• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Aaron Rodgers Overrated?

Is Aaron Rodgers Overrated

• Yes

Votes: 10 15.2%
  • No

Votes: 56 84.8%

• Total voters

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may be but I don't think he's there quite yet....Granted he is arguably the best talented qb in the league right now, but he had the good fortune of sitting under one of the all time greats for 3 yrs and then stepped into a championship caliber team....That doesn't take away from his ability and accomplishments but most qb's drafted in the first 3 rounds today are probably starting somewhere between day 1 or the following year.....
If he were thrown into the fire out of the gate like many are today, it may be a whole different conversation....

With his numbers, all-pros, pro bowls, MVPs and the SB win ? He's a mortal lock if he doesn't play another game and a 1st ballot one at that.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With his numbers, all-pros, pro bowls, MVPs and the SB win ? He's a mortal lock if he doesn't play another game and a 1st ballot one at that.

You could be right, It just seems that with the talent he's had around him, and all the opportunities he's had to get another SB, you'd think the judges have to wonder why he hasn't been able to get it done...Being he is considered by many to be the best qb in the league....
He has the fastest release I think I've seen since Marino, but I don't think that gets graded for the hall....
The question was is he overrated, I'm just looking at both sides of the argument...I think talent wise no, but overall accomplishments maybe a little....
Most teams would hock their mother to have him as their qb though....:dhd:

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could be right, It just seems that with the talent he's had around him, and all the opportunities he's had to get another SB, you'd think the judges have to wonder why he hasn't been able to get it done...Being he is considered by many to be the best qb in the league....
He has the fastest release I think I've seen since Marino, but I don't think that gets graded for the hall....
The question was is he overrated, I'm just looking at both sides of the argument...I think talent wise no, but overall accomplishments maybe a little....
Most teams would hock their mother to have him as their qb though....:dhd:

As a Lions fan, I can't stand the guy. But I think he's the best and has been for several years. He's the total package. Marino was the best passer ever, imo. He had no wheels and he rarely took sacks. I used to love to watch that guy play.

and before any Pats jump on me, I have Brady as my GOAT. His past couple of seasons have ended that debate in my head.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Lions fan, I can't stand the guy. But I think he's the best and has been for several years. He's the total package. Marino was the best passer ever, imo. He had no wheels and he rarely took sacks. I used to love to watch that guy play.

and before any Pats jump on me, I have Brady as my GOAT. His past couple of seasons have ended that debate in my head.

I've watched them all from the first SB to today, Starr, Tarkenton, Unitas, Marino, Bradshaw and all in between, but there is no doubt in my mind that Joe Montana was the greatest of all time....
Brady, Manning, Rodgers nor any modern day qb's would have lasted long back in those days when LB's were allowed to crush a qb without a penalty, and I never saw one of them whining for a flag....They played hurt as much as healthy and still accomplished great feats.....
This NFL today is flashier and appeals to impatient fans but this is a watered down version of the old game....
Really can't compare, numbers are very misleading in those comparisons....
But we have what we have today and Rodgers is definitely one of the best.....

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched them all from the first SB to today, Starr, Tarkenton, Unitas, Marino, Bradshaw and all in between, but there is no doubt in my mind that Joe Montana was the greatest of all time....
Brady, Manning, Rodgers nor any modern day qb's would have lasted long back in those days when LB's were allowed to crush a qb without a penalty, and I never saw one of them whining for a flag....They played hurt as much as healthy and still accomplished great feats.....
This NFL today is flashier and appeals to impatient fans but this is a watered down version of the old game....

I probably go back as far as you do and I agree that it's impossible to compare across eras, but only because the rules have made it so much easier to move the ball through the air. I don't think the old timers were any tougher, though. I also don't put as much stock in championships as most when evaluating QBs. Montana is definitely one of the all time greats but is that true if the Cards had drafted him ? The Niners were absolutely loaded.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I probably go back as far as you do and I agree that it's impossible to compare across eras, but only because the rules have made it so much easier to move the ball through the air. I don't think the old timers were any tougher, though. I also don't put as much stock in championships as most when evaluating QBs. Montana is definitely one of the all time greats but is that true if the Cards had drafted him ? The Niners were absolutely loaded.

Well no 1 player is that empowered, they all need great players around them so that they can exhibit their genius....That's the HC and staff's job to put the best players around their star.....That doesn't diminish his accomplishments, it testifies of the good job everyone around him is doing so they can be an advantage to each others success...It's always been a team sport, many have forgotten that and think it's a single player stats instead....Not so !!

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players are bigger, faster, stronger total different game. We now have 300# guys running 4.6 40s. They'd crush any QB in any era.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well no 1 player is that empowered, they all need great players around them so that they can exhibit their genius....That's the HC and staff's job to put the best players around their star.....That doesn't diminish his accomplishments, it testifies of the good job everyone around him is doing so they can be an advantage to each others success...It's always been a team sport, many have forgotten that and think it's a single player stats instead....Not so !!
This is why I laugh when people throw out the system QB crap. If you want your QB/Team to be succesful you build the system around their strengths. Thus a system QB.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a long time Aaron Rodgers has been labeled as elite but in reality, he has only won 1 Super Bowl and that was with the 2nd best defense in the league and while having many really good to great weapons at wide receiver.

Lately, Rogers has been falling flat on his face and has averaged only 9.5 wins over the last 4 years.

With all of the QB's who have won more than 1 SB you'd think Aaron Rogers would have if he weren't so overrated.

Dan Marino won zero... Nuff said...

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SB argument is a lame one. Always has been, always will be when talking about HOF caliber. No way Terry Bradshaw is miles better than Peyton Manning, Brett Favre, Dan Marino, etc. etc. so just stop. Hell, I don't think Bradshaw was as good as most of his competitors when he played but with that Steelers team, he looked like a superstar. Having said that, Brady's accomplishments go far beyond just the SB rings but they do add to his legacy.
As for Rodgers, maybe one of the most accurate passers I've seen since Marino and with mobility and able to throw on the move better than anyone I ever saw. The numbers are there along with quite a few signature moments and games. Just enjoy watching a great player play and quit dissecting everything and comparing.
Now, as for over rated.Every QB in the game is over rated, always have been, always will be. But they also get the brunt of the blame when things don't go right. It comes from being in the spotlight. Too easy to forget the guys in the trenches who are actually the reason these "Generals" get to celebrate victory, imo. How many SB's are won because some unknown player has a monster game or the defense dominates? Think about it for a minute before talking this nonsense.

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will be exposed this weekend by the Bengals young pass rush!

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SB argument is a lame one. Always has been, always will be when talking about HOF caliber. No way Terry Bradshaw is miles better than Peyton Manning, Brett Favre, Dan Marino, etc. etc. so just stop. Hell, I don't think Bradshaw was as good as most of his competitors when he played but with that Steelers team, he looked like a superstar. Having said that, Brady's accomplishments go far beyond just the SB rings but they do add to his legacy.
As for Rodgers, maybe one of the most accurate passers I've seen since Marino and with mobility and able to throw on the move better than anyone I ever saw. The numbers are there along with quite a few signature moments and games. Just enjoy watching a great player play and quit dissecting everything and comparing.
Now, as for over rated.Every QB in the game is over rated, always have been, always will be. But they also get the brunt of the blame when things don't go right. It comes from being in the spotlight. Too easy to forget the guys in the trenches who are actually the reason these "Generals" get to celebrate victory, imo. How many SB's are won because some unknown player has a monster game or the defense dominates? Think about it for a minute before talking this nonsense.
I think Bradshaw gets a bit underrated because a lot of people take this stance. He was top 10 in passer rating 6 times, top 10 in TDs 8 times, top 10 in yards 5 times.

And the defense absolutely deserves a lot of credit for those Super Bowl wins. But Bradshaw also averaged about 206 yards on 22 attempts, with a 93 passer rating in those 12 games that led to Super Bowl wins.

I'm not saying that Bradshaw is better than the guys you mentioned, but I think he does deserve more credit than he is usually given.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players are bigger, faster, stronger total different game. We now have 300# guys running 4.6 40s. They'd crush any QB in any era.
I remember when Fridge Perry broke 300 lbs and that was a milestone. Today, 300 is average for linemen.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when Fridge Perry broke 300 lbs and that was a milestone. Today, 300 is average for linemen.
Fridge the DL or Fridge the RB, lol

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fridge the DL or Fridge the RB, lol
D line. Richard Perry or whatever, my memory sucks. He was the one that made the news back then, for breaking 300 lbs. Fridge got the credit for that in the news.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread belongs in the GB or NFC forum.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D line. Richard Perry or whatever, my memory sucks. He was the one that made the news back then, for breaking 300 lbs. Fridge got the credit for that in the news.
William the fridge they used him as a RB as well on occassion. I think he ended up with two rushing TDs and a receiving TD. He also was #335 + or - a bag of doughnuts. That was in the mid 80s.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
William the fridge they used him as a RB as well on occassion. I think he ended up with two rushing TDs and a receiving TD. He also was #335 + or - a bag of doughnuts. That was in the mid 80s.
William, Richard, whatever ... :D