• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

if you were paid, say, $500k/yr to play basketball would you be able to play........

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The government pays the soldiers with our money. Again a soldiers life is worth less than a guy dribbling a ball. Its called priorities. If we demanded soldiers were paid more and stopped freely spending our money on NBA games and merchandise we would not see this situation. Dont blame anyone but the public for misplaced priorities.

^^^THIS^^^

I think we can all agree that soldiers, police officers, fire fighters, schoolteachers, etc. have jobs that are far more important and vital to the safety, security and education of our country.

The problem is that people aren't filling 20,000+ seats and paying large sums of money to watch them perform their jobs.

No one is running around wearing shirts with the badge number of their favorite police officer or bearing the likeness of their favorite schoolteacher.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not disagreeing with you guys. I just think it's a sad state of affairs that NBA players get paid millions each year to dribble a ball yet still have the nerve to bitch about the dress code, while the average US private only earns a basic pay of $20k a year and does whatever they're told to do without fail!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not disagreeing with you guys. I just think it's a sad state of affairs that NBA players get paid millions each year to dribble a ball yet still have the nerve to bitch about the dress code, while the average US private only earns a basic pay of $20k a year and does whatever they're told to do without fail!

I agree. But unless the general public is willing to change our priorities, it's not going to be different any time soon. So we would all need to stop attending sporting events, watching them on t.v. or buying products with our favorite teams/players on them before there would be any change.

You go first!!:lol: