• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

jay cutler signs 7 year deal with the bears

PackMaster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know how many times that's been said over the years by Owners and GM's looking for a "franchise" QB and it never pans out?

Ask the Browns, Jets, Cardinals, Chargers etc...etc... how many years they've said "we'll just draft another QB next year"

Sure who knows but the fact is the bears will be looking up to the pack as long as the bad man aaron rodgers is playing. Might as well save some money and take a chance on a guy who could be better than the very average cutler imo.

Baseballnut77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well for the next couple years mccown gives the bears a better chance to win the Super Bowl and costs a hell of a lot less..

This coming fron the guy crying an hour ago about using facts.yet first chance he gets the facts go out the window and its all about what he THINKS instead of facts tff

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Umm reading comprehension sir, I said draft a QB "next year". Also I disagree as a packer fan I could not feel more confident against cutler, mccown actually runs the offense a lot better imo.

You're getting a little defensive there guy. I realize we're officially in 2014, but I figured by "next year" you meant the next football season & included the 2014 draft. But ok. You'd go with Josh McCown a starting QB for a season. That's insane, but at least we're clear on it.

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Career 155 TD's vs 122 Int's,hmm.

You're a little off on that. It's 155 TDs and 112 INTs.

Cutler cannot be judged on his first few years in Chicago. Not many QBs would do well with nearly the worst OL in the league and weak receivers. 2013 was the first time Cutler had a good offensive supporting cast in Chicago. He finished 8th in Total QBR and 13th in passer rating. Average those out and he was around the 10th best QB in the NFL. That's pretty good. A lot of teams would die for the 10th best QB in the NFL. And Cutler should get better in his 2nd year in Trestman's offense. The Bears made a good move signing him long term.

PackMaster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're getting a little defensive there guy. I realize we're officially in 2014, but I figured by "next year" you meant the next football season & included the 2014 draft. But ok. You'd go with Josh McCown a starting QB for a season. That's insane, but at least we're clear on it.

I just like people to not put words in my mouth and read what I'm saying.. Ok i'm insane (in your opinion). I flat out watched mccown outplay cutler this year but yep I'm insane!

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally.

It's almost as ridiculous to hear Packers and Pats fan talk shit about other teams QB's. Most Packers fans weren't even alive the last time they had a shitty QB....Pats fans think Brady will play forever.

So very true..........

Baseballnut77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just like people to not put words in my mouth and read what I'm saying.. Ok i'm insane (in your opinion). I flat out watched mccown outplay cutler this year but yep I'm insane!

Isnt this another bear thread you are trolling?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

I didn't say you're insane. I said your strategy is insane. And you're taking it quite personally for some reason.

What words did I put in your mouth? I understood you to be saying that you'd go w/ McCown for the 2014 season and draft a QB in 2015.

PackMaster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say you're insane. I said your strategy was insane. Why so touchy?

What words did I put in your mouth? I understood you to be saying that you'd go w/ McCown for the 2014 season and draft a QB in 2015.

Ok you misunderstood me, I think mccown is better than cutler for a couple years just my opinion. No need to try and change it..

PackMaster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So very true..........

You actually believe the "majority" of packer fans are under 30. This is an old time franchise with plenty of fans in their 80's. That statement is positively moronic..

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AGAIN, McCown did not outplay Cutler. He just got lucky with an unusually high amount of dropped INTs. In his last 2 starts, he could have had 6 INTs. Fans love to ignore this type of stuff.

PackMaster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AGAIN, McCown did not outplay Cutler. He just got lucky with an unusually high amount of dropped INTs. In his last 2 starts, he could have had 6 INTs. Fans love to ignore this type of stuff.

Look it's my opinion mccown outplayed him and I'm entitled to it. There are plenty of people who agree with me and plenty of bears fans I know who are absolutely pissed they signed cutler. Anyways it doesn't matter the Pack own this division with aaron rodgers..

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Ok you misunderstood me

This is kind getting difficult for some reason. What part of the explanation did I misunderstand?

1. McCown starts for the Bears for the 2014 season.
2. The Bears draft a QB in 2015.

This isn't the plan you were endorsing?

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't you stop back pedaling you might fall. I'm not taking issue with any of your "revised" statements you've back tracked to. I'm talking about your original quote that MOST packer fans couldn't remember their last bad qb. Might just admit your original quote was fucking stupid..

I tend to think Beardown was being a little sarcastic........btw..........Yeah its been how many years since Majikowski was your qb?

PackMaster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to think Beardown was being a little sarcastic........btw..........Yeah its been how many years since Majikowski was your qb?

idk its been like 25 years, thats not my fkn point. My point is most packer fans remember before majikowsi. Sure many young ones don't thats not "most". Just correcting a stupid statement is all..

PackMaster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is kind getting difficult for some reason. What part of the explanation did I misunderstand?

1. McCown starts for the Bears for the 2014 season.
2. The Bears draft a QB in 2015.

This isn't the plan you were endorsing?

You miss understood me when I said draft a qb next year and thought it was this year, whats so hard? good grief lol

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didnt feel athing actually . I was 2 busy with 6 bulls titles and 2 hawks titles. How many titles have other wisconsin teqms won again?

lmao............good one nut! :agree:

I:rollseyes:`m guessing football is the only thing that matters up there.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a team game not just the QB. The Seahawks defense vs the Bears defense boy I wonder.

Brandon Marshall, Alshon Jeffrey, and Bennett vs. Golden Tate? Sidney Rice (Lol), and Zach Miller.

Right..... Seattle and Chicago's O-Lines were probably equally bad and tie between the two runningbacks. Yah Seattle had a great defense, but Cutler's stats are probably causing more losses than wins. Cutler is a turnover machine, not as bad as Eli, but your defense is not going to be near as good when QBs are fumbling/sacking/intercepting non-stop.

LooseChange

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler can only do so much. Until the Bears address their issues on the defensive side of the ball, they'll experience similar results.