• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Aaron Rodgers Overrated?

Is Aaron Rodgers Overrated

• Yes

Votes: 10 15.2%
  • No

Votes: 56 84.8%

• Total voters

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best comeback ever with the amount of injuries the Packers had today. Damn, that was some clutch QB play and that Jordy TD was the perfect pass. R E L A X

Well, lets calm down before we declare a comeback vs 0-2 bengals team the best ever

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol!

I think we saw the best come back ever last February....oh wait, I forgot, Superbowls don't count.
No question that was a great comeback. Probably the greatest. But if the Patriots defense didn't do their part, nobody would care what Brady did, and he wouldn't be getting anywhere near the amount of credit for what he did in that game.

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No question that was a great comeback. Probably the greatest. But if the Patriots defense didn't do their part, nobody would care what Brady did, and he wouldn't be getting anywhere near the amount of credit for what he did in that game.

LOL, way to spin it. But that defense did shut down the high flying Falcons offense in the second half.

And I would say you could use the same argument with many of Rodger's comeback victories. It's kinda the nature of the beast. You can't have a comeback without some shoddy defense. How many great comebacks did Jim McMahon pull off for the 85 Bears?

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers was 0-7 in OT games he started until yesterday. Yea, that's not great by any means. But then again, in the two playoff losses to Arizona and Seattle, he never even had a a chance to touch the ball. I 'm sure some people would say that's just an excuse, though. In an OT game against the Redskins, he was knocked out of the game with a concussion, I believe in the 3rd quarter, on a helmet to helmet hit. But I'm sure that's just an excuse, too.

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, way to spin it. But that defense did shut down the high flying Falcons offense in the second half.

And I would say you could use the same argument with many of Rodger's comeback victories. It's kinda the nature of the beast. You can't have a comeback without some shoddy defense. How many great comebacks did Jim McMahon pull off for the 85 Bears?
I really wasn't trying to spin it it. I was trying to make a point. What Brady did in the 2nd half of that SB was go three and out on his opening drive. Then went on to score on every subsequent drive except the one that ended regulation. He led his team to one FG drive and the rest TD drives. What Rodgers did in the 2nd half of the NFCCG was quite similar. He went three and out on the opening drive and then scored on every subsequent drive except the one that ended regulation. All drives went for TDs, settling for zero FGs.

It's odd that Rodgers has the reputation that he needs to do more in the playoffs when he has done practically anything and everything Brady has done, it's just that his offense hasn't been complimented by his defense and special teams as much as Brady's has.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wasn't trying to spin it it. I was trying to make a point. What Brady did in the 2nd half of that SB was go three and out on his opening drive. Then went on to score on every subsequent drive except the one that ended regulation. He led his team to one FG drive and the rest TD drives. What Rodgers did in the 2nd half of the NFCCG was quite similar. He went three and out on the opening drive and then scored on every subsequent drive except the one that ended regulation. All drives went for TDs, settling for zero FGs.

It's odd that Rodgers has the reputation that he needs to do more in the playoffs when he has done practically anything and everything Brady has done, it's just that his offense hasn't been complimented by his defense and special teams as much as Brady's has.
So to summarize he hasn't won as much as Tom Brady has?

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So to summarize he hasn't won as much as Tom Brady has?
In a word: Nope! But a fairer statement would be that the Packers haven't won as much as the Patriots.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to believe AR has only been to one SB. He has to surpass Peyton Manning's record before he can get to Brady. He's not going to get there.

I'd love to see a Brady - Rodgers Super Bowl. But not sure the Packers can get past Atlanta to get there. We shall see.
The Packers defense is a liability.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a word: Nope! But a fairer statement would be that the Packers haven't won as much as the Patriots.
Or we could say Brady was never 10-7 in the playoffs? You choose?

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or we could say Brady was never 10-7 in the playoffs? You choose?
Once again, you make a true statement. But, once again, a more fairer statement would be that the Patriots were never 10-7 in the playoffs under the Bill Belichick regime.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another stupid comment.
More hate. You're really good at this. Brady Was 9 or 10-0 before he got his first playoff loss. Yeah I can see where you would think this is stupid. Why am I even talking playoffs with you? Go get your grand dad at least he remembers the Cowboy good ole days.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, you make a true statement. But, once again, a more fairer statement would be that the Patriots were never 10-7 in the playoffs under the Bill Belichick regime.
Which would include TB. The one year TB was out with injury BB didn't go to the playoffs.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More hate. You're really good at this. Brady Was 9 or 10-0 before he got his first playoff loss. Yeah I can see where you would think this is stupid. Why am I even talking playoffs with you? Go get your grand dad at least he remembers the Cowboy good ole days.
Keep talking and maybe you'll convince yourself.

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which would include TB. The one year TB was out with injury BB didn't go to the playoffs.
OK?

To continue this game, one could say Brady has thrown two or more INTs in nine playoff games (about once every three games), while Rodgers has only done it twice (about once every nine games).

One could say Brady failed to lead his team two 20 or more points in a playoff game three times, while Rodgers has led his team to 20 or more points every time.

One could say Brady has a 1:1 TD to INT ratio in playoff losses, while Rodgers has a 2:1 ratio. That means Rodgers throws twice as many TDs as INT compared to Brady who throws an equal amount.