• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Aaron Rodgers Overrated?

Is Aaron Rodgers Overrated

• Yes

Votes: 10 15.2%
  • No

Votes: 56 84.8%

• Total voters

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another brilliant thread from cowboyb

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bradshaw gets a bit underrated because a lot of people take this stance. He was top 10 in passer rating 6 times, top 10 in TDs 8 times, top 10 in yards 5 times.

And the defense absolutely deserves a lot of credit for those Super Bowl wins. But Bradshaw also averaged about 206 yards on 22 attempts, with a 93 passer rating in those 12 games that led to Super Bowl wins.

I'm not saying that Bradshaw is better than the guys you mentioned, but I think he does deserve more credit than he is usually given.
Yeah, I didn't really mean that Bradshaw was bad. But he, himself admitted that in the first 2 SB wins, he basically just wanted to not screw things up. The last 2 SB wins, he was much more of an integral part of the offense. Bradshaw was a really good QB with a cannon for an arm but the game was so different then and he definitely had the horses around him.
My biggest beef with these debates is the comments about a guy like Marino being knocked because of the lack of a SB ring while at the same time, we admit that guys like Dilfer and McMahon were basically just along for the ride. It's utter nonsense to diminish a players accomplishments based solely on championships won or lack of championships, in this case. It's like saying Ted Williams isn't one of the all time baseball greats because he didn't win a W.S.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a long time Aaron Rodgers has been labeled as elite but in reality, he has only won 1 Super Bowl and that was with the 2nd best defense in the league and while having many really good to great weapons at wide receiver.

Lately, Rogers has been falling flat on his face and has averaged only 9.5 wins over the last 4 years.

With all of the QB's who have won more than 1 SB you'd think Aaron Rogers would have if he weren't so overrated.

I hate Aaron Rodgers. I'd love to just say he's not that good but he is. The only way he's overrated IMO is if you say he's better than Tom Brady. I'd say Rodgers won a Superbowl with a team that really shouldn't have won a Superbowl with. That team had talent but not many QBs in history would have won a championship with them. More so, once that team started coming up for contract, Ted Thompson let a lot of that talent walk and replaced them with mostly garbage. 9.5 wins over the last 4 years, if that's correct, is damn good for who they trot out there on Sundays. The last few years we've had a lot of "what's wrong with Aaron Rodgers", "what's wrong with the Packers" talk at the beginning of seasons. It seems to be because they take time to adjust to less and less talent, then injuries on top of it, and Rodgers has to carry more and more shit on his back. He's been propping them up for years. Every year I think that this is the year the bottom falls out and every year he carries them to the top of the division. To playoff wins. To conference championship games. I know a lot of people think they have tons of talent but Rodgers just makes a lot of the offensive players look that way. Jordy Nelson is a star. Greg Jennings was Jordy Nelson in Green Bay, not so much anywhere else. Jordy Nelson may be Greg Jennings away from Rodgers, he may be James Jones. I can pretty much guarantee you he's not a star. But Rodgers elevates everyone he plays with. Really, the fact that he's won a Superbowl with what they tend to put around him is amazing. I hope someday people realize that wins and championships are a team stat and do not solely fall on the QB.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terry Bradshaw is another great example of how the 'rings' argument is silly. Absolutely nobody, outside some hardcore homer Steeler fan/ex teammate/etc., thought he was the best ever or really anything close to it. Bradshaw did very little himself to secure the starter job for several years, until an already loaded team added Swann and Stallworth....it was then that Bradshaw started becoming anything resembling a top 5-type QB in his own era.

I'll give him credit that he did perform well in the playoffs. That is one of my top criteria in measuring how great a QB is.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate Aaron Rodgers. I'd love to just say he's not that good but he is. The only way he's overrated IMO is if you say he's better than Tom Brady. I'd say Rodgers won a Superbowl with a team that really shouldn't have won a Superbowl with. That team had talent but not many QBs in history would have won a championship with them. More so, once that team started coming up for contract, Ted Thompson let a lot of that talent walk and replaced them with mostly garbage. 9.5 wins over the last 4 years, if that's correct, is damn good for who they trot out there on Sundays. The last few years we've had a lot of "what's wrong with Aaron Rodgers", "what's wrong with the Packers" talk at the beginning of seasons. It seems to be because they take time to adjust to less and less talent, then injuries on top of it, and Rodgers has to carry more and more shit on his back. He's been propping them up for years. Every year I think that this is the year the bottom falls out and every year he carries them to the top of the division. To playoff wins. To conference championship games. I know a lot of people think they have tons of talent but Rodgers just makes a lot of the offensive players look that way. Jordy Nelson is a star. Greg Jennings was Jordy Nelson in Green Bay, not so much anywhere else. Jordy Nelson may be Greg Jennings away from Rodgers, he may be James Jones. I can pretty much guarantee you he's not a star. But Rodgers elevates everyone he plays with. Really, the fact that he's won a Superbowl with what they tend to put around him is amazing. I hope someday people realize that wins and championships are a team stat and do not solely fall on the QB.

No you don't and congratulations on winning the Aaron dick stroking award. Jesus fucking Christ how many excuses can you make for the guy? Lol!

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The entire thread is due to Brady hating.

Too funny.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you don't and congratulations on winning the Aaron dick stroking award. Jesus fucking Christ how many excuses can you make for the guy? Lol!

Theres excuses and there are reasons

The "reason" Aaron Rodgers doesnt have more rings is because his defense gets mauled year in and year out.....
Amongst other things

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah Aaron Rodgers suck

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the OP just likes to troll. At least, I hope, because anyone who seriously thinks that Aaron Rodgers is overrated is probably an idiot.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is weird though. When did "only" having one Super Bowl ring become a bad thing?

How would I know, I never said it was a bad thing. :noidea:

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How would I know, I never said it was a bad thing. :noidea:
Oh, yeah, I wasn't accusing you of that. I was just pointing out it is weird.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, yeah, I wasn't accusing you of that. I was just pointing out it is weird.

:suds:

All I know is that the presumptive greatest QB in the NFL spit the bit at home against Cincy and the real greatest QB in the league won a game that he had no business winning with a balls out last minute drive.