• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

if you were paid, say, $500k/yr to play basketball would you be able to play........

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently $19 MILLION isnt enough either. :slightlyembarrassed:

Last edited by a moderator:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody likes the sleeves.....It's not the reason we lost (we played terrible in the 4th but the sleeves are a dumb idea and I can see why the guys wouldn't like it. These guys been playing in jerseys since high school (if not before) so it is a change to play a game in a short sleeve shirt and it's not like they're wearing these jerseys often enough to get used to it.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ah so caneman thinks these players are just puppets to be dressed up in pretty clothes and paraded in front of the masses, not like they are playing a game they have trained to play their entire lives.

Caneman at your job does your boss require you to dress up in pretty dresses? I mean he is paying you for that right? would that affect your job performance having to walk in heels?

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ah so caneman thinks these players are just puppets to be dressed up in pretty clothes and paraded in front of the masses, not like they are playing a game they have trained to play their entire lives.

Caneman at your job does your boss require you to dress up in pretty dresses? I mean he is paying you for that right? would that affect your job performance having to walk in heels?

Since I am my own boss I wear pretty dresses and high heels voluntarily.

I take it lebrons quote blaming sleeves for his shit performance has gone unnoticed. Love me some james, but some of the quotes coming from my heat this season are.......baffling at a minimum.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if construction workers blame safety gear for a poor day. Are they required to wear that shit on certain days? I wonder what they make :noidea:

McDonalds employees?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Horrible analogy! :L

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the problem. 99% of players probably played street ball when the were growing up and I doubt a lot of them were wearing sleeveless jerseys back then.

Plus it makes the NBA, the teams and the players millions in revenue so why not?

I wish they had them when I was younger. I'd much rather root for my team at a game with a short sleeved jersey rather than a traditional jersey over a t shirt.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody likes the sleeves.....It's not the reason we lost (we played terrible in the 4th but the sleeves are a dumb idea and I can see why the guys wouldn't like it. These guys been playing in jerseys since high school (if not before) so it is a change to play a game in a short sleeve shirt and it's not like they're wearing these jerseys often enough to get used to it.

I think the sleeves are horribly ghey too, but come on lebron.... have a shit game. Thats fine by me errbody does at some point. But, blaming fuckin short sleeves for it......

A better qoute for lebron: "I had a bad day. Shit happens."

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The timing of the quote is what is going to bug some people. If he would've said he didn't like the sleeves before the game people wouldn't care. People are just equating to him criticizing the sleeves after getting blown out as making an excuse.

People don't hear the other things he said, like when he said it wasn't an excuse for the loss because the Spurs killed them, or the self-deprecating joke about his own jump shot.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The timing of the quote is what is going to bug some people. If he would've said he didn't like the sleeves before the game people wouldn't care. People are just equating to him criticizing the sleeves after getting blown out as making an excuse.

People don't hear the other things he said, like when he said it wasn't an excuse for the loss because the Spurs killed them, or the self-deprecating joke about his own jump shot.

"I'm not making excuses, but I'm not a big fan of the jerseys," said James, who had 19 points. "Every time I shoot it feels like it's just pulling right up underneath my arm. I already don't have much room for error on my jump shot. It's definitely not a good thing."

Sounds like an excuse to me.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These guys practice all the time in sleeves, usually loose ones though. I can understand how on large physiques it could be uncomfortable.

The NBA wants these things to stick around. When they approve advertising on jerseys, the sleeves give them more ad space to work with.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since I am my own boss I wear pretty dresses and high heels voluntarily.

I take it lebrons quote blaming sleeves for his shit performance has gone unnoticed. Love me some james, but some of the quotes coming from my heat this season are.......baffling at a minimum.

Do you find your work suffers when are wear pants then? The confinement suffocating your legs and other bits compared to your dresses? Is your job physically demanding? Does it require physical precision? When constantly switching wardrobes do you think that helps or hinders your ability to complete your tasks?

No where in the topic was that mentioned so I did not address it. Do I think it is bitchy he blamed the jerseys for his performance? Yes, is this the first time he has said how much he hates the jerseys? Not even close, citing shooting effectiveness every other time as well.

He has said how much he doesn't like them several times and well before this stinker of a game.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has said how much he doesn't like them several times and well before this stinker of a game.

I wondered if he had. Of course those quotes don't get the same attention, because this time the media gets to make it look like an excuse.

Knowing that he had been vocal about it already, I wouldn't be surprised if a reporter brought up the jerseys in the first place.

Goes to show, people that hear 1 or 2 sentences from the middle of an athletes interview and try to make a grand conclusion about that athletes personality are idiots. They are plentiful, but they are idiots.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would also like to say I am completely ok with the NBA having 8 million jersey color schemes and retro throw backs, those are just colors and designs but when it comes to the actual function of the jerseys they need to be structurally and functionally uniform from game to game.

As for the tshirts in practice and warm ups argument, those are warm ups and practice, we talkin bout practice, practice man. Completely different going through drills and shoot arounds and battling for every inch to get a decent jumper or drive.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the tshirts in practice and warm ups argument, those are warm ups and practice, we talkin bout practice, practice man. Completely different going through drills and shoot arounds and battling for every inch to get a decent jumper or drive.

Not really. A lot of these guys wore t-shirts in college. I think it's more the structure of the sleeve on certain body types. Lebron has large shoulders. I don't think the sleeves bother a player like Steph Curry.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For 500K a year, I would wear a ballet tutu if they ordered me to while playing.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To clear all of this up with a quick timeline:

~Dec 20th

LBJ says "his shooters are already upset about" the christmas jerseys and also "I can’t have my shooters out there worrying about some sleeves and not shooting the ball.”

CB doesn't like them either. "We didn't want to get to Christmas Day and just be wearing them for the first time," Bosh said. "You could have problems and malfunctions. We're players of rhythm and we have to get used to the same thing or at least try them out. It's like breaking in sneakers."

~Sometime between they practiced with the jerseys

"Guys really wanted to get a true practice with those jerseys," Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said. "I don't know if that was needed. That's what their workout shirts look like anyway. At least mentally, now they don't have an excuse."

~Dec 23rd It also could be possible the league said something to LBJ in the direction of not being public about the atrocity that is the sleeved jerseys.

He says they are fine and comfortable.

He does shoot 0-4 from 3p which at the time was an anomaly and also shot like shit from anything not under the rim stating:

“It was definitely a different feel,” James said. “Every time I shot it from the free throw line or shot a jumper I felt a little tug, so maybe I’ll go up to another bigger size next time we wear them, or … I’m not going to tell you what the other alternative is, but I definitely felt it for sure.

“For me, I’m not a great shooter,” he continued. “So any little error that goes on can affect my shot.”

Y! SPORTS

Y! SPORTS

Sleeved jerseys not enough to stop LeBron, Heat in Christmas Day win over Lakers | ProBasketballTalk

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Guys really wanted to get a true practice with those jerseys," Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said. "I don't know if that was needed. That's what their workout shirts look like anyway. At least mentally, now they don't have an excuse."

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. A lot of these guys wore t-shirts in college. I think it's more the structure of the sleeve on certain body types. Lebron has large shoulders. I don't think the sleeves bother a player like Steph Curry.

@180 5-10 I would make Curry's shirt look tiny, he could play in saran wrap and it would be loose fitting.

How many colleges wear sleeved jerseys? Also college students are not going to have the frame that NBA athletes do.