• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

joel embid is the most tenutred 76er on the roster

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the heck knows what he wants. Rumors are just rumors.

Apparently, he does since he's the one spreading the rumor.

Well the Lakers will need to give up something for Paul George.

Of course they will. My guess would be that if they keep their lottery pick, a trade would involve one of their 2 first round picks and 1 of the young guys. The Pacers may want them to take a bad contract as part of the deal too.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That pace is going to take a hit without Lou Williams. He was by far their best scorer and 4th quarter player. If they can stay below the Suns for the 2nd worst record, they should be safe in the lottery.

Yeah. we'll get to see how the youngsters respond without Lou to do most of the heavy lifting. The pace may slow a bit, but they'll be better for it in the long run.

I don't see Paul George being a Laker (if he wants it) until the summer of 2018 as a free agent. Why waste trade assets on a player that wants to come anyway and will be a free agent? If the Pacers want to dump him for small change (and maybe one solid young player) during the offseason or at next year's deadline, maybe the Lakers consider that.

I think it will depend on what the asking price is. Apparently, the Pacers were asking for 3 of the Lakers young guys at the deadline.

If they don't get a contender around George, their asking price will likely come down since they'll be faced with losing him and having nothing to show for it. The Lakers having two first rounders so they could offer one for PG would be helpful.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are on pace to win around 23-24 games. They will probably wind up with one of the 3 worst records in basketball. Slightly seems about right.
Who the heck knows what he wants. Rumors are just rumors.
Well the Lakers will need to give up something for Paul George.

Since Christmas, the Sixers have a better record than the Raptors and a lot of other teams.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That pace is going to take a hit without Lou Williams. He was by far their best scorer and 4th quarter player. If they can stay below the Suns for the 2nd worst record, they should be safe in the lottery.

Even at the 2 slot they only have a 55% chance of getting a top 3 pick. But I have a hard time seeing them doing any worse than 3rd after the Williams trade, unless he was blocking someone from really stepping up.

I don't see Paul George being a Laker (if he wants it) until the summer of 2018 as a free agent. Why waste trade assets on a player that wants to come anyway and will be a free agent? If the Pacers want to dump him for small change (and maybe one solid young player) during the offseason or at next year's deadline, maybe the Lakers consider that.

It really depends. If Paul George really does prefer the Lakers, then the last thing the Lakers want is for some team like the Celtics or Thunder to step in and lure him away. The problem is that the Lakers, as constructed, aren't offering anything the Pacers have. Hoping that pure loyalty to the franchise is all you need to lure a star, seems like a dubious approach to me. Players change their minds all the time, and in this case his opinions haven't even been made public.

All of the up and coming teams, IMO, need to take the next step if they want to lure top talent. This applies to the Lakers, Sixers, Wolves, and Bucks as well as some other teams a little earlier on in their process.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they will. My guess would be that if they keep their lottery pick, a trade would involve one of their 2 first round picks and 1 of the young guys. The Pacers may want them to take a bad contract as part of the deal too.

If the Lakers keep their pick in 2017 they won't have a 1st round pick in 2018 and won't be able to trade their 2019 1st round pick.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Christmas, the Sixers have a better record than the Raptors and a lot of other teams.

The Sixers could be a really good team next year(ie playoff team perhaps in the 2nd tier even) if the following happens.

1. McConnell and Covington continue to play well.
2. Simmons and Embiid are able to play of the season next year.
3. They are able to nab one of the top tier players in this draft. Ideally 2 if they get lucky with the Lakers pick.

If all those things happen I could see the Sixers becoming a 4 or 5 seed level team. I don't think they have the depth, barring some surprising signings, to go beyond that ceiling.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sixers could be a really good team next year(ie playoff team perhaps in the 2nd tier even) if the following happens.

1. McConnell and Covington continue to play well.
2. Simmons and Embiid are able to play of the season next year.
3. They are able to nab one of the top tier players in this draft. Ideally 2 if they get lucky with the Lakers pick.

If all those things happen I could see the Sixers becoming a 4 or 5 seed level team. I don't think they have the depth, barring some surprising signings, to go beyond that ceiling.

I think they could be a playoff team for sure, but still probably are not a top 4 team next year without more experience. They will be relying on 2nd year Embiid and 3 guys in their first seasons for heavy minutes. I think next year will be more of a learning year even if everything goes perfectly.

Look out in 2019 though. They could rise really quickly.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they could be a playoff team for sure, but still probably are not a top 4 team next year without more experience. They will be relying on 2nd year Embiid and 3 guys in their first seasons for heavy minutes. I think next year will be more of a learning year even if everything goes perfectly.

Look out in 2019 though. They could rise really quickly.

Yeah. I think the Sixers would view it as a success to be the 8 seed next year. But if things go really well they could climb up, especially in the not so great East.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lakers keep their pick in 2017 they won't have a 1st round pick in 2018 and won't be able to trade their 2019 1st round pick.

They will have 2 first round picks in 2017 which would allow them to trade one of those picks. They got Houston's 2017 first round pick for Lou Williams.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will have 2 first round picks in 2017 which would allow them to trade one of those picks. They got Houston's 2017 first round pick for Lou Williams.

A late 20s 1st round pick isn't worth all that much. Certainly their pick if it is in the top 3 is worth a lot but I can't imagine they would trade that for PG.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A late 20s 1st round pick isn't worth all that much. Certainly their pick if it is in the top 3 is worth a lot but I can't imagine they would trade that for PG.

I think they would consider it very strongly. They'd have to. With PG, they get a known all star caliber player who is still young enough to be around for a few years. Who also can lead them to the playoffs right away and attract other top FA's. There's no guarantee that the guy they draft will be as good.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they would consider it very strongly. They'd have to. With PG, they get a known all star caliber player who is still young enough to be around for a few years. Who also can lead them to the playoffs right away and attract other top FA's. There's no guarantee that the guy they draft will be as good.

Considering that the top 3 players in the draft class are all PGs, it would be a big mistake to deal the pick for a point guard.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering that the top 3 players in the draft class are all PGs, it would be a big mistake to deal the pick for a point guard.

He is referring to Paul George when he says PG. I get the confusion though.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is referring to Paul George when he says PG. I get the confusion though.

LOL.

Yeah, that would make more sense.

If they got PG this year and Westbrook next, they could be in business.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They wouldn't be able to get PG for just the pick, so the dilemma would be, which young guy are they willing to give up?

Ingram would make the most sense because he and PG play the same position. But he's also the one that most consider to be the most likely to become a star.

Maybe Russell since Ingram has shown some ability to play the point?

Randle, Nance or Clarkson? Not sure the Pacers would see one of them as enough, even with a top 3 pick.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They wouldn't be able to get PG for just the pick, so the dilemma would be, which young guy are they willing to give up?

Ingram would make the most sense because he and PG play the same position. But he's also the one that most consider to be the most likely to become a star.

Maybe Russell since Ingram has shown some ability to play the point?

Randle, Nance or Clarkson? Not sure the Pacers would see one of them as enough, even with a top 3 pick.

See, if they have to give up a top 3 pick in this draft + another key asset, I think that is too much.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, if they have to give up a top 3 pick in this draft + another key asset, I think that is too much.

I see the point, but in PG you get a known all star caliber player for 2 guys that you don't know what they'll become.

If they pan out, then you're a genius with foresight. If they don't, then you're an idiot for not trading for an all star when you had the chance.

You can always wait until 2018, but a lot can happen between now and then.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even at the 2 slot they only have a 55% chance of getting a top 3 pick. But I have a hard time seeing them doing any worse than 3rd after the Williams trade, unless he was blocking someone from really stepping up.

It really depends. If Paul George really does prefer the Lakers, then the last thing the Lakers want is for some team like the Celtics or Thunder to step in and lure him away. The problem is that the Lakers, as constructed, aren't offering anything the Pacers have. Hoping that pure loyalty to the franchise is all you need to lure a star, seems like a dubious approach to me. Players change their minds all the time, and in this case his opinions haven't even been made public.

All of the up and coming teams, IMO, need to take the next step if they want to lure top talent. This applies to the Lakers, Sixers, Wolves, and Bucks as well as some other teams a little earlier on in their process.
it appears if there is one thing this Lakers team can do right- its tanking. Like u said- even at the #2 slot the chances of keeping a top 3 pick is only slightly better than 50%---- but still- thats a lot better than under 50%.

if the Lakers get a top 3 pick whoever they take will automatically become their most talented guy thats for sure as long is its ball, fultz, or jackson (i like monk a lot too actually).

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree with you for once, lol.....

especially becuase pg doesnt really line up with the rest of their guys age wise....if it was LAST years draft- and you didnt have #1--- yah- do it

in this years draft? if you are a rebuilding team you gotta get one of Fultz or Ball or Jackson if you are in the top 3 i think. You cant pass those guys up.