• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm starting to worry

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, I know there are some folks here who still like to pour koolaid even with a turd in the bottom of the cup. And I know these folks will take this as if I'm throwing in the towel. I assure you I am always going to hope for he best and believe anything can happen.

With that said, today pushed me over the edge. Coming off of a good win, you're trying to build momentum so we can make a run for a bowl game.......and then to come out in the first half and wing the ball around like that against the 7th ranked Pass D in the country. To play into their strengths with what honestly isn't a strength of our own. At the half Riley said we couldn't run the ball so we'd have to come out and pass in the 2nd half. I checked the stats at the half.......Newby was averaging 4.6 yards a carry at that time. I didn't understand what in the hell he was talkin about there.

Their Defense was on the field for almost the entire game, but we never wore them down because we didn't attempt to get a ground game really going. Especially in the 2nd half, I felt like we ran the ball at the most predictable of times. Their DL just didn't really have to work and that's ridiculous beings as we doubled the amount of plays they ran Offensively. By the 4th quarter we should have been punishing them owning that much of the clock.

Instead, in the 4th quarter we were right back where we've been all season. The "first year" excuse can only live on so long. This should have been the week coming off of a nice win that we didn't shit the bed. We sure shit the bed again. 5 times this year we've lost to an opponent who is worse than we are. It is almost all coaching. Yea the secondary struggles.....meh, that's not where my focus is. My focus is pounding a square peg into a round hole with Tommy. I fear that this staff is going to stick around these next few years trying the same shit just waiting until hopefully they get the right players to fit.

By that time, we'll probably fire Riley and look for a new coach, who will then come in and not have the right players for his system. And it goes round and round.

I'm starting to seriously worry.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Merry Christmas

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
t2qz7.jpg

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
FIRE EVERYONE

8 GAMES IS ENOUGH

Will 12 games be enough with a 5-7 to possibly a 3-9 season?

This garbage staff should not have been hired in the first place.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it sounds like you watched your first game of the year, at least with your eyes wide open!

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumb asshat John Bishop was in full preacher mode telling the audience we need to have patience with Riley. The only thing that sounded remotely genuine was that this shit (my word) is Eichorst's vision of what the Huskers should become.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FIRE EVERYONE

8 GAMES IS ENOUGH

I didn't say to fire anyone.

I just said I'm worried. Coming off of a nice win at Minnesota, we shouldn't have went right back to this the very next week at home. But we sure as shit did.

8 games should have been enough time to figure out Tommy Armstrong is not going to be a pocket passer.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dumb asshat John Bishop was in full preacher mode telling the audience we need to have patience with Riley. The only thing that sounded remotely genuine was that this shit (my word) is Eichorst's vision of what the Huskers should become.

Eichorst's vision for Nebraska may have been another Callahan style losing team.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, we do need to have patience. There is no other choice. You have to be patient, and let it play out. Us yelling about the situation doesn't make Riley leave any sooner.

We have to let him do his thing and see if it works. All I know is, I see red flags. I see a lot of them.

I'm not sounding the siren. I'm just starting to worry.

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, I know there are some folks here who still like to pour koolaid even with a turd in the bottom of the cup. And I know these folks will take this as if I'm throwing in the towel. I assure you I am always going to hope for he best and believe anything can happen.

With that said, today pushed me over the edge. Coming off of a good win, you're trying to build momentum so we can make a run for a bowl game.......and then to come out in the first half and wing the ball around like that against the 7th ranked Pass D in the country. To play into their strengths with what honestly isn't a strength of our own. At the half Riley said we couldn't run the ball so we'd have to come out and pass in the 2nd half. I checked the stats at the half.......Newby was averaging 4.6 yards a carry at that time. I didn't understand what in the hell he was talkin about there.

Their Defense was on the field for almost the entire game, but we never wore them down because we didn't attempt to get a ground game really going. Especially in the 2nd half, I felt like we ran the ball at the most predictable of times. Their DL just didn't really have to work and that's ridiculous beings as we doubled the amount of plays they ran Offensively. By the 4th quarter we should have been punishing them owning that much of the clock.

Instead, in the 4th quarter we were right back where we've been all season. The "first year" excuse can only live on so long. This should have been the week coming off of a nice win that we didn't shit the bed. We sure shit the bed again. 5 times this year we've lost to an opponent who is worse than we are. It is almost all coaching. Yea the secondary struggles.....meh, that's not where my focus is. My focus is pounding a square peg into a round hole with Tommy. I fear that this staff is going to stick around these next few years trying the same shit just waiting until hopefully they get the right players to fit.

By that time, we'll probably fire Riley and look for a new coach, who will then come in and not have the right players for his system. And it goes round and round.

I'm starting to seriously worry.
I have to take a course in literature ta read this plorst you made --good sir

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd and 2 in NW territory, we throw on 2nd down.........throw on 3rd down. Both incomplete.

Then we come right back, 2nd and 3 in NW territory, we throw on 2nd down..........throw a pick 6 on 3rd down.

Those are red flags. Bright red flags.

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, we do need to have patience. There is no other choice. You have to be patient, and let it play out. Us yelling about the situation doesn't make Riley leave any sooner.

We have to let him do his thing and see if it works. All I know is, I see red flags. I see a lot of them.

I'm not sounding the siren. I'm just starting to worry.

worry is the time you spend in a public restroom without tp at hand
and you have ta use the hand

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
worry is the time you spend in a public restroom without tp at hand
and you have ta use the hand
That's is what your underwear is for - but Riley would still use his hand if for no other reason ~ to throw it.