• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jets Trade Up to 3rd Overall Pick

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barkley could drop to the Broncos. Not a fan.
They can draft all the all-pros at RB they want, if they suck at QB they aren't going to matter. Been done that road plenty of times or close to it as a Chiefs fan. I would be a lot more annoyed if they drafted Landry or Chubb.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rosen. Has a very good arm, and has the best ability to hit the middle of the field (a key fact given that's where the most traffic is) since probably Luck as a prospect. He is similarly mobile to Mayfield when he chooses to be and sees the field very well. Additionally, he's fairly accurate so the translation should be pretty good with his mechanics.

He has some Luck-esque brainfarts, but you can live with that when the alternative is Darnold, Rudolph Allen, Jackson, etc who are all magnitudes worse. Mayfield is a worthy 1B, however.
Disagree I;'ve sen a lot of UCLA games.Lasley may have been underrated . He compiled a lot of UCLA's passing yards via YAC. Rosens accuracy isn't as impressive as some may think. He was only 3 picks behind Darnold. Like his performance at the compound. Using UCLA games a lot of his struggles were short to intermediate passes.While playing less games. Rosen misses a lot of games due to injury. Two concussions last year alone.

His lack of mobility could also be a major issue. Past two season -72 and -92 yds rushing. I'm not sure how the injuries, lack of toughness and mobility translate on the next level. He does throw a nice deep ball. But Im not sure how his lack of accuracy in the areas its needed most and his durability hold up on the next level. Without a top tier Oline and legit weapons I think he busts.I got Mayfield,Darnold and Allen top 3 in no order. Hoping Rosen lands with the Jets or Denver

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barkley could drop to the Broncos. Not a fan.

I can see Barkley dropping further.....I wonder if Kyle Shanahan would take that toy to work with alongside Garoppolo. I'd rather get a pass rusher first, Q. Nelson if he fell....

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see Barkley dropping further.....I wonder if Kyle Shanahan would take that toy to work with alongside Garoppolo. I'd rather get a pass rusher first, Q. Nelson if he fell....
I don't think Barkley lasts past the Bucs. Now that's a team desperate for an all-pro RB to take the pressure off of the QB and passing game.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Barkley lasts past the Bucs. Now that's a team desperate for an all-pro RB to take the pressure off of the QB and passing game.

I can see that.....TB also is desperate for defense in a really bad way.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree I;'ve sen a lot of UCLA games.Lasley may have been underrated . He compiled a lot of UCLA's passing yards via YAC. Rosens accuracy isn't as impressive as some may think. He was only 3 picks behind Darnold. Like his performance at the compound. Using UCLA games a lot of his struggles were short to intermediate passes.While playing less games. Rosen misses a lot of games due to injury. Two concussions last year alone.

His lack of mobility could also be a major issue. Past two season -72 and -92 yds rushing. I'm not sure how the injuries, lack of toughness and mobility translate on the next level. He does throw a nice deep ball. But Im not sure how his lack of accuracy in the areas its needed most and his durability hold up on the next level. Without a top tier Oline and legit weapons I think he busts.I got Mayfield,Darnold and Allen top 3 in no order. Hoping Rosen lands with the Jets or Denver

I've seen them in only limited action, but had SF not landed Garoppolo, Rosen is the only guy I would've wanted for SF. I get the injury/concussion thing with him, and he's considered aloof or something? That can be a concern, but he's the guy I feel most strong about.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see that.....TB also is desperate for defense in a really bad way.
You can do both to a degree in this draft. CB is deep from what I read and see. Lot of interesting guys in the front 7 in the midrounds as well. Not what I'd do, but I can see the Bucs doing that.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen them in only limited action, but had SF not landed Garoppolo, Rosen is the only guy I would've wanted for SF. I get the injury/concussion thing with him, and he's considered aloof or something? That can be a concern, but he's the guy I feel most strong about.
Honestly the top 4 QBs are a gamble.Mayfield,Darnold and Allen have the most room to grow. I'm an SC fan I can put it this way. As much as I naturally hate UCLA.And I was hoping Rosen played another year. He's a major injury risk, his mobility is god awful and his accuracy is a bit over hyped.The Jets payed way too much for any of the top 4.. Rosen is the biggest risk. Rosen to the Jets may make this trade an even bigger train wreck

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree I;'ve sen a lot of UCLA games.Lasley may have been underrated .

Maybe

He compiled a lot of UCLA's passing yards via YAC.

YAC I don't have a problem with as accuracy is important for YAC. If it's achieved via screens then sure, throw that out.

He was only 3 picks behind Darnold

INT%'s

Rosen: 2.2
Darnold: 2.7

(Roughly the difference between Matt Ryan [14th] and Dak Prescott [26th] give or take a tick for perspective)

That's actually a pretty good sized gap.

Rosen Fumbles: 8
Darnold Fumbles: 11

Again, Darnold is noticeably more prone to handing over the ball to the other team.

His lack of mobility could also be a major issue
Darnold Ran a 4.95
Rosen Ran a 5.03

Minimal difference. If Rosen doesn't use what he has that's a problem to be sure, but it's not a dealbreaker either.

Using UCLA games a lot of his struggles were short to intermediate passes.While playing less games. Rosen misses a lot of games due to injury. Two concussions last year alone.

I can see why you say this. I disagree; but the concussions are certainly a red flag.

I got Mayfield,Darnold and Allen top 3 in no order.

I don't understand why people like Josh Allen at all, so I am going to agree to disagree with this.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can draft all the all-pros at RB they want, if they suck at QB they aren't going to matter. Been done that road plenty of times or close to it as a Chiefs fan. I would be a lot more annoyed if they drafted Landry or Chubb.

But they wont suck at QB, even if Keenum goes back to being average that's still an upgrade over who we've had.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they wont suck at QB, even if Keenum goes back to being average that's still an upgrade over who we've had.
Goes back to average? How about terrible. Possible you get Mayfield anyways so you may end up being right in a roundabout way. I hope to god you guys draft Barkley, however.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly the top 4 QBs are a gamble.Mayfield,Darnold and Allen have the most room to grow. I'm an SC fan I can put it this way. As much as I naturally hate UCLA.And I was hoping Rosen played another year. He's a major injury risk, his mobility is god awful and his accuracy is a bit over hyped.The Jets payed way too much for any of the top 4.. Rosen is the biggest risk. Rosen to the Jets may make this trade an even bigger train wreck

You really think Rosen is a bigger risk than Josh Allen? At least when I see Rosen, I see some of the best mechanics I've seen on a QB since Luck coming into the pros. I see some deficiencies within the pocket that I don't think will ever clear up. I see some injury issues that can shorten a career.

When I see Allen, I see guys getting infatuated with the size and the howitzer arm and the 'what could be.' That dude scares the fuck outta me. I hope some team before #9 takes him, or trades with the Colts or something that sends more talent down to SF. I don't have much of an opinion on Darnold except that he seemed to take a step back (although it doesn't seem to be hurting him at this point too much) or Mayfield (pisses off everybody for a variety of reasons except those in his own lockerroom)

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I never saw Keenum as ever being 'average' in the past. If anything, he just pulled a rabbit outta his ass this season, and should be returning to shitsville pretty soon. I saw the Elway presser introducing Casey Kasem.....I'm starting to wonder about where the Broncos are heading, but at least I'd be less concerned if they still took a QB in the draft truly knowing that Casey ain't the real answer.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goes back to average? How about terrible. Possible you get Mayfield anyways so you may end up being right in a roundabout way. I hope to god you guys draft Barkley, however.

He's never been terrible. His worst season was in 2016 with the Rams, played in only 10 games had 9 TD's 11 INT's and threw for 2,200 yards. And Jared Goff was worse that year and yet he looked a lot better this year too meaning it was likely the Rams team that wasn't good and not all on the QB.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe

YAC I don't have a problem with as accuracy is important for YAC. If it's achieved via screens then sure, throw that out.

INT%'s

Rosen: 2.2
Darnold: 2.7

(Roughly the difference between Matt Ryan [14th] and Dak Prescott [26th] give or take a tick for perspective)

That's actually a pretty good sized gap.

Rosen Fumbles: 8
Darnold Fumbles: 11

Again, Darnold is noticeably more prone to handing over the ball to the other team.

Darnold Ran a 4.95
Rosen Ran a 5.03

Minimal difference. If Rosen doesn't use what he has that's a problem to be sure, but it's not a dealbreaker either.

I can see why you say this. I disagree; but the concussions are certainly a red flag.

I don't understand why people like Josh Allen at all, so I am going to agree to disagree with this.
Darnold lost the majority of his offensive line. As well as his top WR's last draft. yeah some of the picks were his fault. But if you watch the games. Quite a few of them were catchable balls off the WR's hands. And a lot fumbles were complete lapses of pass protection. As well as adjusting to the center. Who had a habit of high snaps darnold had to go up and get. Tbh I think SC's blind snapper was more accurate. Darnold also rushed for 250 yds his 1st season and 82 last year. Tee Martin made changes in SC's offensive system. Darnold is much more mobile. He gets up after being hit and continues. Also has a much better track record when it comes to winning games.

Rosen threw a lot more picks than some may realize. Darnold's got more attention because of hype and expectations. But Rosens picks were in less games played and much worse. What really worries me outside the injuries which were on routine hits. Is Rosen is more of a finished product. Not much room to improve. Darnold only took over last year. And his numbers are comparable to Rosens who played three years. And Rosens ego and off the field demeanor could also be an issue. Honestly I have Darnold top three with Mayfield and Allen. May actually be leaning Mayfield at the moment. Theres just too much risk with Rosen for me. Highest potential to bust. especially with the Jets. Thats a disaster waiting to happen imo.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never saw Keenum as ever being 'average' in the past. If anything, he just pulled a rabbit outta his ass this season, and should be returning to shitsville pretty soon. I saw the Elway presser introducing Casey Kasem.....I'm starting to wonder about where the Broncos are heading, but at least I'd be less concerned if they still took a QB in the draft truly knowing that Casey ain't the real answer.

This will take you to Keenum's career stats, you'll notice he's never had a "bad" year just a lot of average seasons(when he's actually gotten the chance to play). Also look at the teams he played on when he did start, a terrible Texans team in 2013 his rookie season and a terrible Rams team in 2016. He finally played on a good team this year and look what he did. Now that means he isn't a great QB who can carry a team but he likely plays on par with how well the teams is. And Denver still has a good Defense just like Minnesota and a bad offense thanks in part to shitty QB's. Meaning Keenum will bring them up to an average Offense so combine that with their really good Defense and Denver is back to being a playoff caliber team.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrible. Period. End of story. Goff sucked ass too. End of story.

And they both didn't suck ass this year meaning it was garbage coach Jeff Fisher's fault they both sucked. Take him away and surprise surprise they both had good years. Keenum has never been terrible, I'll never argue that he he's been above average outside of this season but to say terrible makes you look like an idiot.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will take you to Keenum's career stats, you'll notice he's never had a "bad" year just a lot of average seasons. Also look at the teams he played on when he did start, a terrible Texans team in 2013 his rookie season and a terrible Rams team in 2016. He finally played on a good team this year and look what he did. Now that means he isn't a great QB who can carry a team but he likely plays on par with how well the teams is. And Denver still has a good Defense just like Minnesota and a bad offense thanks in part to shitty QB's. Meaning Keenum will bring them up to an average Offense so combine that with their really good Defense and Denver is back to being a playoff caliber team.

Keenum is on his 4th team and he's 30. I couldn't care less about how bad the Rams were....or the Texans, or how he did on the Vikings, and now on the Broncos.

Any other QB's with that kind of track record that were actually......good?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they both didn't suck ass this year meaning it was garbage coach Jeff Fisher's fault they both sucked. Take him away and surprise surprise they both had good years. Keenum has never been terrible, I'll never argue that he he's been above average outside of this season but to say terrible makes you look like an idiot.
You presuppose that it is just Jeff Fisher, when he sucked ass in Houston too...