• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is it Collusion conspiracy theory time again?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wouldn't. I wouldn't. But every year there are FAs whose contract demands seem insane and then some teams meets them anyway.

Yankees seem to be the only team nibbling on Snell and they are gun shy after getting ripped off by Carlos Rodon. Snell has only had two seasons in which he didn't miss starts due to injury.

Montgomery should fire Boras. The guy should know that he is no $150 million pitcher but Boras has him convinced otherwise.
Personally all of the players should fire Boras. Has a contract between he and a player ever been leaked. Cause from a few of his clients we’ve seen their wants weren’t met, just the money so I’m just curious if they sign with him their opinions don’t really matter.

So Boras is a huge negative for the game but so are the welfare teams like the A’s, Pirates, Brewers, Rays. Crap even the Mariners collect money and don’t spend it. I know people like to shit on the Marlins but at least they tried awhile back when they had the best and most expensive OF in the sport. It just blew up in their face.

It’s good that FO’s are full of nerds who hate baseball cause it saves owners money but they also are nerds who hate baseball. Crap even Jerry is a nerd, who was a player, but seems to hate players and the sport.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally all of the players should fire Boras. Has a contract between he and a player ever been leaked. Cause from a few of his clients we’ve seen their wants weren’t met, just the money so I’m just curious if they sign with him their opinions don’t really matter.

So Boras is a huge negative for the game but so are the welfare teams like the A’s, Pirates, Brewers, Rays. Crap even the Mariners collect money and don’t spend it. I know people like to shit on the Marlins but at least they tried awhile back when they had the best and most expensive OF in the sport. It just blew up in their face.

It’s good that FO’s are full of nerds who hate baseball cause it saves owners money but they also are nerds who hate baseball. Crap even Jerry is a nerd, who was a player, but seems to hate players and the sport.

which also doesn't really get talked about how spending tons of money doesn't always net you the results you want. I am sure the owner of Mets and Padres would tell other owners to not bother trying to spend a ton of money and make an all star team as that can be a massive failure just like the Marlins back in the day.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are those demands any different than Yamamoto. He hasn’t thrown a pitch in the MLB and isn’t even the most valued pitcher in the NPB, if Yamamoto is worth that much then Roki Sasaki is going to get $500 million.

I wonder how this will effect Logan Gilbert and George Kirby down the road if they would want to test free agency.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are those demands any different than Yamamoto. He hasn’t thrown a pitch in the MLB and isn’t even the most valued pitcher in the NPB, if Yamamoto is worth that much then Roki Sasaki is going to get $500 million.

That's an entirely different situation. You're also getting eyeballs from Asian markets with that deal. He's an unknown commodity so it's not a deal I'd make but it makes more sense than paying Montgomery 150 million with 38 career wins.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's an entirely different situation. You're also getting eyeballs from Asian markets with that deal. He's an unknown commodity so it's not a deal I'd make but it makes more sense than paying Montgomery 150 million with 38 career wins.
Well eye balls is an entirely different situation than what Boras does. Montgomery IMO isn’t worth 150 million but he got hot at the right time and an argument back was throughout his career he has been worth more than 750k. All I’m saying is Montgomery deserves more money than Yamamoto or any of these Japanese players that have never played MLB.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how this will affect Logan Gilbert and George Kirby down the road if they would want to test free agency.
Kirby on paper should beat out Cole’s contract and Gilbert should be a $250 million guy. Of course depending on injuries. Eventually players contracts need to course correct, but with how much money owners and making we aren’t there yet IMO

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which also doesn't really get talked about how spending tons of money doesn't always net you the results you want. I am sure the owner of Mets and Padres would tell other owners to not bother trying to spend a ton of money and make an all star team as that can be a massive failure just like the Marlins back in the day.
But you have to define a failure. At least they tried. The Mariners have never once in their history tried to win a World Series.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you have to define a failure. At least they tried. The Mariners have never once in their history tried to win a World Series.

I remember at one point the Mariners opened their pockets and signed Richie Sexson and Adrian Beltre and that turned into a failure, also Robinson Cano. My biggest fear with spending money is really the Cano scenario imagine having a guy like that on your books he is failing and you are stuck paying him for the next 7 years, you can't release him, nobody will trade for him. Then you have George Kirby and Logan Gilbert who will want to get paid a lot of money can you will be forced to either trade him or watch him walk in free agency. I can understand why owners do not want to shell a ton of money only to get beat by Tampa or Arizona.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember at one point the Mariners opened their pockets and signed Richie Sexson and Adrian Beltre and that turned into a failure, also Robinson Cano. My biggest fear with spending money is really the Cano scenario imagine having a guy like that on your books he is failing and you are stuck paying him for the next 7 years, you can't release him, nobody will trade for him. Then you have George Kirby and Logan Gilbert who will want to get paid a lot of money can you will be forced to either trade him or watch him walk in free agency. I can understand why owners do not want to shell a ton of money only to get beat by Tampa or Arizona.
I’d argue Sexson and Beltre weren’t failures at all. Pat Gillick failed the team by allowing it to get too old. Had Gillick done his job correctly Sexson and Beltre would’ve put them over the top. As well as Cano, Cano should’ve made them WS contenders but Jack Z blew at his job of developing talent. FA’s are suppose to supplement the roster, not be the roster. The Mariners are in prime position to add high priced free agents to put them over the top while they have young cheap talent.

While I get the Tampa point, but how many championships has Tampa won? Arizona had a high payroll way back when they won. KC is the only team in modern baseball to have won a championship playing it cheap