on the floor in terms of quality. Doesn’t seem very valuable when your team still performs without him.

Also, congrats on beating a team that tried it’s best to get rid of every star player at the deadline, maybe play a real opponent before you pretend like this is the year you’re finally going to make it past the second round.

Also, notice I am not bragging that we’re beating Minnesota because that’s what’s expected, just like you were expected to beat the Nets.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be more pressure if Miami wins one more game

This would absolutely be his best shot

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, there is added pressure to ignore the nba's completely worthless regular season and only play in the playoffs.