• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is spending $110M to piss off fans a good business model?

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean… that doesn’t seem sustainable to me but I’m just a cog in the business wheel.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean… that doesn’t seem sustainable to me but I’m just a cog in the business wheel.

Curious as I've seen it as NBC only and NBC and Peacock. If a game is on NBC can it automatically be seen on Peacock too?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming they’ll add more subscriptions this week than any previous. Will most likely be worth their investment longterm.

I’m angry Collinsworth will be doing the Lions game on Sunday night.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started tuning out the NFL when the announcers were spending their time talking about kneeling by Kaepernick. Unless I'm in a bar now, I don't watch the NFL anymore, so i don't care what they do. It seems to me that the NFL is all about money and has forgotten about its fans.

They have expanded the season to the point that a lot of teams finished their seasons with backups. Now, they want more games and more teams when they can't get enough players to provide for the teams they have. If I had a son in school, I would tell him to forget about football. My daughter's boyfriend was the captain of the high school football team. He was the county league MVP as a middle linebacker. He stopped playing after high school. After a while, he told us that after he quit football, his thought processes got much clearer and easier.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pirate Gnome GIF

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBC will air it on home markets... So you only get that option if you're in that area
I actually want to be able to see the game on Peacock as I still have ATT and they don't have NBC. Does this mean all the NBC games can be seen on Peacock as well?

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started tuning out the NFL when the announcers were spending their time talking about kneeling by Kaepernick. Unless I'm in a bar now, I don't watch the NFL anymore, so i don't care what they do. It seems to me that the NFL is all about money and has forgotten about its fans.

They have expanded the season to the point that a lot of teams finished their seasons with backups. Now, they want more games and more teams when they can't get enough players to provide for the teams they have. If I had a son in school, I would tell him to forget about football. My daughter's boyfriend was the captain of the high school football team. He was the county league MVP as a middle linebacker. He stopped playing after high school. After a while, he told us that after he quit football, his thought processes got much clearer and easier.

*Translating...*

"I'm old."

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just another way for tv networks to get more money out of you
peacock is owned by NBC

Sir Robin Of Camelot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they will get like 5 million new subscribers with the hope they keep some.
I’ll be really curious to see what that number actually turns out to be. Not a big deal for me as I have Peacock and actually use it but I know plenty (like the BIL) who are pretty pissed.

He’s even more pissed that I won't share my login… so that may be his bigger beef. Like I care.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually want to be able to see the game on Peacock as I still have ATT and they don't have NBC. Does this mean all the NBC games can be seen on Peacock as well?
I use Peacock for SNF as they stream in 4K. I’m spoiled that way.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is anyone else seeing this old Boomer's serial autobiography on their feed also?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anyone else seeing this old Boomer's serial autobiography on their feed also?
Kind of weird how the kneeling started in 2016 and the Pats died when Brady left. Right around the same wheelhouse of time.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They picked the KC game to get all the swifties to sign up