• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm starting to worry

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Riley is not going anywhere for 2 years. Maybe an assistant or 2 but Nebraska almost has to give him 2 years. The AD and president that made the hire would be admitting they screwed up royally by letting him go after 1 year.

I scratched my head over this hire and took a lot of brief by questioning it. But from an outsiders perspective I thought Nebraska could have done better. Riley never did much against top teams in the PAC 10 so why did anyone believe he would be better stepping up in competition?

Nebraska, in my opinion, got caught up in the offseason coach swap sweepstakes. Whisky, UofM, and the Cornhuskers all had to find new coaches at the same time as Pitt and Florida to mention just a few. Maybe it was just a safe move or maybe a rushed move but one that I think Nebraska could have done better.

It didn't help their was a talent dip this season but I still would expect Nebraska to have beaten BYU and Northwestern.

Good luck, just can't see any move before he is given 2 seasons and possibly a third. Riley is a very salt of the earth guy and nobody will be in a hurry to fire him.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Riley is not going anywhere for 2 years. Maybe an assistant or 2 but Nebraska almost has to give him 2 years. The AD and president that made the hire would be admitting they screwed up royally by letting him go after 1 year.

I scratched my head over this hire and took a lot of brief by questioning it. But from an outsiders perspective I thought Nebraska could have done better. Riley never did much against top teams in the PAC 10 so why did anyone believe he would be better stepping up in competition?

Nebraska, in my opinion, got caught up in the offseason coach swap sweepstakes. Whisky, UofM, and the Cornhuskers all had to find new coaches at the same time as Pitt and Florida to mention just a few. Maybe it was just a safe move or maybe a rushed move but one that I think Nebraska could have done better.

It didn't help their was a talent dip this season but I still would expect Nebraska to have beaten BYU and Northwestern.

Good luck, just can't see any move before he is given 2 seasons and possibly a third. Riley is a very salt of the earth guy and nobody will be in a hurry to fire him.

Who the heck gave you grief?

Who are the Negative Nancy's on Riley? | SportsHoopla Sports Forums
Mike Riley | SportsHoopla Sports Forums

Riley is here until after 2017 at least. Nebraska has to pay Pelini through 2019, no way is Nebraska going to pay Pelini and Riley and a new coach.

Eichorst on the other hand, SOL.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Riley is here until after 2017 at least. Nebraska has to pay Pelini through 2019, no way is Nebraska going to pay Pelini and Riley and a new coach.

Plenty of Riley fans from out west and a few Huskers that believe the program can do no wrong. It's not an indictment Wolverine fans did the same thing when Chris Fairley err Brady Hoke was hired. Sometimes fans have a better idea than the AD. It comes down to fit.

Riley will turn it around next year but better than 8-4? I get the paying a guy or two and that works against you but I honestly think Nebraska will cut ties early if they have to. But not before 1-2 more years.

Again as a Michigan fan and watching the last 4-6 years of being an after thought I get the angst. And don't wish the mediocre play on anyone....outside of a Buckeye.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plenty of Riley fans from out west and a few Huskers that believe the program can do no wrong. It's not an indictment Wolverine fans did the same thing when Chris Fairley err Brady Hoke was hired. Sometimes fans have a better idea than the AD. It comes down to fit.

Riley will turn it around next year but better than 8-4? I get the paying a guy or two and that works against you but I honestly think Nebraska will cut ties early if they have to. But not before 1-2 more years.

Again as a Michigan fan and watching the last 4-6 years of being an after thought I get the angst. And don't wish the mediocre play on anyone....outside of a Buckeye.

The Riley fans out west were all complete tools. Some showed themselves here and talked how wonderful it was going to be. They also became very defensive when we called them out on it. Rather funny to see MrWallace2U(whatever that name was) now being happy that Riley is gone.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep an eye on UofM's defensive coordinator. He was Florida's intern HC and has done a great job with our defense. He will get a gig sooner than later, much to my hurt feelings, but the guy has Harbaugh like attitude the kids like to play for.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That 2nd link "Mike Riley" was a good read. Particularly on who Riley would bring in as coordinators/assistants, what offense he would run, etc.

36 pages and I made it thru 16. I'll go back and finish later.

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

Copy and paste that into this link and hit the 'speaker' button.

Google Translate
LMAO !!!

I didn't even know that I was up at this time
I woke up in a fettle position in the woods
naked
and shivering
and hungary for a breakfast burrito
thar was tracks of a mountain lion near by ta boot

popeyecv64

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO !!!

naked
and shivering
oh and by the way --that translation sounded a bit german ---LOL ~!!

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO !!!

naked
and shivering

That poor mountain lion. No way of telling if it were male or female. I'd think there is a difference en all. I don't care what anybody says.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh and by the way --that translation sounded a bit german ---LOL ~!!

No. I speak fluent German, sir. That was no German.

It had to be Popinavian. The only legible word was Minnesota.

popeyecv64

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That poor mountain lion. No way of telling if it were male or female. I'd think there is a difference en all. I don't care what anybody says.
i do know this --them were mountain lion tracks
could not see the nails and the paws were heavey

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i do know this --them were mountain lion tracks
could not see the nails and the paws were heavey

Well if there were no toenails, then it definitely wasn't my ex sister-in-law.