• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who are the Negative Nancy's on Riley?

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HuskerinBig10.

I know I am, but I won't speak for anyone else. I can think of two others, but they have to post because I won't call them on it.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sitting on the fence with my legs on the "Negative Nancy" side.

My standard for a coach who's done something with nothing is Bill Snyder at Kansas St.

Riley has shown spurts of that, but not maintained it.

Oregon State Beavers Index | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

I will need to be won over before I'll take a sip of the Kool-Aid. That could be as soon as next season or the next. I remain apathetic on Nebraska football I guess.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sitting on the fence with my legs on the "Negative Nancy" side.

My standard for a coach who's done something with nothing is Bill Snyder at Kansas St.

Riley has shown spurts of that, but not maintained it.

Oregon State Beavers Index | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

I will need to be won over before I'll take a sip of the Kool-Aid. That could be as soon as next season or the next. I remain apathetic on Nebraska football I guess.

Thanks for sticking your neck out.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not feeling very optimistic mainly because of Riley's record the last 5 years. Three losing seasons out of the last five sure isn't very impressive, considering he had quite a few years before that to keep his program at a decent level.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if he's "The Guy", but it is too early to tell. Lets play wait and see - Riley was driving a old pick up truck and just got handed the keys to a Cadillac.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not sure if he's "The Guy", but it is too early to tell. Lets play wait and see - Riley was driving a old pick up truck and just got handed the keys to a Cadillac.

Boy I'll say he did! Uh oh, another garbage post from me!

Nate

Mid-Major Defender
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Callahan >>>> Mike Riley

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ouch, and I thought I was a Negative Nancy.

Nate, you are going to make me look good.

Let's just hope that Mike RiLLLLey does not know Kevin Cosgrove.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

54880418.jpg

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will try to put all of my negative posts in this thread.

Some streaks I don't want to see broken

2008 Last 3 game losing streak 2008
1958 last 4 game losing streak 2007 prior to that it is 1958
1958 last 5 game losing streak 2007 prior to that it is 1958
1957 last 6 game losing streak 1957
1957 last 7 game losing streak 1957
1957 last time to open a season 0-2, 1957
l1945 ast time to open a season 0-3, 1945
1945 last time to open a season 0-4, 1945
1945 last time to open a season 0-5, 1945

1985 Last opening game lost 1985 to Florida State
2007 Last losing season 2007
2008 Worst five game start 3-2 2008 Bo Pelini's first year

Last 11 years blowout losses, Callahan and Pelini
A blowout loss is a loss of 21 or more
2004 3 first year coach
2005 1
2006 NONE
2007 4 end of Callahan
2008 2 first year coach
2009 1
2010 NONE
2011 2 last year of Carl Pelini
2012 2
2013 NONE
2014 One

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll have to disagree with your definition of blowout. When you are up 21-3 and lose 24-28 it might be a blown out.

In 2013 UCLA and Iowa were both blow outs. Minnesota and to somewhat Northwestern dominated us.

I don't have the heart to go back further.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HuskerinSECland, I placed you on ignore. I have no idea what you are typing.

I realize my posts you do not agree with and I decided that instead of getting in a heated pissing match, I won't read what you type.

I suggest you do the same, place me on ignore.

I am going to place my negative posts in here for my own record keeping. I won't be placing them in any other thread. I am trying to do it sort of nicely, at least in my mind, maybe not in yours.

Since you see my name as the creator of the thread, you can completely ignore it and you do not even have to click on it.

In 2015, when I am proved wrong, you can then come in here and gloat and mock me. I will read those because I will remove my ignore list and take my beating.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, I am on ignore yet you respond to my post.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
HuskerinSECland, I placed you on ignore. I have no idea what you are typing.

I realize my posts you do not agree with and I decided that instead of getting in a heated pissing match, I won't read what you type.

I suggest you do the same, place me on ignore.

I am going to place my negative posts in here for my own record keeping. I won't be placing them in any other thread. I am trying to do it sort of nicely, at least in my mind, maybe not in yours.

Since you see my name as the creator of the thread, you can completely ignore it and you do not even have to click on it.

In 2015, when I am proved wrong, you can then come in here and gloat and mock me. I will read those because I will remove my ignore list and take my beating.

SEC does like to mock, that's for sure. Why are some people like that? Does it make them feel Big?

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a link that says some sort of meeting happened with Riley and OSU admins on Monday, December 1.

The meeting did not go well for Mike Riley.

'Shocked' Beaver Nation tries to make sense of Riley's decision

On Monday, before he left to recruit in California, Riley had a meeting with De Carolis. One source said it was just the two of them. A second source said President Ed Ray was also on hand.

"Something happened in that meeting," the first OSU staffer says. "That's when it changed."

A third source -- who had not talked directly to Riley, but had spoken with someone who had -- says while De Carolis had no intention of firing Riley, the athletic director pulled back on his support in some way. It may have been that De Carolis wanted more control and influence on what Riley felt should be his decisions. It may have been De Carolis wanted Riley to give back some of the seven years left on his contract. It may have been De Carolis didn't want to extend the contracts of assistant coaches beyond next year.

So Riley left for California with mixed emotions about his future at Oregon State.

"Maybe Mike realized," the third source says, "that he can't run a program without the administration's support, no matter how long his contract is."

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Here is a link that says some sort of meeting happened with Riley and OSU admins on Monday, December 1.

The meeting did not go well for Mike Riley.

'Shocked' Beaver Nation tries to make sense of Riley's decision

On Monday, before he left to recruit in California, Riley had a meeting with De Carolis. One source said it was just the two of them. A second source said President Ed Ray was also on hand.

"Something happened in that meeting," the first OSU staffer says. "That's when it changed."

A third source -- who had not talked directly to Riley, but had spoken with someone who had -- says while De Carolis had no intention of firing Riley, the athletic director pulled back on his support in some way. It may have been that De Carolis wanted more control and influence on what Riley felt should be his decisions. It may have been De Carolis wanted Riley to give back some of the seven years left on his contract. It may have been De Carolis didn't want to extend the contracts of assistant coaches beyond next year.

So Riley left for California with mixed emotions about his future at Oregon State.

"Maybe Mike realized," the third source says, "that he can't run a program without the administration's support, no matter how long his contract is."

I took an educated guess about Riley possibly being on the hot seat a few days ago because of his ?stellar? record especially his last five years there, and one jerk here scrutinized me. Thanks Eichorst, for hiring a leftover!

Last edited by a moderator:

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took an educated guess about Riley possibly being on the hot seat a few days ago because of his ?stellar? record especially his last five years there, and one jerk here scrutinized me. Thanks Eichorst, for hiring a leftover!

Did you miss the part in there where it said that he had no intention of firing Riley?

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Did you miss the part in there where it said that he had no intention of firing Riley?

No I didn't miss that part, but apparently they had a discussion with Riley, so that tells me he was on the hot seat, and I bet they were concerned about his MULTIPLE losing seasons recently. After a coach has had 3 losing seasons within his last 5 seasons after he has shown them some success will almost always at least be talked to. You can understand that, can't you?