• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Insiders Believe Josh Allen Goes #1 Overall To Browns

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope its Allen... Because that would be a very Browns thing to do.

"Let's take another raw QB prospect and throw him into the fire, setting him up for failure, and expect him to be a miracle worker... mmkay?"
Whoever they draft won't start unless Tyrod gets hurt.

Allen makes the most sense imo.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So to summarize.

Browns brain trust:

* Didn't think Carson Wentz would ever be a top 20 QB a few drafts ago

* Now reportedly thinks Josh Allen is the first overall selection

* Owns the #4 pick, but instead of taking Allen there, would take him first over such locks as Quinton Nelson, Saquon Barkley and Bradley Chubb

Am I missing anything?
Thankfully the old brain trust has been gutted and we have a real GM now. I don't know that they didn't think he would ever be a top 20 QB, per se, but they were obsessed with the idea of stockpiling as many draft picks as humanly possible, which may turn out OK depending how this draft goes.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, I don't believe they will take Allen. I think they will take Darnold, and still get Barkley at 4, because other people will take DEs or QBs.

But...hey it's the Browns, so the report can't be denied entirely.

And yes, I sometimes think someone other than a QB should go #1.

Not a Guard or RB

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't lie, I'd rather see them go Chubb/Barkley, draft Mason Rudolph in the 2nd, and give Tyrod a 2 year extension. Having Chubb and Myles Garrett at DE would be just horrifying, Barkley with Duke, Tyrod, and Hyde would make for a formidable offensive backfield, and Rudolph would have 2+ years to sit and learn, which for him, could be enough to turn him into a decent enough QB to win with.

Or they ignore the QB spot in this draft in the first two rounds and take a flier on a guy like Kyle Lauletta or Luke Falk later on. Tyrod is only just going to be turning 29, and he's got no real injury history to speak of and has a lot of tread on the tires left in terms of reps as a starter.

Don't you put that curse on Falk

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you put that curse on Falk
I think it's fair to at least say it's not the old Cleveland Browns. On paper, they're far from the dumpster fire they were last year. It's an ideal spot for a young QB to sit for a year and learn.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's fair to at least say it's not the old Cleveland Browns. On paper, they're far from the dumpster fire they were last year. It's an ideal spot for a young QB to sit for a year and learn.

I just want him to end up on a club that he has a chance to learn from a good QB. I don't think Taylor is that guy, if Luke doesn't have that guy I think it's a wasted pick for whoever takes him.