• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is spending $110M to piss off fans a good business model?

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a firestick but it could never not turn on when I just wanted to watch a signal from the dish...threw it in a drawer and never looked back
As Harold said - that should be a simple setting correction. I have an old Visio on the patio that I had to “correct“ the setting on to do just the opposite of your issue. Works perfectly.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just the concept of NBC creating a paywall service called Peacock is crap. Even your "over the air" historic 3 channels want their shot at soaking the customer for additional revenue. Capitalism at it's "finest"...
Which is why I will be looking at antennas in the next few years along with streaming. Old school solutions to new world problems.

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, I don't understand putting a playoff game on a Monday night. Has that ever happened before? Seems weird to jive the winner of that game out of a day of rest during the playoffs.
It was Cowboys-Bucs last year. Don't think it's a great idea but now with 6 wild card games, they're going to continue to do it.

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why I will be looking at antennas in the next few years along with streaming. Old school solutions to new world problems.
Can you come over to my place and stand by my TV for a while with one hand on the antenna and the other like you're John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever?

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A real fan was replaced by a woman that doesn't care about football. No its not a bad business model to destroy things that used to be good and sell that destroyed thing to a larger audience. Not a bad business model. Not a bad business model. It makes the world worse, but it's not a bad business model.
If you stopped watching a sport because some dumb ass kneels before the game even starts, you are not a real fan. Why would anyone want to worry about keeping someone who is that fickle? End of discussion.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you stopped watching a sport because some dumb ass kneels before the game even starts, you are not a real fan. Why would anyone want to worry about keeping someone who is that fickle? End of discussion.
"Some dumbass kneels"
An entire spectacle synchronized to the election.

The league showed their ass. You keep looking in there.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Some dumbass kneels"
An entire spectacle synchronized to the election.

The league showed their ass. You keep looking in there.
I'm surprised it took the NFL so long to decide to just not televise the kneeling anymore.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBC pays the money to stream

I hope the equipment does not freeze up

I am sure the Dolphins will love this

Dolphins vs. Chiefs AFC Wild Card game on Saturday could be one of the coldest NFL games EVER

1704904831459.png

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised it took the NFL so long to decide to just not televise the kneeling anymore.
When Villanueva came out of the Steelers locker room by himself to proudly stand during the National Anthem, for a while his NFL jersey was the biggest seller in the league. Americans made a choice with that. Perhaps the money-grubbers took notice.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dolphins vs. Chiefs AFC Wild Card game on Saturday could be one of the coldest NFL games EVER

View attachment 350716
Mike McDaniel is 0-10 as an underdog after October as hc....dolphins franchise win percentage in games under 40 degrees is even worse

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike McDaniel is 0-10 as an underdog after October as hc....dolphins franchise win percentage in games under 40 degrees is even worse
So, his winning % is 0% in games as an underdog in October. Still...How can the Phins's winning percentage be even worse than 0%?

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 350716
I was at the Bills-Raiders 1994 playoff game when it was about that cold. Things I remember:
- The Raiders players were spending a lot of time crouched around the heaters by the benches.
- Somebody bought me a beer at halftime, and the first thing I noticed was frost around the rip of the cup. In spite of my best effort, it froze before I could finish drinking it.
- One of the people I went to the game with didn't bring a hat or gloves. Surprisingly, that person is still alive today. :)

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at the Bills-Raiders 1994 playoff game when it was about that cold. Things I remember:
- The Raiders players were spending a lot of time crouched around the heaters by the benches.
- Somebody bought me a beer at halftime, and the first thing I noticed was frost around the rip of the cup. In spite of my best effort, it froze before I could finish drinking it.
- One of the people I went to the game with didn't bring a hat or gloves. Surprisingly, that person is still alive today. :)

Yea I know Buffalo can have some bad weather. I am thinking more has to do with snow than very cold but those cold games are not fun if you do not prepare properly. It is not easy to keep drinks from freezing lol. I was at 2 cold games at Lambeau the worst one was the NFC Championship game which was Favres last game in GB against the Giants.

I just looked it up the game against the Giants was the 3rd coldest game and the game you were at is the 4th coldest game

By the time the 3rd quarter started my feet were froze even after standing in a 1" thick piece of styrofoam to keep feet off the concrete

Giants vs. Packers Game Is Third Coldest on Record​

#1 The dubious distinction of coldest NFL game ever played belongs to the so-called "Ice Bowl," the Dec. 31, 1967 NFL Championship game between the Green Bay Packers and the Dallas Cowboys, when the temperature was minus 13 with a wind chill of minus 43. That was also played at Lambeau Field.

#2 The next two coldest games, according to the NFL Record Book, were the Jan. 10, 1982 AFC championship game at Cincinnati's Riverfront Stadium between the Bengals and the San Diego Chargers, when the temperature was minus 9 with a wind chill of minus 59.

#3 The Pack and Giants

#4 Sunday's game just edged out the Jan. 15, 1994 AFC divisional game between the Buffalo Bills and Los Angeles Raiders, when the temperature at Rich Stadium in Orchard Park, N.Y., was zero, with a wind chill of minus 32.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Villanueva came out of the Steelers locker room by himself to proudly stand during the National Anthem, for a while his NFL jersey was the biggest seller in the league. Americans made a choice with that. Perhaps the money-grubbers took notice.

I'd love to see a link for that. Smells like bullshit.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I know Buffalo can have some bad weather. I am thinking more has to do with snow than very cold but those cold games are not fun if you do not prepare properly. It is not easy to keep drinks from freezing lol. I was at 2 cold games at Lambeau the worst one was the NFC Championship game which was Favres last game in GB against the Giants.

I just looked it up the game against the Giants was the 3rd coldest game and the game you were at is the 4th coldest game

By the time the 3rd quarter started my feet were froze even after standing in a 1" thick piece of styrofoam to keep feet off the concrete

Giants vs. Packers Game Is Third Coldest on Record​

#1 The dubious distinction of coldest NFL game ever played belongs to the so-called "Ice Bowl," the Dec. 31, 1967 NFL Championship game between the Green Bay Packers and the Dallas Cowboys, when the temperature was minus 13 with a wind chill of minus 43. That was also played at Lambeau Field.

#2 The next two coldest games, according to the NFL Record Book, were the Jan. 10, 1982 AFC championship game at Cincinnati's Riverfront Stadium between the Bengals and the San Diego Chargers, when the temperature was minus 9 with a wind chill of minus 59.

#3 The Pack and Giants

#4 Sunday's game just edged out the Jan. 15, 1994 AFC divisional game between the Buffalo Bills and Los Angeles Raiders, when the temperature at Rich Stadium in Orchard Park, N.Y., was zero, with a wind chill of minus 32.

this is the one I always considered the coldest. but I guess technically it is #2.
but (again) if you ask me. This is the coldest LOL

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for Peacock

Bad for the NFL in the long run if they over-do it

1 playoff game exclusive is probably a net positive for them unfortunately

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamie on GMFB made a good point.
With the Chiefs playing on peacock all the swifties will be using that QR code to see her, I mean the game.

Could be a huge spike for Peacock