• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your Sleeper Teams for All 11 Conferences

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you think is going to surprise everyone similar to Kentucky and Syracuse last year?

ACC: Florida State - it feels weird calling them a sleeper but Kendal Briles for all the controversy he brings was a great hire to fix the offense, the next bad offense he fields will be his first. It's scary to think what he can do with those receivers and Cam Akers. The offensive line is still bad but Briles for the most part will scheme around it. Florida State will be the best non-Clemson ACC team.

AAC: Navy - things have fallen apart the past few years for Ken Niumatalolo but he's a good coach. I think the additional attention to detail this offseason will lead to a turnaround for Navy. They might not win the division but I think they can win 8 games.

Big 10: Minnesota - with how loaded the East division is, it's clear the sleeper has to come out of the West. PJ Fleck really got things rolling for Minnesota late last year, including the huge road domination of Wisconsin. I think they'll build on that momentum and a big key to the division race, Minnesota's cross division games are very favorable. They get the two worst East teams in Rutgers and Maryland, and the only tough East opponent they get in Penn State is at home.

Big 12: Oklahoma State - I don't know if there was any team in the nation that found a more bizarre path to 7-6. They were impressive against the best opponent on their schedule, going 3-1 against opponents ranked in the top 25 at the time of the game, the only loss being a failed 2 point conversion in a 1 point loss to playoff bound Oklahoma. The point here is, this team had the upside and if they can consistently play at that level they're the team that can disrupt Oklahoma or Texas from winning the conference. If that isn't enough, the last time Gundy went 7-6 he rebounded to a Sugar bowl appearance the following year.

Conference USA: Charlotte - There's a lot of separation between the top teams and the bottom teams of this league. Charlotte actually made improvements last year but made a coaching change anyway. Will Healy was a great hire, he can win at places like this and shows it right away. Charlotte makes a bowl.

MAC: Eastern Michigan - Chris Creighton has done an incredible job with this program because it was once pretty much the worst program in the nation. Even winning 4 games was a feat now they've surpassed that win total each of the past 3 years. They're also very competitive, of their 13 losses the last two years only TWO were by double digits, no losses by more than 15 points. They breakthrough and start winning the close games, winning a surprise division title.

MWC: Hawaii - Finally the run and shoot is back on the islands and now Hawai'i is fun again. With QB Cole McDonald back this offense should be even better this year. The talk is that the West division will be decided between Fresno State and San Diego State but Hawai'i gets both foes at home. There's a few obstacles in the way, a non-conference schedule that opens with 3 Pac-12 teams could destroy their confidence if they can't take one of the home games against Arizona or Oregon State and their young defense needs to take a step up.

Pac-12: Stanford - It's very odd hearing so little talk about Stanford as a division title contenders but here we are. Really anyone in this conference could be a sleeper. Stanford was not their normal selves last year as they're normally known for a strong run game but last year the run game absolutely capsized. If their offensive line can improve in that aspect this year, watch out.

SEC: Missouri - It's going to be tough for anyone to crack above the top 6 in the SEC, those teams are pretty far ahead but Missouri has a shot to upset that balance. They bring in Kelly Bryant to steady the QB position and their schedule is as easy as possible for SEC play. They play in the East division and they get the two worst West teams in Ole Miss and Arkansas. Missouri also hosts Florida who they've played well against the past few years, they could finish 2nd in the East.

Sun Belt: UL-Monroe - They have a lot of good playmakers on the offense, two years ago their defense was a major issue and last year their defense made a lot more improvement than expected. However, the offense made too many mistakes turning it over which prevented them from making a bowl. This year the offense cleans things up to allow for bigger improvement.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think you could just say "the west division winner" for the B1G as all but illinois are pretty much up for the West so not really a sleeper in the west division race to say minny :D that is all :D

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like a lot of your picks, but misery? ewww

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MWC: Hawaii - Finally the run and shoot is back on the islands and now Hawai'i is fun again. With QB Cole McDonald back this offense should be even better this year. The talk is that the West division will be decided between Fresno State and San Diego State but Hawai'i gets both foes at home. There's a few obstacles in the way, a non-conference schedule that opens with 3 Pac-12 teams could destroy their confidence if they can't take one of the home games against Arizona or Oregon State and their young defense needs to take a step up.

Their OOC is not a joke. And they have Army again this year. They can either be 9-4 or 4-9 very easily. No way I'm falling asleep in the morning on Cole McDonald and that Run n Shoot lol.

KnightAndDay

Separate or shoot to kill
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,129.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AAC: Temple

ACC: Georgia Tech

B1G: Iowa

Big 12: Oklahoma St

C-USA: FAU

MAC: Akron

MWC: Nevada

Pac 12: Arizona St

SEC: Miss St

Sun Belt: Arkansas St

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ACC - Florida St.
AAC- Temple
Big 10- Northwestern (being a homer bad and I can't really say Nebraska with the hype already there). Non-homer pick is Maryland.
Big 12-
C-USA- Charlotte
MAC- Eastern Michigan
MWC- Hawaii
Pac-12: Arizona State
SEC- Tennessee (just can't pick Mizzou until Odom wins a big game and doesn't get tripped up somewhere dumb)
Sun Belt: Arkansas State

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AAC: Temple

ACC: Georgia Tech

B1G: Iowa

Big 12: Oklahoma St

C-USA: FAU

MAC: Akron

MWC: Nevada

Pac 12: Arizona St

SEC: Miss St

Sun Belt: Arkansas St
giphy.gif

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ACC - Florida St.
AAC- Temple
Big 10- Northwestern (being a homer bad and I can't really say Nebraska with the hype already there). Non-homer pick is Maryland.
Big 12-
C-USA- Charlotte
MAC- Eastern Michigan
MWC- Hawaii
Pac-12: Arizona State
SEC- Tennessee (just can't pick Mizzou until Odom wins a big game and doesn't get tripped up somewhere dumb)
Sun Belt: Arkansas State

Yet you picked Tennessee - a team that lost the last 3 to Vandy by an average score of 42-24?

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin. When everyone is against you, that makes you a darkhorse.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet you picked Tennessee - a team that lost the last 3 to Vandy by an average score of 42-24?
Things do set up nicely for a 10-2 record but it's Mizzou so there's probably going to be a dumb loss or two thrown in, and Barry Odom's teams not being able to beat ranked teams with what on paper looked like good teams after three years is still worth keeping in mind. I'm also probably a little hesitant after last year where I thought they'd finished better than they did.

But after thinking about it I did want to switch from Tennessee to Mississippi State. I think a bought a little too much into reading about how they can be a sleeper.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will openly admit that I did zero research on those picks. I have no idea how any of those teams are with recent recruiting, returning coordinators, returning starters, etc.

I was literally just guessing lol.
It’s Moo State. I would take the field for the next 20 years at -10,000 odds.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s Moo State. I would take the field for the next 20 years at -10,000 odds.
Well, Miss. State did win the SEC in 1941 - right before the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor! :D

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Miss. State did win the SEC in 1941 - right before the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor! :D
Starkville, where you should always ask for a room without a view.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starkville, where you should always ask for a room without a view.
I've been to Starkville once with some LSU friends...in 1984...I saw them beat the Tigers 16-14 - which cost LSU the SEC Championship. No pics to prove it though! Maybe, it was just a bad dream.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been to Starkville once with some LSU friends...in 1984...I saw them beat the Tigers 16-14 - which cost LSU the SEC Championship. No pics to prove it though! Maybe, it was just a bad dream.
That’s before I was even born so I’ll take your word for it.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s before I was even born so I’ll take your word for it.
It was in color though, not black and white! :D John Bond was bad-ass QB for the Bulldogs at that time. He was a Tiger killer.

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3