• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

End of season avatar bets - Time to pay up

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Current standings:
  • Pacers 48-33
  • Heat 43-38 (5 GB)
  • Lakers 34-46 (13.5 GB)
I know the age-old, feeble argument is that 48 wins isn't otherworldly in most cases, but this current Pacers team is not the final product. We have the 4th-lowest payroll in the NBA this season with potential to add a lot more, and the three teams below us in that regard have been unquestioned lottery teams throughout the course of the season. While we'll probably never be able to land the LeBrons and Kevin Durants of the world, in this business all you have to do is throw your money around and the players will come. I would like to see us swallow Otto Porter's contract with the Wizards, for instance...

I'm also sure that many will manipulate their own reasoning for why the results of these bets ended up the way they did, but the fact remains that I won and they lost - Fair and square. And I kind of like being undefeated in avatar bets on SportsHoopla, so I might not be willing to do any do-overs and may be content to end my SportsHoopla betting career undefeated.

Some of my favorite quotes regarding the Pacers from last fall:

Pacers will be the giant lump of meh they always are
Minus an all-star player
LOL, Indiana at #7

Lay off the bleach at work, todd
Yes! He took a stand! Nice to see him getting up after OKC absolutely ass raped him in that George trade. But yeah, he took stand alright!
Pritchard's a fucking moron.
How about having a GM that takes the better trade offer? Yeah, lets have a GM that files a meaningless tampering charge.
Call me in a year or two and you'll agree that the Pacers took the best possible offer...and not some "maybe" prospects with the late draft picks Boston offered us. Oladipo and Sabonis are still very young and were starters on a playoffs team in a deep western conference. And that was not a coincidence.
You've got to be kidding me. The pacers panicked like fuck. Sad that you don't realise this.
Absolutely. Both the Lakers and Heat will have records a LOT better than the pacers. With a brighter future too.

@Heatles84, you can have the first month, i'll take the next three.

IF he's man enough to stick around.
Taking a stand against what? If there's no tampering, which it doesn't appear there is, then all he's done is embarrass the Pacers even more and pretty much guarantee that no one will want to do business with them.

A player stating where he wants to play isn't tampering.
I guess the Pacers FO finally figured out that they made an idiotic trade and are now trying desperately to save face by throwing shit at the wall to see if something will stick.
Wait,

Is there an official Heat/Pacers bet?

If so, that is a little one sided. I hope he got odds at least.
Question,

Since the Heat win without Whiteside and are the vastly superior team to begin with, how long until we can call this bet? I am thinking the Heat will have an insurmountable lead by the end of January. They are 10-15 games better than the Pacers.
Who will win more games this year the Heat or the Pacers? I'll say the Heat.
Just because of Boston not including a pick in a potential trade, does not overshadow the fact that there is more value in a trade that would have netted Crowder and Bradley.
Overall, the only possible victory for the Pacers out of this would be to match last season's win total without George.
Stop doing meth smitty. It makes you say weird shit!
I have the Pacers at 26 wins this season.

Wish I had the homer glasses that Dij has.
20-25 is my guess...

To @Heatles84 - Remember two years ago when you said I didn't have the cujones to take an avatar bet with you??? I actually did you a favor when I took a bet in a season when your team was favored by Vegas to win 12 more games than my team, and I still beat your sorry ass. It just so happens that the basketball gods have in fact worked their magic. Suck failure, freak.

Meet Mr. Gilbert:

upload_2018-4-10_15-26-25.jpeg
^It's your new dress for the next couple weeks, from midnight the morning of April 12th to that of April 26th to be exact. Otherwise, you're a weasel...

@Shaqdaddy11 You will get yours at the end of the month and closer to when your bet comes into effect.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't even recall the context of what I wrote. Probably about the overall PG trade value?

If so, Pacers definitely came out ahead. Congrats to you.

But the amount of research you put into a "I told you so" thread is hilarious.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
huh, i don't remember ever BETTING on this...

got a post where i actually wagered? i ain't wearing the scumbag's mug otherwise...

now if you manage to prove it, well, a bet's a bet...

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't even recall the context of what I wrote. Probably about the overall PG trade value?

was trying to leave that part out, but it shouldn't surprise anyone...:heh:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, you're not going to dictate when I put it on. I have a busy schedule and putting it up at midnight on the 12th may not be feasible given that I travel ever so often. I'll put it on now at 3:41 CST (April 10th) and take it down on the 24th at that time.

Congrats on your team surpassing expectations. Sure, Miami had a slew of injuries which cost them some games. Would've loved to see my team fully healthy. Your team may have cap space - but how much do you think Oladipo is going to eat up when his time to re-sign is? Also, what quality free agents are you luring to Indiana?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was trying to leave that part out, but it shouldn't surprise anyone...:heh:

Pretty pathetic that his avatar is of Dan Gilbert holding up the Larry O'Brien. Figures he wouldn't have anything Pacers related.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's all he's got to give his life meaning.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tenor.gif

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@HurricaneDij39 and you're a fuck boy for thinking I don't honor bets. I always have and always will. It's the internet, like I give two fucks what avatar I'm sporting. I'd sport David Hasselhoff in a speedo if I wanted to.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say- this is the one i got the most kick out of---- especially considering even when Whiteside isnt hurt he hasnt gotten off the bench much.

tlance said:
Question,

Since the Heat win without Whiteside and are the vastly superior team to begin with, how long until we can call this bet? I am thinking the Heat will have an insurmountable lead by the end of January. They are 10-15 games better than the Pacers.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say- this is the one i got the most kick out of---- especially considering even when Whiteside isnt hurt he hasnt gotten off the bench much.

tlance said:
Question,

How's TT doing this year?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
huh, i don't remember ever BETTING on this...

got a post where i actually wagered? i ain't wearing the scumbag's mug otherwise...

now if you manage to prove it, well, a bet's a bet...

I don't think anyone had a bet with him outside of Heatles and Shaqdaddy. But it's Cane and he has nothing better to do with his life/time than scour tHoop looking for any hint of someone slighting his team.

The poor guy is wrong so often, gotta let him have his brief moment of sunshine.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol...hey ya gotta give the guy credit---in retrospect getting Oladipo looks like its by far the best they could have done. Young guy on a cost controlled contract that just made the all star team.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@HurricaneDij39 and you're a fuck boy for thinking I don't honor bets. I always have and always will. It's the internet, like I give two fucks what avatar I'm sporting. I'd sport David Hasselhoff in a speedo if I wanted to.

Hey Heatles...I have an avi bet for you. :dhd:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol...hey ya gotta give the guy credit---in retrospect getting Oladipo looks like its by far the best they could have done. Young guy on a cost controlled contract that just made the all star team.
Oh, I ate that tasty crow a long time ago....

Several of us said we got that wrong and he was right.

That's what makes this whole thing kinda pathetic.