• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is spending $110M to piss off fans a good business model?

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bar might have some tits I haven't seen in the last 20 years and no one telling me to take out the trash....
Don’t forget… those tits are 20 years older.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will not pay anything to see Mahomes whine if things are not working right for his team

For those that care about this game and are not local I am sure it will be on the Dofusports live stream or Dofustream as I have always found whatever i was wanting to see on those apps. or it will be broadcast over one of the national radio broadcasts

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't feel that way. My last year at Direct TV, the bottom package was $120 and it wasn't much of a package. They kept giving me deals as I threatened to leave after every contract (I was paying less than $50 a month for about 3 straight years with them), but they finally quit offering me deals to stay, and quit calling to get me back.

On top of that, I can stream all these services anywhere on any device and don't have to have tv's plugged into the walls to do it.

Streaming has made things MUCH more affordable, a way better selection of options, and more portable.
Day’s coming for us when we go full bore stream. Can’t quite convince the wife to take the plunge. Her daughter has the YouTube package along with a couple of other “Wireless service” freebies. I’m waiting for her to convince her mom that’s the way to go. When she does… I’ll stick an antenna on the roof so I can acquire the Dallas stations along with the local ones and we’ll make the plunge.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Day’s coming for us when we go full bore stream. Can’t quite convince the wife to take the plunge. Her daughter has the YouTube package along with a couple of other “Wireless service” freebies. I’m waiting for her to convince her mom that’s the way to go. When she does… I’ll stick an antenna on the roof so I can acquire the Dallas stations along with the local ones and we’ll make the plunge.

I couldn't live without it now. Wherever (my car, on vacation, flying somewhere) I am I can turn on the tv. I have one tv in the house now. The rest are tablets. People can sit and watch what they want with their headphones on. We don't watch a lot of tv though, so it is probably a bit overkill to have all the streaming services I have right now.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you all telling me that somebody spent $110 million dollars so I DON’T have to watch Taylor Swift?

Winning!

I'll be watching every game and if during that time I get to see Patrick Mahomes lose and Taylor Swift cry all the better for a great weekend of football.

I don't know how any fan of sports can't be amped for this weekends playoff games.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be watching every game and if during that time I get to see Patrick Mahomes lose and Taylor Swift cry all the better for a great weekend of football.

I don't know how any fan of sports can't be amped for this weekends playoff games.
Excited? I’m going to a funeral on Monday night at 8 pm

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excited? I’m going to a funeral on Monday night at 8 pm

First, I don't understand putting a playoff game on a Monday night. Has that ever happened before? Seems weird to jive the winner of that game out of a day of rest during the playoffs.

Second, there's no way the Eagles lose that game. That's not necessarily a vote of confidence in the Eagles who are oddly off(but in fairness, I haven't watched many of their games this season). It's more of an indictment on Todd Bowles.

Bu then there is the Matty P thingy......................................

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, I don't understand putting a playoff game on a Monday night. Has that ever happened before? Seems weird to jive the winner of that game out of a day of rest during the playoffs.

Second, there's no way the Eagles lose that game. That's not necessarily a vote of confidence in the Eagles who are oddly off(but in fairness, I haven't watched many of their games this season). It's more of an indictment on Todd Bowles.

Bu then there is the Matty P thingy......................................
Eagles lost to the Giants and the Cardinals. They can lose to anybody.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles lost to the Giants and the Cardinals. They can lose to anybody.

That can be said of just about every playoff team, every season. The phrase "Any Given Sunday" is true for the NFL every year.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Pay per view is the consumer directly paying for access to a one time event. Subscribers drawn to the service that subscribe have access to all Peacock content.

That’s just capitalism, bro.
Yep it’s all good until they start reaching in “your” back pocket for more. Honestly surprised it has not happened sooner but I’m not a subscriber and won’t for 1 game.
As they say in southwest Texas El Paso on this money grab.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again.....older smart TVs only came with what was on them. No downloading anything.
Firestick would solve your problem. I used a firestick with a non smart tv and then I could load which ever apps I want and stream to my heart content. If your tv has a usb port ( they all do, even non smart ones) it's a snap. $30 to $45 for a firestick new on amazon, used or new on ebay even less.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Firestick would solve your problem. I used a firestick with a non smart tv and then I could load which ever apps I want and stream to my heart content. If your tv has a usb port ( they all do, even non smart ones) it's a snap. $30 to $45 for a firestick new on amazon, used or new on ebay even less.
I had a firestick but it could never not turn on when I just wanted to watch a signal from the dish...threw it in a drawer and never looked back

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should, but people are stupid. They like their corporate masters bossing them around so they don't have to think.
Wouldn’t it be amazing? Everybody talking about the game on social media while Peacock is trying to figure out why their ratings are so low. People should do this every time they try to move a big game to a premium service.

Having to buy a different premium service for every sport you watch isn’t going to be worth it and this is how you let the peacocks of the world understand it.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn’t it be amazing? Everybody talking about the game on social media while Peacock is trying to figure out why their ratings are so low. People should do this every time they try to move a big game to a premium service.

Having to buy a different premium service for every sport you watch isn’t going to be worth it and this is how you let the peacocks of the world understand it.

Just the concept of NBC creating a paywall service called Peacock is crap. Even your "over the air" historic 3 channels want their shot at soaking the customer for additional revenue. Capitalism at it's "finest"...