• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

joel embid is the most tenutred 76er on the roster

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they tend to have a history of giving up on players they draft quickly......so why do they continue to try to improve through the draft instead of just trading for proven players??

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And why did the "process" involve drafting one injury prone center after another? Trust the process my ass!

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a thread about what the Sixers should do last offseason. Some argued that they should stand pat and make it all work. Several of us said that the Sixers should have made moves to get talent immediately.

They had to move Noel at discount because he wasn't going to stay in Philly. They should have dealt him last offseason, or Okafor. Now Okafor is worth pennies on the dollar.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a thread about what the Sixers should do last offseason. Some argued that they should stand pat and make it all work. Several of us said that the Sixers should have made moves to get talent immediately.

They had to move Noel at discount because he wasn't going to stay in Philly. They should have dealt him last offseason, or Okafor. Now Okafor is worth pennies on the dollar.

They screwed up with Okafor. Pulling him out of games in anticipation of a deal only to have him still in Philly with a different big traded instead. That will mess with his confidence.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

correction: Okafor is worth pesos on the dollar.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
correction: Okafor is worth pesos on the dollar.

Which is why they should hold onto him for now. If Embiid comes back at full strength and can play 30+ minutes every game ... then maybe look to move Okafor. But Sixers could keep them both -- until it is time to pay Okafor.

I think Okafor will put up numbers ... like he did last year. (17 & 8)

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But yet they drafted a perfectly good center before all these busts......But traded him.to Orlando after one season

I just checked & confirmed ... Sam Hinkie did NOT make the disastrous Bynum trade. (was hired in the next off-season) That was terrible. (at the time -- it didn't look terrible -- but it ended up to be)

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why they should hold onto him for now. If Embiid comes back at full strength and can play 30+ minutes every game ... then maybe look to move Okafor. But Sixers could keep them both -- until it is time to pay Okafor.

I think Okafor will put up numbers ... like he did last year. (17 & 8)

Yeah I think they have no choice but to keep Okafor at this point.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i fail to see where the humor is? the sixers are a respectable (given the situation) 22-35. and they are 15-11 in their last 26 games.

embiid is amazing. simmons has yet to play and isn't your typical #1 pick. saric is starting to get it going. a couple of solid bench players in covington, stauskas and mcconnell who are forced to start. they have their own pick this year and possibly the lakers pick. if not, the lakers will still suck next year and it's unprotected. they have the kings 2019 pick.

trading noel, and eventually okafor, does nothing to limit the process. they found the star in embiid. noel is decent, but nothing special because of his limited offensive capability. and okafor is just trash because of his non existant defense.

they are in great shape moving forward.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i fail to see where the humor is? the sixers are a respectable (given the situation) 22-35. and they are 15-11 in their last 26 games.

embiid is amazing. simmons has yet to play and isn't your typical #1 pick. saric is starting to get it going. a couple of solid bench players in covington, stauskas and mcconnell who are forced to start. they have their own pick this year and possibly the lakers pick. if not, the lakers will still suck next year and it's unprotected. they have the kings 2019 pick.

trading noel, and eventually okafor, does nothing to limit the process. they found the star in embiid. noel is decent, but nothing special because of his limited offensive capability. and okafor is just trash because of his non existant defense.

If the Lakers fall out of the top 3 picks, the Sixers are poised to be a really dangerous team. And that will dovetail nicely with Lebron starting to fade.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But yet they drafted a perfectly good center before all these busts......But traded him.to Orlando after one season

Nah.

The 6ers understand that "good players" like Vucevic will only take you so far. You need great ones with quality role players complimenting them. Embiid and Simmons have potential to be great. Vucevic is not taking anybody anywhere.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know about humor, but it's kind of hard right now to see where this is going. They are overloaded with bigs, at least one of whom has lost much of his trade value and have guys who will be up for new contracts soon that we don't really know a lot about yet.

Embiid, who looks to be their best player can't stay healthy and we don't know if Simmons "isn't your typical #1 pick" or not, because he hasn't played. Considering how good he's supposed to be, it seems he should have been able to get LSU to the NCAA tournament, but didn't. So, there are questions about him and missing his entire rookie season isn't going to help.

Saric may be coming along, but most of the season, he hasn't played well. At least he has been healthy and played every game which can't be said about any of the other main guys.

As of right now, if they don't make any moves, they look like they might be a team that is good enough to be in the 7-10 range as far as playoff seedings going forward and that is the worst place to be.

As for the Lakers pick, assuming they keep this seasons pick, we don't know what they will be like next year. As of now, if they make no off season moves, I don't see them making the playoffs next year, but I don't see them being one of the 3 worst teams in the league either. So, the pick could be outside the top 5 and maybe outside the top 10.

If the Paul George wanting to be a Laker rumors are true and the Lakers get him over the summer, they very well could be a playoff team, making the pick even worse.

I will say though, in the NBA to attract FA's and keep a fanbase engaged, you have to be able to sell winning or hope. The 76ers can definitely sell hope, so they are moving in the right direction.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about humor, but it's kind of hard right now to see where this is going. They are overloaded with bigs, at least one of whom has lost much of his trade value and have guys who will be up for new contracts soon that we don't really know a lot about yet.

Embiid, who looks to be their best player can't stay healthy and we don't know if Simmons "isn't your typical #1 pick" or not, because he hasn't played. Considering how good he's supposed to be, it seems he should have been able to get LSU to the NCAA tournament, but didn't. So, there are questions about him and missing his entire rookie season isn't going to help.

Saric may be coming along, but most of the season, he hasn't played well. At least he has been healthy and played every game which can't be said about any of the other main guys.

As of right now, if they don't make any moves, they look like they might be a team that is good enough to be in the 7-10 range as far as playoff seedings going forward and that is the worst place to be.

As for the Lakers pick, assuming they keep this seasons pick, we don't know what they will be like next year. As of now, if they make no off season moves, I don't see them making the playoffs next year, but I don't see them being one of the 3 worst teams in the league either. So, the pick could be outside the top 5 and maybe outside the top 10.

If the Paul George wanting to be a Laker rumors are true and the Lakers get him over the summer, they very well could be a playoff team, making the pick even worse.

I will say though, in the NBA to attract FA's and keep a fanbase engaged, you have to be able to sell winning or hope. The 76ers can definitely sell hope, so they are moving in the right direction.

If the Lakers don't make a significant improvement, it is hard to see any major FA signing with them. They were supposed to dramatically improve this year and instead they are only slight ahead of last year's abysmal season.

The Sixers clearly need get a little more luck with the injuries. Embiid and Noel were known risks but Simmons has no history of injuries.

The Sixers need a backcourt. But they don't NEED to move Okafor or Saric. Noel they needed to move because I don't think there was a chance he was going to stay in Philly.

They need Simmons to get healthy and make some good picks this offseason. If they get the Lakers pick that would be even better.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lakers don't make a significant improvement, it is hard to see any major FA signing with them. They were supposed to dramatically improve this year and instead they are only slight ahead of last year's abysmal season.

The Sixers clearly need get a little more luck with the injuries. Embiid and Noel were known risks but Simmons has no history of injuries.

The Sixers need a backcourt. But they don't NEED to move Okafor or Saric. Noel they needed to move because I don't think there was a chance he was going to stay in Philly.

They need Simmons to get healthy and make some good picks this offseason. If they get the Lakers pick that would be even better.

Slightly? They have won 19 games (which sucks) but they only won 17 all of last year and didn't get win #17 until game #82. Right now, it's about developing the kids. If they continue to improve, they should be able to attract FA's and they already have a coach that players want to play for.

As for Paul George, if the get him it will be via trade (so no need to try and sign him as an FA). Apparently, he has made it clear that he's looking at 2 options, re-signing with the Pacers if they put a contender around him (which would be virtually impossible in 1 off season) or going to the Lakers.

If they keep this years pick and get PG in the off season, they are likely a playoff team.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixers are a mess. They have some bad luck with these injuries.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slightly? They have won 19 games (which sucks) but they only won 17 all of last year and didn't get win #17 until game #82. Right now, it's about developing the kids. If they continue to improve, they should be able to attract FA's and they already have a coach that players want to play for.

They are on pace to win around 23-24 games. They will probably wind up with one of the 3 worst records in basketball. Slightly seems about right.

As for Paul George, if the get him it will be via trade (so no need to try and sign him as an FA). Apparently, he has made it clear that he's looking at 2 options, re-signing with the Pacers if they put a contender around him (which would be virtually impossible in 1 off season) or going to the Lakers.

Who the heck knows what he wants. Rumors are just rumors.

If they keep this years pick and get PG in the off season, they are likely a playoff team.

Well the Lakers will need to give up something for Paul George.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are on pace to win around 23-24 games. They will probably wind up with one of the 3 worst records in basketball. Slightly seems about right.

Who the heck knows what he wants. Rumors are just rumors.

Well the Lakers will need to give up something for Paul George.

That pace is going to take a hit without Lou Williams. He was by far their best scorer and 4th quarter player. If they can stay below the Suns for the 2nd worst record, they should be safe in the lottery.

I don't see Paul George being a Laker (if he wants it) until the summer of 2018 as a free agent. Why waste trade assets on a player that wants to come anyway and will be a free agent? If the Pacers want to dump him for small change (and maybe one solid young player) during the offseason or at next year's deadline, maybe the Lakers consider that.