• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm starting to worry

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Huskers' kickoff-return situation has become a bane to the teams existence, and the coverage teams were lackluster against Northwestern. With an assistant coach dedicated to special teams, you expect more.

$450 G's baby.

"Read has spent 14 seasons on Mike Riley coaching staffs,"

He's been a longtime loyal. He deserves to be rewarded, eh Mike?

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Die großen 12 ist nichts anderes als ein Haufen Scheiße von Dan Bebee und Mack Brown
sie ruiniert eine große thaaang

Roughly "the BIg 12 was ruined by Dan Beebe and Mack Brown and that ruined a good thing."

It wasn't Mack Brown it was Deloss Dodds and his Oklahoma butt buddy, Donnie Duncan. All the power went to the Big 12 South.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am getting a kick out of pops speaking German right now

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Got two choices

Get a top coach and let him hire whoever money and all

Or keep with the cycle of coaches that may or made not work.

If your gonna bring a pas happy offense to neb you had better make sure the run game reliable when needed.

Its one thing to know about Nebraska

It's another to truly understand what your getting yourself into coaching wise

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Riley is not going anywhere for 2 years. Maybe an assistant or 2 but Nebraska almost has to give him 2 years. The AD and president that made the hire would be admitting they screwed up royally by letting him go after 1 year.

I scratched my head over this hire and took a lot of brief by questioning it. But from an outsiders perspective I thought Nebraska could have done better. Riley never did much against top teams in the PAC 10 so why did anyone believe he would be better stepping up in competition?

Nebraska, in my opinion, got caught up in the offseason coach swap sweepstakes. Whisky, UofM, and the Cornhuskers all had to find new coaches at the same time as Pitt and Florida to mention just a few. Maybe it was just a safe move or maybe a rushed move but one that I think Nebraska could have done better.

It didn't help their was a talent dip this season but I still would expect Nebraska to have beaten BYU and Northwestern.

Good luck, just can't see any move before he is given 2 seasons and possibly a third. Riley is a very salt of the earth guy and nobody will be in a hurry to fire him.
-------
If he doesn't get the third season, who'll honestly want to come here? So, I think the best bet is to not expect that much from a first year especially considering the injuries. Penalties? That's a Bo carryover and won't be completely gone until most of "his" players have graduated.

Losses? I think we can be thankful that they have been close. Unlike the last couple of head coaches we've had. Is Riley the right guy? Hard to say when you're already looking at five losses, but I think it's far too early to throw in the towel.

Strong at Texas didn't get a "big" win until this year against Oklahoma (in his second year) and he had more talent on the team when he walked in the door than what Riley had.

GBR

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe if the Lions do well, we can go get Jim Bob Cooter

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Greg" on drop the mic is thee biggest ass hat in the world

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But all the rivalry trophies we got en sech tho

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Riley is fired in 3 years like many people think, the total points that he lost by for all the games combined won't even reach the amount that Bop lost to Wisconsin in just one single game.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New coaches this year

Pittsburgh Pat Narduzzi 6-1, 4-0 in the conference Pittsburgh was 6-7 in 2014, 7-6 in 2013
Florida Jim McElwain 6-1, 4-1 in the conference Florida was 7-5 in 2014, 4-8 in 2013
Wisconsin Paul Chryst 6-2, 3-1 in conference Wisconsin was 11-3 in 2014, 9-4 in 2013
Michigan Jim Harbaugh 5-2, 2-1 in the conference Michigan was 5-7 in 2014, 7-6 in 2013
Nebraska Mike Riley 3-5, 1-3 in the conference Nebraska was 9-4 in 2014, 9-4 in 2013
Oregon State Gary Andersen 2-5, 0-4 in the conference Oregon State was 5-7 in 2014, 7-6 in 2013

Some of you say that Pellllini left Rillllley with this bad team, what exactly did Rillllley leave Gary Andersen?

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but Pitt couldn't beat the spread, fucks.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
someone said it best, i don't remember if it was here or an article i read. but Riley is in a tough situation, so many kids that liked Bo, a fan base that was split on firing him. it's a tough thing to replace and get buy in. Its basically unprecedented what is happening in Lincoln right now. I will give him some time to try and pull these guys out of the hole they fell in. I'm expecting some attrition in the offseason and hopefully Riley can find a few JUCOs that want and can step right in and play.

in the case of Mich/FL the coach was fired because they weren't doing a good job. so the fan base and the players were more open to the change. in Mich case their retained their DC and were fairly high ranked on D last year so it's not really surprise at what they are doing. In FL the talent was there.

For Wisc/Pitt the coaches left for their own reasons, in Wiscy's case there were still players on that team that were probably recruited by Chryst (5th and 4th year players since he left in 2012). so the transition was easier and they retained their DC. For Pitt it's probably both of the above, Chryst didn't exactly get them back to good, so they were good with the culture change and Chryst left on his own so the players were again fine with the new coach.

OR St. - that's a tough one, it's been talked about all over that Riley struggled to get good players there. They lost the best QB they have pretty much ever had to the NFL draft and they had to go through a coaching change. not to mention a tough Pac12 schedule along with 1 tough OOC, they are probably where you'd expect. If Riley had stayed maybe with the coaching continuity they would have beaten Colorado and someone else.