• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Yasiel Puig hiding anything?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where was he slammed? Or are you just stirring shit like you do in other places?

Then let me ask it this way -What is so unusual about what this kid is doing from other rookies over the last 20 years? Is it really so unusual for a new rookie to come into the game and take off? I remember Eric Karros did the same thing for the Dodger 20 years ago.

Just seems a little unfair to be questioning his use of steroids when he is barely a raw talent with not even a full season under his belt yet and what statistics does anyone have to suggest that he is using steroids.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
literally, he matched JEFF Francour's stats...ESPN was the official poster of that information....I guess Jeff was on them also?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not?

Has he failed a drug test lately?

The "he hasn't failed a drug test" routine is a joke and you know it. Barry Bonds and Lance Armstrong never failed one either.

I'm not saying Puig is dirty but that defense is ludicrous.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
56152152.jpg

humatrope_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "he hasn't failed a drug test" routine is a joke and you know it. Barry Bonds and Lance Armstrong never failed one either.

I'm not saying Puig is dirty but that defense is ludicrous.

I don't think Bonds was ever asked to take a drug test, although there isn't any test that would have disclosed the use of HGH. Bonds retired before he was ever required to submit to testing which was a wise move for him. Puig, however has arrived very recently in a new era of testing and scrutiny that all teams should be excercising now. I think it's different. If I was going to question anyone, there are some I would question before Puig

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way - off topic here, forgive me, but if you want to see the NBA board cleaned up, there is atleast one new thread that should be moved to the black hole or penalty box.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has he failed a drug test lately?
Neither did 12 of the 14 guys who just got suspended the rest of the season.

Maybe you're naive enough to go with your moronic argument, but rational adults are not.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither did 12 of the 14 guys who just got suspended the rest of the season.

Maybe you're naive enough to go with your moronic argument, but rational adults are not.

Puig has not even been in the league a full season, he has been a raw talent still developing and a great player even though he has not acted like a veteran all of the time. I am thinking that most of the other players were looked at or got their names pulled out of the biogenesis scandal that led the MLB to their attention, there stats jumped or something that drew their attention. I am not naive, but on the other hand, just because a player comes into the league doing good or improves does not mean he is using ped's either. All of you sound like it's automatic that he is using because....

1. He is a Dodger, you don't like the Dodgers and it's true good to be true for the Dodgers

2. You saw something unusual that indicates he is using

So far I have not heard what the explanation is. I do have to consider #1, since that is usually what those expecting to lose will say to discount the Dodgers success and given their track record over the last 20 years isn't as wild as some might say, But why not some of the players for the Braves, the Pirates? They have good records as well

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Puig has not even been in the league a full...l

You were saying that he's never tested positive as if that proves anything.

It doesn't. And you're an idiot if you think it does.

12 of the 14 guys who just got suspended for prolonged, documented PED use have passed several tests per year for years on end.

Stick with your moronic argument, though. It really makes you seem like a legitimately thoughtful human being.

The good news for you is that MLB will never have real testing, so Puig can juice for as long as he wants as long as he isn't stupid enough with his cycling to pop positive.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were saying that he's never tested positive as if that proves anything.

It doesn't. And you're an idiot if you think it does.

12 of the 14 guys who just got suspended for prolonged, documented PED use have passed several tests per year for years on end.

Stick with your moronic argument, though. It really makes you seem like a legitimately thoughtful human being.

The good news for you is that MLB will never have real testing, so Puig can juice for as long as he wants as long as he isn't stupid enough with his cycling to pop positive.

So I am an idiot for asking you and the others what the basis of accusing Puig of using ped's is?

Surely you have a reason for singling him out and calling him a user

His looks?

He's not american?

He's too short?

What is that reason?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Using the theory that I have heard in here, then obviously Phil Goslin with the braves is juicing - after all how could anyone hit that good without juicing. That is what you all are saying

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Using the theory that I have heard in here, then obviously Phil Goslin with the braves is juicing - after all how could anyone hit that good without juicing. That is what you all are saying

I think MLB should seriously look at anyone who has over 10 HRs. They're guilty of "something". Not sure what it is, but its "something". And because of this, guilty until proven innocent!

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think MLB should seriously look at anyone who has over 10 HRs. They're guilty of "something". Not sure what it is, but its "something". And because of this, guilty until proven innocent!

Except that we live in a country where you are innocent until proven guilty. There a lot of players hitting better the Puig. If I was going to question anyone, I think I would question Hanley Ramirez - that guy is a solid rock and a solid hitter. Look at what the Pirates have done, the Braves and the Cardinals. If Puig is juicing then all of those guys have to be juicing as well

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OP is just being an arse.
Since when can you look at a kid and say he's 27 not 22? I have a 14 year old in High School and some of his classmates look older than I did when I was 17 in the Marines some of the girls look like college girls. Puig didn't just crawl out from under a rock like some of the unknown players from the Dominican who get fake birth certificates. He's been in the Cuban leagues playing and has been a known prospect until they didn;t allow him to travel because he tried to leave various times. So he would have had to start saying he was 11 when he was 16 for your theory to hold any water and would only work if no one had ever seen him play before then.
As for his physical gifts. I remember LeBron looking like a man child at 17. I remember Hershel Walker looking like something out of a comic book as a freshman and doing it with push ups and sit ups( he claimed he didnt lift weights). Like many of you I'm skeptical of anyone in baseball but this kid got off the boat looking like a blessed person and in fact the year before he was caught by the coast guard and sent back and the crew said he was huge then. In Cuba the odds that a person who had tried to defect numerous times would have the connections or money to buy the proper PEDs to keep themselves in that kind of shape (if it was drug produced) is pretty slim if not impossible.

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OP is just being an arse.
Since when can you look at a kid and say he's 27 not 22? I have a 14 year old in High School and some of his classmates look older than I did when I was 17 in the Marines some of the girls look like college girls. Puig didn't just crawl out from under a rock like some of the unknown players from the Dominican who get fake birth certificates. He's been in the Cuban leagues playing and has been a known prospect until they didn;t allow him to travel because he tried to leave various times. So he would have had to start saying he was 11 when he was 16 for your theory to hold any water and would only work if no one had ever seen him play before then.
As for his physical gifts. I remember LeBron looking like a man child at 17. I remember Hershel Walker looking like something out of a comic book as a freshman and doing it with push ups and sit ups( he claimed he didnt lift weights). Like many of you I'm skeptical of anyone in baseball but this kid got off the boat looking like a blessed person and in fact the year before he was caught by the coast guard and sent back and the crew said he was huge then. In Cuba the odds that a person who had tried to defect numerous times would have the connections or money to buy the proper PEDs to keep themselves in that kind of shape (if it was drug produced) is pretty slim if not impossible.

Yeah, Puig looks 22 and Cuban baseball players don't have access to steroids.

tumblr_loxylqF39q1qinlpn.gif

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Puig looks 22 and Cuban baseball players don't have access to steroids.

tumblr_loxylqF39q1qinlpn.gif

So in another life you were that guy at the circus who guessed peoples ages? I have in laws in Cuba . I think I'm a little more informed about whats available to a person whos tried to escape six times. You can't get aspirin if the government doesn't allow it. Idiots like you don't know the difference between Cuba and the Dominican.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in another life you were that guy at the circus who guessed peoples ages? I have in laws in Cuba . I think I'm a little more informed about whats available to a person whos tried to escape six times. You can't get aspirin if the government doesn't allow it. Idiots like you don't know the difference between Cuba and the Dominican.

You're talking out of your ass.

The current batch of Cuban defected baseball players are leading the way for a new crisis of PEDs in MLB and it's not even debatable. Do some very basic research on the matter before you start insulting others as though you actually know something about it.

No one believes that Puig is 22. Only you.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So are you in Cuba or the Dominican? YOu say you to escape six times, but since when does Cuba have the internet? I'm just trying to get an understanding of your background a bit. You sound well informed and I agree with you on most accounts, but I would be remiss if I didn't point out that the Cuban government would gladly supply Puig with the ped's themselves if it meant one of their own getting to the pro's. The perfect example I can think of would be China who collected a large percentage of Yao Ming's earnings in his career in the NBA. I don't think that would be possible for Cuba to exert that kind of pressure on some one in the USA, but I don't know anything about the government in the Dominican and I do think that would be possible even though It's not likely.

My main focus is that there seems to be a direction the general public is taking now of accusing good players of juicing it up when they start playing good. Convenient for the opponents on the losing end of a season in my opinion, and a bit unfair - not that life is ever fair. If life was fair, your wife wouldn't be the boss:laugh3: