• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Aaron Rodgers Overrated?

Is Aaron Rodgers Overrated

• Yes

Votes: 10 15.2%
  • No

Votes: 56 84.8%

• Total voters

gandog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but has anybody seen a QB that gets so many offsides to occur, and then throw long on them? And just how does he get so many 12 men on the field calls because he gets them up to the line so fast ant snaps? I remember Skip Bayless (Who absolutely hates Rogers) lamenting that it "Just isn't fair" because he does it so often.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK?

To continue this game, one could say Brady has thrown two or more INTs in nine playoff games (about once every three games), while Rodgers has only done it twice (about once every nine games).

One could say Brady failed to lead his team two 20 or more points in a playoff game three times, while Rodgers has led his team to 20 or more points every time.

One could say Brady has a 1:1 TD to INT ratio in playoff losses, while Rodgers has a 2:1 ratio. That means Rodgers throws twice as many TDs as INT compared to Brady who throws an equal amount.
I thought you said you were keeping it simple?
Brady has 5 Xs more SB rings. I don't need to go pull up all the other stats that he leads the entire league in.
Game over your clock just went to 00:00

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but has anybody seen a QB that gets so many offsides to occur, and then throw long on them? And just how does he get so many 12 men on the field calls because he gets them up to the line so fast ant snaps? I remember Skip Bayless (Who absolutely hates Rogers) lamenting that it "Just isn't fair" because he does it so often.
He's probablly the best at throwing the hail Mary as well.

Let me know when he starts consistently winning playoff games deal?

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady has 5 Xs more SB rings. I don't need to go pull up all the other stats that he leads the entire league in.
I'm bringing up simple stats comparing the two QBs. If you can't keep up, that's your problem. And I'm sticking to things the QB has some control over. Not bring up how many points his team's defense allowed or gaffs by the special teams, because those things don't say much about the QB, himself.

Rodgers has multiple TD passes in 75% of his playoff games, Brady has multiple TD passes in a little more than half of his.

Rodgers has three or more TDs in seven out of 16 playoff games, while Brady has three or more TDs in 9 of 35 playoff games,

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not confuse the Patriots defense with the 85 Bears over Brady's career.
I'm bringing up simple stats comparing the two QBs. If you can't keep up, that's your problem. And I'm sticking to things the QB has some control over. Not bring up how many points his team's defense allowed or gaffs by the special teams, because those things don't say much about the QB, himself.

Rodgers has multiple TD passes in 75% of his playoff games, Brady has multiple TD passes in a little more than half of his.

Rodgers has three or more TDs in seven out of 16 playoff games, while Brady has three or more TDs in 9 of 35 playoff games,

You're cherry picking stats in his favor.

I can agree that the two are 1 / 2 in the league now. Maybe we add Matt Ryan to this top tier. Rodgers is every bit as good a QB as Brady right now. But his career is no where near what Brady's body of work is. This is why Brady is the GOAT and Rodgers is barely in the top 10 all time.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're on tilt youngin. Go take a time out. Again let's keep it simple. AR has played 17 playoff games, Brady 34. Again the clock has gone to zeroes on you. There is no overtime. You lost. Give it up.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Under Rodgers, the Packers are also 6-4 when allowing less than the league average in points in the playoffs in regulation. 2-4 when they allow more than the league average. They've allowed less than the league average in 62.5% of Rodgers' playoff games.

Under Brady, the Patriots are 17-3 when allowing less than the league average in points in the playoffs in regulation. 8-6 when they allow more than the league average. They've allowed less than the league average in 58.8% of Brady's playoff games.

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can agree that the two are 1 / 2 in the league now. Maybe we add Matt Ryan to this top tier. Rodgers is every bit as good a QB as Brady right now. But his career is no where near what Brady's body of work is. This is why Brady is the GOAT and Rodgers is barely in the top 10 all time.
I don't believe I brought up the GOAT topic here. I did mention in one of my first posts today that I was addressing the opinion that Rodgers needs to do more in the playoffs. I'm also addressing the reason for the thread, itself, that Rodgers is overrated.

I don't believe I'm really cherry picking. I'm not selecting stats from a certain time frame; I'm selecting career stats. Most stats between the two are quite similar, so I'm pointing out the ones that are noteworthy. And I'm comparing him to Brady, because I do recognize Brady is the benchmark right now.

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe I brought up the GOAT topic here. I did mention in one of my first posts today that I was addressing the opinion that Rodgers needs to do more in the playoffs. I'm also addressing the reason for the thread, itself, that Rodgers is overrated.

I don't believe I'm really cherry picking. I'm not selecting stats from a certain time frame; I'm selecting career stats. Most stats between the two are quite similar, so I'm pointing out the ones that are noteworthy. And I'm comparing him to Brady, because I do recognize Brady is the benchmark right now.

Ok, fair enough. I also have no problem acknowledging that AR is every bit the QB that TB is in today's NFL. I'm simply saying AR has no where near the career accomplishments of TB. And bringing up defenses is not helpful. Neither has had great defenses over the years and their teams have relied on their QB to win games. That simple.

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, fair enough. I also have no problem acknowledging that AR is every bit the QB that TB is in today's NFL. I'm simply saying AR has no where near the career accomplishments of TB. And bringing up defenses is not helpful. Neither has had great defenses over the years and their teams have relied on their QB to win games. That simple.
I'll also say this, when people make the point that AR is the GOAT, they are projecting his current performance throughout a career as long as Tom's. I, myself have been guilty of this. But, yea, we have to play the waiting game to see where all the cards land before we should make any claim like that.

I believe that Tom Brady has earned the title of GOAT, but not because he has five rings. I believe he's earned that title based on how's he's played in games to get to the Super Bowl, and how's he's played in the Super Bowl. If he played the exact same way, but the Patriot's defense gave up an average of 10 PPG more than they have, I wouldn't think less of Brady, because he has no control over what the defense does. If Vinatieri missed those FGs at the end of their first two Super Bowls, that speaks nothing of what Tom Brady did.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
# of seasons Brady has had a top 10 defense in points allowed: 13
# of seasons Rodgers has had a top 10 defense in points allowed: 2

Yes...yes...I know.... 'Excuses.'

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My opinion is it will be best to compare each of these quarterbacks to each other once their careers are over. To assume one has more of this or more of that when one has had many more years of starting at the position being compared would make quite a challenge for the player with the lower number of years starting to have equal or better all time numbers than the one who has been playing the longer period of time. The QB being compared here has 7 years less of playing time. Lets compare things when everything is equal.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More hate. You're really good at this. Brady Was 9 or 10-0 before he got his first playoff loss. Yeah I can see where you would think this is stupid. Why am I even talking playoffs with you? Go get your grand dad at least he remembers the Cowboy good ole days.
Only a Patriots fan would think Brady is better than Rodgers.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way that he could be thought of as overrated, is thinking that there is an elite tier of NFL QB's. I think that there is so little difference between 1 and let's say 12 that it doesn't matter.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because unfortunately team accomplishments are attached to QB's as if it is their own personal accomplishment

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because unfortunately team accomplishments are attached to QB's as if it is their own personal accomplishment
Just like wins and losses. Same thing for pitchers in baseball.