• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jets Trade Up to 3rd Overall Pick

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keenum is on his 4th team and he's 30. I couldn't care less about how bad the Rams were....or the Texans, or how he did on the Vikings, and now on the Broncos.

Any other QB's with that kind of track record that were actually......good?
You're basically asking him to be Rich Gannon 2.0.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really think Rosen is a bigger risk than Josh Allen? At least when I see Rosen, I see some of the best mechanics I've seen on a QB since Luck coming into the pros. I see some deficiencies within the pocket that I don't think will ever clear up. I see some injury issues that can shorten a career.

When I see Allen, I see guys getting infatuated with the size and the howitzer arm and the 'what could be.' That dude scares the fuck outta me. I hope some team before #9 takes him, or trades with the Colts or something that sends more talent down to SF. I don't have much of an opinion on Darnold except that he seemed to take a step back (although it doesn't seem to be hurting him at this point too much) or Mayfield (pisses off everybody for a variety of reasons except those in his own lockerroom)
More of a risk than Allen equal risk at best. He's been injury prone throughout his college career. Even just looking at last season. The hit that took him out of the Washington game. Which was reported as a finger injury. Until asked about his toughness and it was upgraded to concussion. And the hit against Cal where he had his second concussion. Were both pretty light hits by college football standards. Its not going to get lighter in the NFL. Only played 6 games in 2016. In the two closest season he had to a complete season. 11 Ints in 2015 10 ints last year while leaving and missing games. The injuries history and lack of desire to play at times is a really big red flag for me tho

Not even close to Luck. Luck was light years ahead of Rosen. I was glad to see Luck head to the NFL

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

....and to that, Gannon wasn't really that good. He truly needed a lot of talent around him to make him look productive. Your overall point however, is right on.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More of a risk than Allen equal risk at best. He's been injury prone throughout his college career. Even just looking at last season. The hit that took him out of the Washington game. Which was reported as a finger injury. Until asked about his toughness and it was upgraded to concussion. And the hit against Cal where he had his second concussion. Were both pretty light hits by college football standards. Its not going to get lighter in the NFL. Only played 6 games in 2016. In the two closest season he had to a complete season. 11 Ints in 2015 10 ints last year while leaving and missing games. The injuries history and lack of desire to play at times is a really big red flag for me tho

Fair points.

Not even close to Luck. Luck was light years ahead of Rosen. I was glad to see Luck head to the NFL

I'm only talking mechanics. Luck was the best prospect since Manning, who was the best prospect since Elway.....you'd have to look long and hard to find someone who would've taken Rosen over Luck in the same draft. Fundementals....Rosen is spot on, and blows away any of the top guys in this draft.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair points.

I'm only talking mechanics. Luck was the best prospect since Manning, who was the best prospect since Elway.....you'd have to look long and hard to find someone who would've taken Rosen over Luck in the same draft. Fundementals....Rosen is spot on, and blows away any of the top guys in this draft.
As far as fairly recent Palmer Rodgers, and Luck have been the best to come out of the PAC as far as mechanics. I saw a lot of Luck and Rosen. I cant put Rosen near Lucks level. And don't get me wrong Rosen looks good in highlight reel footage. But watching games he's a lot more flawed than some people realize.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A+ for Colts.
F for Jets.

Based on the trade value chart, the Jets gave up 600+ more points than the calculator, which is basically a late 1st/early 2nd, so in addition to moving down 3 spots, and picking up 3 extra 2nds (the fuck Jets? you have other holes you know...) they are basically getting an ADDITIONAL late 1st/early 2nd phantom pick.

All for... Rosen, Darnold, Allen (God forbid) or maybe Barkley? I really have no clue what the fuck the Jets are doing. This feels like an appropriate time to link the following video:

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as fairly recent Palmer Rodgers, and Luck have been the best to come out of the PAC as far as mechanics. I saw a lot of Luck and Rosen. I cant put Rosen near Lucks level. And don't get me wrong Rosen looks good in highlight reel footage. But watching games he's a lot more flawed than some people realize.

I'll concede given that you obviously watch more college ball than I do. I can only go by what I've personally seen and Rosen would be my guy.....but I'm glad I don't have to worry about that for a while.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll concede given that you obviously watch more college ball than I do. I can only go by what I've personally seen and Rosen would be my guy.....but I'm glad I don't have to worry about that for a while.
College footballs actually my favorite. Saw a lot of Darnold,Rosen,Luck etc...PAC. If I'm guessing this will be evident as the years pass. I think Lasley may be a sleeper at WR. And Rosen may be a bust or back up eventually. darnold and Allen could go either way boom or bust depending. They have the most potential. Mayfield may actually be the best of the batch

I believe San Fran is still open for the SportsHoopla mock draft. If you or any of the other Niners fans are interested

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a lot of love for Josh Allen among the NFL community and there's a lot of hate for Allen among the Hooplans. Who will be right?

I think the Broncos have tremendous interest in Mayfield but I wouldn't be shocked if Elway went for Elway #2 in Allen. Rosen is the guy that I want if we go QB.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a lot of love for Josh Allen among the NFL community and there's a lot of hate for Allen among the Hooplans. Who will be right?

I think the Broncos have tremendous interest in Mayfield but I wouldn't be shocked if Elway went for Elway #2 in Allen. Rosen is the guy that I want if we go QB.

Smart man. Rosen is the most NFL ready and will be the best QB out of this class.

Book it.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mike Mayock: " I don't think he can survive an NFL pocket." Also said he is incapable of escaping the pressure.

This kid had surgery on his throwing shoulder Injury to his throwing arm injury to his knee multiple concussions

The reason Rosen quit tennis was due to his shoulder injuries. Mayfield would be the smart choice if he's still there imo. I just don't see Rosen holding up. Add in his other issues on and off the field. He would be the one I would rather Denver selected if they go QB

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will take you to Keenum's career stats, you'll notice he's never had a "bad" year just a lot of average seasons(when he's actually gotten the chance to play). Also look at the teams he played on when he did start, a terrible Texans team in 2013 his rookie season and a terrible Rams team in 2016. He finally played on a good team this year and look what he did. Now that means he isn't a great QB who can carry a team but he likely plays on par with how well the teams is. And Denver still has a good Defense just like Minnesota and a bad offense thanks in part to shitty QB's. Meaning Keenum will bring them up to an average Offense so combine that with their really good Defense and Denver is back to being a playoff caliber team.

9 TD's and 11 INT's isn't average, that's bad.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And like you've never heard of Brady, Brees or Rodgers. It goes both ways.

The Brownsiest thing to do would be to force yourself to take a QB at #1 despite the numbers advantage, miss on him, lose out on Barkely in the process, and watch the other 2 qb's & Barkely become all-pros.

Rodgers was a 1st round pick and Brees was the first pick in the 2nd round, which is pratically a 1st round pick.

Your only argument is Brady and everyone knows he's a result of Bellichick's system.

What this boils down to is...i'm right, you know i'm right and instead of proving my point wrong, you go full retard with a pathetic analogy.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keenum is on his 4th team and he's 30. I couldn't care less about how bad the Rams were....or the Texans, or how he did on the Vikings, and now on the Broncos.

Any other QB's with that kind of track record that were actually......good?

No. Try telling that to @cdumler7 and the rest of Broncos fans who don't mind him.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Try telling that to @cdumler7 and the rest of Broncos fans who don't mind him.

This really makes me laugh so hard. A Raiders fan that doesn't even know the history of one of his teams best QB's. Does the name Rich Gannon ring a bell? Bounced around the league for a while struggling to produce consistently but showing glimpses of some promise. Then boom gets on the right team and hey has success.

Or a 49ers fan with a guy like Steve Young who started out in the USFL, went to Tampa Bay and struggled, and finally landed in a good situation with the 49ers and boom becomes a HOF player.

Kurt Warner is another that struggled to find his place and then all of a sudden things started to click. I could go on but those are three big names that have shown QB's sometimes just take time to develop and have to land in the right situation for success.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as a Bronco fan this is what I love about the Keenum deal. He has shown some promise that things are trending up in his career. IF he flops though it isn't like the Broncos are married to the guy long-term. If he succeeds then the Broncos finally have their answer at QB moving forward for the next few years. He is being given an opportunity and we will just have to wait and see how things pan out. Right now though I would take the Broncos QB situation over quite a few teams in the league.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, Alex Smith is arguably in that category at least once and maybe twice over. Just not as obvious given he flipped it around under Harbaugh. It's pretty rare so the skepticism is real and warranted with guys like Keenum, especially when the physical skillset is at best sub-par.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, Alex Smith is arguably in that category at least once and maybe twice over. Just not as obvious given he flipped it around under Harbaugh. It's pretty rare so the skepticism is real and warranted with guys like Keenum, especially when the physical skillset is at best sub-par.

I don't think Bronco fans are expecting that kind of production out of him. I'll be happy if he is just an average QB as right now that would be one of the biggest upgrades in the NFL if that is the case. Broncos have had some of the worst if not the worst QB production of the past two seasons so again average is going to look like MVP caliber to Bronco fans right now. I think Keenum can be at least at that level. This is why I'm still hoping they get a chance to take a QB at 5 though because I don't see Keenum as the future but a guy that at least makes it where the Broncos are not forced to trade away the next 2 drafts to get their QB like the Jets just had to do to move up a few spots. If one of them falls then great for the Broncos but if they don't fall then at least the Broncos have a viable starter at the QB position.