• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jets Trade Up to 3rd Overall Pick

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Bronco fans are expecting that kind of production out of him. I'll be happy if he is just an average QB as right now that would be one of the biggest upgrades in the NFL if that is the case. Broncos have had some of the worst if not the worst QB production of the past two seasons so again average is going to look like MVP caliber to Bronco fans right now. I think Keenum can be at least at that level. This is why I'm still hoping they get a chance to take a QB at 5 though because I don't see Keenum as the future but a guy that at least makes it where the Broncos are not forced to trade away the next 2 drafts to get their QB like the Jets just had to do to move up a few spots. If one of them falls then great for the Broncos but if they don't fall then at least the Broncos have a viable starter at the QB position.

Well said. Go Broncos!

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be happy if he is just an average QB as right now that would be one of the biggest upgrades in the NFL if that is the case
As they should if he's average. Siemian and Lynch reminded me of when the Chiefs had Quinn and Cassel and that just about gave me football PTSD watching those two. I am pretty negative about Keenum but if the Broncos get Mayfield the Chiefs are going to have a running mate the next 10 years in that division, just my two cents. That's the one guy that'd rustle my jimmies as a Chiefs supporter.

I think Keenum can be at least at that level.
I think this is highly debatable, but I wouldn't call it insane or completely unreasonable after last year so I hear ya.

This is why I'm still hoping they get a chance to take a QB at 5 though because I don't see Keenum as the future but a guy that at least makes it where the Broncos are not forced to trade away the next 2 drafts to get their QB like the Jets just had to do to move up a few spots.
Yeah. The only question is who is available at 5. This is going to get very interesting considering the Browns could trade down at 4. I don't think the Jets are in direct competition with the Broncos for Mayfield as far as I know, but it's one more QB off the board. As I said earlier, I think Mayfield will be pretty good in this league.

If one of them falls then great for the Broncos but if they don't fall then at least the Broncos have a viable starter at the QB position.
That's certainly one way to think about it. Who the hell knows what's going to happen in the top 5 now after today besides a bunch of QB's being picked. Don't want to be caught with your pants down because you had no plan B, C, and D.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This really makes me laugh so hard. A Raiders fan that doesn't even know the history of one of his teams best QB's. Does the name Rich Gannon ring a bell? Bounced around the league for a while struggling to produce consistently but showing glimpses of some promise. Then boom gets on the right team and hey has success.

Or a 49ers fan with a guy like Steve Young who started out in the USFL, went to Tampa Bay and struggled, and finally landed in a good situation with the 49ers and boom becomes a HOF player.

Kurt Warner is another that struggled to find his place and then all of a sudden things started to click. I could go on but those are three big names that have shown QB's sometimes just take time to develop and have to land in the right situation for success.
Gannon was also following a revolving door at QB.After the Raiders made a mess stretching on an over hyped Maronovich "Robo QB" in the first rd.if I remember correctly Gannon was sharing time with Wade Wilson in Minnesota.Before moving to KC and eventually Oakland.Gannon may not have been the flashiest name. But he went on to win a league MVP. And fell a play and a bad coach away from a very good shot at a super bowl ring. You know how Jamarcus Russell turned out..... Yeah there will always be some QB's in the drafts that look pretty. And some do pan out just as there are busts. But as you stated some of the greats were QB's that changed scenery and actually fit the system.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a lot of love for Josh Allen among the NFL community and there's a lot of hate for Allen among the Hooplans. Who will be right?

I think the Broncos have tremendous interest in Mayfield but I wouldn't be shocked if Elway went for Elway #2 in Allen. Rosen is the guy that I want if we go QB.

Alot of love in the NFL community who thinks Jackson should be a wideout instead of a QB when Jackson is the better QB. Allen has the size and arm strength but outside of size Allen has nothing that would make him a first round pick.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers was a 1st round pick and Brees was the first pick in the 2nd round, which is pratically a 1st round pick.

Your only argument is Brady and everyone knows he's a result of Bellichick's system.

What this boils down to is...i'm right, you know i'm right and instead of proving my point wrong, you go full retard with a pathetic analogy.
Learn math. You're wrong.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As they should if he's average. Siemian and Lynch reminded me of when the Chiefs had Quinn and Cassel and that just about gave me football PTSD watching those two. I am pretty negative about Keenum but if the Broncos get Mayfield the Chiefs are going to have a running mate the next 10 years in that division, just my two cents. That's the one guy that'd rustle my jimmies as a Chiefs supporter.

I think this is highly debatable, but I wouldn't call it insane or completely unreasonable after last year so I hear ya.

Yeah. The only question is who is available at 5. This is going to get very interesting considering the Browns could trade down at 4. I don't think the Jets are in direct competition with the Broncos for Mayfield as far as I know, but it's one more QB off the board. As I said earlier, I think Mayfield will be pretty good in this league.

That's certainly one way to think about it. Who the hell knows what's going to happen in the top 5 now after today besides a bunch of QB's being picked. Don't want to be caught with your pants down because you had no plan B, C, and D.

For me right now I'm hoping for either Mayfield or Rosen to fall. Talking to people around the league this is what I've gathered of who to expect to go where...

Sounds like Browns are set on Darnold. They love his upside and know especially with Tyrod in the mix they can have him sit for a year to grow if needed.

Giants seem to be deciding between three things right now. They like Rosen a lot but also seem to think they are a team that one good player could get them back to the playoffs so Barkley or Nelson could be the pick. The other way they could be leaning is they know the Bills really want to move up so could get blown away by a trade offer.

Jets from what I have gathered have Rosen and Allen as their top-2 QB's so I would guess they take whoever the Giants don't.

The big question for me will be what the Browns do at 4. I know the owner when he hired their new GM Dorsey pretty much told him he didn't want them trading back anymore. He is tired of accumulating picks and just wants them to add the best talent. So if they stay at 4 then the Broncos could have a shot at Mayfield. Which would make me very happy for sure. Going to be a crazy month of speculation and an even crazier opening day of the draft for sure.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This really makes me laugh so hard. A Raiders fan that doesn't even know the history of one of his teams best QB's. Does the name Rich Gannon ring a bell? Bounced around the league for a while struggling to produce consistently but showing glimpses of some promise. Then boom gets on the right team and hey has success.

Or a 49ers fan with a guy like Steve Young who started out in the USFL, went to Tampa Bay and struggled, and finally landed in a good situation with the 49ers and boom becomes a HOF player.

Kurt Warner is another that struggled to find his place and then all of a sudden things started to click. I could go on but those are three big names that have shown QB's sometimes just take time to develop and have to land in the right situation for success.
Gannon is nothing like Keenum. At best, he's a game manager that throws rainbow passes.

Gannon could win games for the Raiders. He was no game manager like Keenum basically is.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gannon is nothing like Keenum. At best, he's a game manager that throws rainbow passes.

Gannon could win games for the Raiders. He was no game manager like Keenum basically is.
gannon, keenum, trent green i see the similarities

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gannon was a game manager before he came to the Raiders. He hadn't even had a good season in his career leading up to his start with the Raiders. AT best you could call him a game manager before that run with them. So to sit here and say that Keenum can't become a good QB in the NFL is just the Raider hater in you.

As for Case Keenum just being a game manager. He did happen to notch 4 4th quarter comebacks just this past year alone. One could say 5 because his first game he came in after Bradford got injured he was a part of the 4th quarter comeback.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess if they have one guy they absolutely love and don't think he will be at 3 you might as well continue the trend of moving up. My guess is they have Rosen at the top of their draft board and know the Giants love him and will take him at 2. As for the Browns it might be worth it as their guy Darnold could make it to 3 giving them even more draft ammo.

I'm not sure what the Jets can offer at this point though after trading away so much draft capital. It would have to include their 1st round pick next year.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe San Fran is still open for the SportsHoopla mock draft. If you or any of the other Niners fans are interested

Nah...it's not for me. Outside of the big names, the guys in the top of the first round, I couldn't tell you much about college football. There are other Niner fans on here, most if not all of them probably, that are more suited to that thing.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darnold's obscenely overrated. Rosen is the best of the bunch, and that's why the Browns will take Darnold (or Allen).

If the Browns wanted Rosen.....they would not have traded for Taylor IMO. Since Rosen is the most NFL ready QB in the draft. Bradford and Allen are guys you want to develop. And Mayfield is a reach at #1 (as would Allen be), even if he's more NFL ready than Bradford or Allen.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darnold's obscenely overrated. Rosen is the best of the bunch, and that's why the Browns will take Darnold (or Allen).
You do realize Rosen's shoulder surgury that caused him to miss the majority of his sophomore season.. Was on the same throwing shoulder that caused him to quit tennis? Rosen has a nice deep ball. But tends to get too much air under it at times. SC used to slide a deep safety over. Rosen has problems moving the chains due to inaccuracy in the short game. Which also showed during the combine with no coverage. Lacks mobility and struggles when pressured. And when the pocket collapses. Hasn't won anything really. Two concussions last year. Not sure how many games you watched Rosen may be the most over hyped QB in the draft. Looked worse in the Udubs game he left early and the Memphis game as well as others. Anyone looks good in a highlight reel. Hers heres one of many examples:dhd: Darnold is no guarantee but I've got Rosen 4th at best

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
If the Browns wanted Rosen.....they would not have traded for Taylor IMO. Since Rosen is the most NFL ready QB in the draft. Bradford and Allen are guys you want to develop. And Mayfield is a reach at #1 (as would Allen be), even if he's more NFL ready than Bradford or Allen.

So many problems with this post.

1. There's nothing that says the Browns won't draft a QB and sit him behind Taylor for a year. Even the Browns aren't stupid enough to think Taylor is a franchise QB.

2. Mayfield is not a reach at #1. He's going to be a franchise QB. A good one. He's better than Allen & Darnold.

3. Are you trying to be funny by saying "Bradford?" Or was that an actual gaff?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
You do realize Rosen's shoulder surgury that caused him to miss the majority of his sophomore season.. Was on the same throwing shoulder that caused him to quit tennis? Rosen has a nice deep ball. But tends to get too much air under it at times.

Any QB, no matter how good, will fail if he's not healthy. Rosen seems like his arm is fine, but if he has shoulder concerns, that is another matter.

Rosen has problems moving the chains due to inaccuracy in the short game.

I don't agree with that at all. I'm not the least bit concerned w/ Rosen's accuracy in any aspect of the game. If he struggled, it's because he plays for UCLA instead of USC (whose QBs always bust).

Rosen's the smartest QB of the bunch. Goes quickly through his progressions. That's what you need in an NFL QB.