• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is it Ohio State's fault?

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has nothing to do with Oregon. Sorry, not biting.

And how could Northwestern have gone in the tank after playing tOSU?

Northwestern never was good.

They beat

Cal
Syracuse
Western Michigan
Maine

Those 4 teams are dog shit.

No poof. They were never good. Sorry.

Might want to check out their injury list, not to mention two of their losses were complete and utter flukes....... that they should've won.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas, Georgia, and USC would still be solid nonconference wins this year. Even Michigan and Florida would be decent.

Exactly. Decent. Which is what you thought youd get from Cal. My point is that none of those ELITE level programs are having years where they would really be huge wins. Not saying none of them would be bad ( except for the Gators... LOL) just that they wouldnt be what you were expecting. Just like OSU didnt get what they were expecting from Cal.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a pretty humorous suggestion

CAL can't play Defense
NW got decimated by injuries

and for the record you told me Oregon solved their D Line problem, which was total BS cause they got pushed around by Stanford. That was the biggest disappointment for me in that game, it was the opportunity for Oregon to just get past Stanford it would be smooth sailing the rest of the way.

Should Ohio State and Oregon play the battle in the trenches will be the determining factor, just like the last time they played in the Rose Bowl.

Oregon will score points but not being able to dictate terms consistently will be a problem for them, especially if Oregon's D-Line gets shoved around by Ohio State's O-Line.

Every single possession in that game will be critical. I don't expect Oregon to make the same mistake of taking points off the board by trying to go for it on 4th down early. And relying on fumbles in the Red Zone wont be their for the Buckeyes.

It will be a very good game that I want to see.

Hyde would get his.

But Ohio State and Stanford are two different beasts.

Both very good teams.

But Stanford grinding the clock and running for 4 yards with 3 TEs every play is different from what Ohio State would do.

I really want the matchup. Hope you can get by MSU.

Oregon ticked me off staying in a 3-4. :wtf2: Go 5 or 6 d line with 3 LBs.... sheesh...

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to agree, but I think you underestimate the blind and rabid hate for the buckeyes in the eyes of the people in power of the polls........

While I do think the media hates on OSU IF Baylor wins out they SHOULD be ahead of OSU. Has nothing to do with hate at that point since it how it should be.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The medias opinion....fortunately for Ohio State means about as much as the SportsHoopla top 25 when it comes to the BCS rankings

GreenNickle

Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon ticked me off staying in a 3-4. Go 5 or 6 d line with 3 LBs.... sheesh...

yeah I got tired of yelling at the TV
STOP THE RUN DAMMIT

Oregon only needed two stops in that fing game and it would have been boat race city
still had a shot at the end regardless
was so waiting for the hush of the crowd and Pollack to have to let Palmer cry on his shoulder

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The medias opinion....fortunately for Ohio State means about as much as the SportsHoopla top 25 when it comes to the BCS rankings

Id disagree with that man. The Coaches poll is directly effected by the media. Coaches dont watch all the games, they catch highlights ( maybe ) so when the media bashes OSU then the coaches are going to absorb some of that even if they dont want to.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id disagree with that man. The Coaches poll is directly effected by the media. Coaches dont watch all the games, they catch highlights ( maybe ) so when the media bashes OSU then the coaches are going to absorb some of that even if they dont want to.

they don't even catch the highlights. there's no reasonable explanation for cincinnati being the 2nd team just outside the top 25. they've done nothing. they just happen to only have 2 losses and come from an AQ conference. they are mediocre at best. computers have them around #60. the coaches also had a 6-1 auburn team that had just beaten a 5-2 texas a&m on the road 2 spots behind the aggies. go figure.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did OSU and Cal agree to a home-and-home?

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The AP poll cracks me up....you got clowns like Jon Wilner who ranks Ohio State as low as possible no matter what they do

and this guy Pollstalker

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The AP poll cracks me up....you got clowns like Jon Wilner who ranks Ohio State as low as possible no matter what they do

and this guy Pollstalker

i'd love to hear kendall's justification for having texas a&m 5th and auburn 9th given their records and head to head result.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'd love to hear kendall's justification for having texas a&m 5th and auburn 9th given their records and head to head result.

There's a guy that has Michigan State 21st with LSU ranked 6 spots higher. Some of these guys need to have their voting rights revoked.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that assclown has Stanford 9th in his latest poll
go figure he is from San Jose

Ive heard a few interviews with this clown....his logic is basically "Ohio State cant possibly be a top 3 team because they play in the Big 10"

and in his mind a loss to a top 10 team carries more merrit in his rankings then beating anyone not in the top 10.....

How the AP doesn't take away guys like this vote immediately is beyond me.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thread here mamba, hopefully this puts an end to the constant Ohio State bashing and trolling going on.

I don't think any rational OSU fan thought we were one of the 2 best teams in the nation last year, and even if we weren't on a bowl ban I would've been fine going to the RB had that been what happened. Alabama had the better resume and were the better team.

This year, IMO, Bama deserves to play in the title game unless they get knocked off. I don't think they're as good as last year, but I also don't think there is a ton of elite football being played this year and you're gonna be damn hard-pressed to convince anyone they don't deserve the chance. Florida State, as I have admitted, looks like a deserving #2 IMO, and if they both play for the title, it will be extremely fair and I think one hell of a game. I'd be ecstatic if we matched up with Oregon in the Rose, as I think when they're playing their best they may be the best team in the nation, so it's an excellent barometer.

Moving forward, our OOC will improve dramatically starting next year as Va Tech and Cincy are both better than anything we faced this year. 2015 we add Northern Illinois and 2016 starts the Oklahoma H/H. To this point, if you told me we aren't deserving of a NC birth over FSU and Bama, I'd agree. That may not be the case starting next year, but we'll see.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan State must really love this conversation.

Stanford loved the Oregon fans fighting with Florida State fans over who wins out the #2.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan State must really love this conversation.

Stanford loved the Oregon fans fighting with Florida State fans over who wins out the #2.

I dont think anyone thinks Ohio State is going to or should jump FSU....or is going to lose pre bowl season

It would be a major upset if FSU lost.....theyll be heavily favored vs a beat down Florida team and heavily favored in the ACC title game vs whatever scrap squad wins the other division.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and this guy Pollstalker

That is disgusting. A&M at 5, UCLA at 7, Wisconsin at 8, but Clemson is at 13, Auburn at 9, USCe at 14, Oklahoma St at 17. What a fucking joke! :laugh3:

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically what you're saying is that when this game was agreed to Cal was coming off a 3 out of 4 year stretch being in the top 25 with two of those seasons being in the top 15?? I get your overrall point about Cal not being historically strong but at the time the game was scheduled they were playing well.

First, how do you know when this season's game was scheduled? You are just supposing that it was scheduled in 2007.

Second, I am saying is that Cal has historically been a mediocre team and anyone scheduling them should expect just that. Over brief periods Cal can rise up to reach "good" and if so it will be a bonus to your teams SOS but don't bet on it when you schedule them (as OSU is painfully finding out).