• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Insiders Believe Josh Allen Goes #1 Overall To Browns

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol Josh Allen needs to sit for a while and whoever takes him needs to pray they can fix his football IQ (his pocket presence/vision is God awful). It's a sexy dreamers pick IMO (oooh ahhh the arm strength and athleticism!) but that can translate terribly for a QB as we more often see than not. The Browns just traded away Tim Tebow 2 without arm strength in Hogan so it'd be pretty hilarious if they replaced him with another messy QB that requires a lot of work on the mental part of the game.

The Browns are likely starting whoever they take #1 overall (or #2/#3) immediately so this would IMO spell disaster, lol. It'd be very Browns-esque. Take Josh Allen #1 overall (lol) and plan on starting him, and then trade #4 down and take like Fitzpatrick (lol) with a mid 1st. That would be Browns draft worthy and I'd be willing to bet that Allen would be taped on to that long list of last name QB fails on the Browns jersey.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol Josh Allen needs to sit for a while and whoever takes him needs to pray they can fix his football IQ (his pocket presence/vision is God awful). It's a sexy dreamers pick IMO (oooh ahhh the arm strength and athleticism!) but that can translate terribly for a QB as we more often see than not. The Browns just traded away Tim Tebow 2 without arm strength in Hogan so it'd be pretty hilarious if they replaced him with another messy QB that requires a lot of work on the mental part of the game.

The Browns are likely starting whoever they take #1 overall (or #2/#3) immediately so this would IMO spell disaster, lol. It'd be very Browns-esque. Take Josh Allen #1 overall (lol) and plan on starting him, and then trade #4 down and take like Fitzpatrick (lol) with a mid 1st. That would be Browns draft worthy and I'd be willing to bet that Allen would be taped on to that long list of last name QB fails on the Browns jersey.
Nope.

Also your scouting report is hardly accurate.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope.

Also your scouting report is hardly accurate.

Guess I did forget the Browns got Tyrod Taylor, so they can start him...

As for 'my scouting report', that's hardly mine.. I'm not an NFL scout, so what I'm saying is from what I've read and watched of Josh Allen (couple games here/there, and some highlights). He throws wildly inaccurate, makes questionable decisions looking for big play opportunities instead of scanning all options and making smart plays, which is pocket presence...

I mean this is an older article that I found just for one reference, but nothing changed dramatically in his 2017-18 collegiate season...
Josh Allen poses NFL dilemma; Round 1 look for Mason Rudolph

And another more recently talking about flawed mechanics:
2018 NFL Draft: Lorenzo Carter Scouting Report

Maybe add a little something more than 'nope' and a facepalm to a reply so we can actually have a discussion? Just a thought....

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My inside sources tell me that everyone else's sources are full of shit if they think they know what is going to happen...

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess I did forget the Browns got Tyrod Taylor, so they can start him...

As for 'my scouting report', that's hardly mine.. I'm not an NFL scout, so what I'm saying is from what I've read and watched of Josh Allen (couple games here/there, and some highlights). He throws wildly inaccurate, makes questionable decisions looking for big play opportunities instead of scanning all options and making smart plays, which is pocket presence...

I mean this is an older article that I found just for one reference, but nothing changed dramatically in his 2017-18 collegiate season...
Josh Allen poses NFL dilemma; Round 1 look for Mason Rudolph

And another more recently talking about flawed mechanics:
2018 NFL Draft: Lorenzo Carter Scouting Report

Maybe add a little something more than 'nope' and a facepalm to a reply so we can actually have a discussion? Just a thought....
Well when you throw out a nugget like "The Browns will immediately start their rookie QB" when they traded for Tyrod and signed Drew Stanton for 2 yr/$6.5 mil, it's more than obvious that they have no intentions of starting a rookie, hence the facepalm.

Regarding your other comments, he's not "wildly inaccurate". Oddly enough, his college completion percentage was similar to Tyrod Taylor's. His offensive system also didn't do him any favors, as he put to much pressure on himself to make plays.

There's plenty to like about the kid, otherwise he wouldn't be considered a top 5 lock. Giving him a year in an actual pro system, sitting behind two veterans and getting to play with the talented weapons Cleveland has on offense will help his confidence I'm sure. Really, it's just maturing and becoming more disciplined on reads and continuing to improve his footwork. He's smart and has every physical tool you could ask for. You could make knocks on all the other first round QBs, as well, regarding why you'd take them #1.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so apparently Josh Allen is destined to be an epic failure in the NFL ...

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be something the Browns would do. If I'm them I go Darnold or Barkley at 1.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they do, that way when doesn't turn into the next Paxton Lynch, I can come back and make fun of you douche nozzles for saying the other two ass hats are better then Allen...

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything I read on the kid said he must sit a year, you don't do that with your overall #1. If you are going to take a QB you feel needs a year, take Chubb at one then best player of need avail at four, take your wait a year QB in RD 2. There will be guys there to choose from.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for Allen People: What does Allen do that's better than Kizer besides throw it farther?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for Allen People: What does Allen do that's better than Kizer besides throw it farther?
Not much, which is why Kizer never should've been thrown in last year. If Kizer had waited another year he'd be firmly in the running for #1 right now.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you're a QB and go to #1 on the Browns board, you fall on everyone else's, just based on history.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll wait until draft day

"insiders"

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ultimate Browns pick.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well when you throw out a nugget like "The Browns will immediately start their rookie QB" when they traded for Tyrod and signed Drew Stanton for 2 yr/$6.5 mil, it's more than obvious that they have no intentions of starting a rookie, hence the facepalm.

Regarding your other comments, he's not "wildly inaccurate". Oddly enough, his college completion percentage
was similar to Tyrod Taylor's. His offensive system also didn't do him any favors, as he put to much pressure on himself to make plays.

There's plenty to like about the kid, otherwise he wouldn't be considered a top 5 lock. Giving him a year in an actual pro system, sitting behind two veterans and getting to play with the talented weapons Cleveland has on offense will help his confidence I'm sure. Really, it's just maturing and becoming more disciplined on reads and continuing to improve his footwork. He's smart and has every physical tool you could ask for. You could make knocks on all the other first round QBs, as well, regarding why you'd take them #1.

Drew Stanton still stealing money.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be something the Browns would do. If I'm them I go Darnold or Barkley at 1.

You can stop with the "or Barkley at 1" BS. The day the Jets traded up to 3 is when the "or Barkley at 1" line of thinking ended. Or it should have, yet here you are still pushing that fantasy.