• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If you could make any change after the season...

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't know if cheapskate Weaver will be willing to spend that much. That is more than Stinespring is making now. I don't see Stinespring taking a pay cut or even being asked to

BeachNHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It falls on our administration to make the moves, but I think that they realize that changes have to be made. Another reason why I like Herman is that due to Ohio State's postseason ban their season is over after their game next week, which would allow us to hire him as soon as after the Thanksgiving holiday without him having to worry about ditching his team for their bowl game (I would fire Newsome to make room for the move). The sooner that the new offense can begin to be implemented the better.

BeachNHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VT needs to crack open its piggybank if we ever plan to take the next step. Just look at Clemson for an example of where this is headed, 1.3 mil to Chad Morris and 800k for Venebles. You want a top notch coordinator you have to provide the cash.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
As long as Newsome and O'Cain/Stinespring are removed from playcalling/OC duties then you will see improvement in those areas guaranteed. I don't think Beamer could do worse. I would fear for VT football if Beamer was to make the changes on his own without consulting others on the staff. It was he who hired those 3 coaches in the first place years ago when his mind was better. Now what damage is he capable of? At least I don't think it's possible he could do worse than Newsome with the OL hire

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want tony franklin. We fire our guys and get him, everything else will fall into place. Especially with how well that style offense has been working.

rockhead44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beamer won't fire his pals at this stage of his career.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beamer won't fire his pals at this stage of his career.

He will if the heat gets turned up on him like it is right now. Beamer is loyal, but he will do what he has to do if it comes down to it. The Cav and Hite moves showed that. I know they were just moved to office jobs, but I think that was mainly just out of respect for their careers at VT. Someone like Mike O'Cain will not get the same parting gift Hite and Cav got.

I think MOC will get the boot this year in favor of a proven play caller and QB coach that remains to be seen (hopefully Franklin). Hopefully Newsome will be right behind him.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MOC will "retire" and Newsome will get moved to an office. I would like to see us move Shane to special teams and bring in an OC who coaches either RB or QB and a position coach for the other. I have not been impressed with Shane's work with the RBs.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And Stiney ?? Newsome should go ... And Stinespring should be a position coach and recruiting coordinator

. I'm indifferent about MOC .. In a way I think hs hands are tied and that he's sort of a scapegoat but maybe the offensive success last season had little to do with him and more to do with the players and teams not having an answer for Logan

Last edited by a moderator:

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MOC will "retire" and Newsome will get moved to an office. I would like to see us move Shane to special teams and bring in an OC who coaches either RB or QB and a position coach for the other. I have not been impressed with Shane's work with the RBs.

I said the same thing the other day! It's like he wants to be everyone's friend since he is a good recruiter, and couldn't sack up and shorten the RB rotation. Frank's days as a good ST coach are over, we need the fire Shane brings there, then a new OC who can bring whoever the hell he wants.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stiney to TEs, I guess.

Shit, I forgot we need an OL coach....

Are there any good OL coaches in the Beamer coaching tree? Or that are familiar enough with the state of Virginia to make an impact in recruiting? If not, I would think the new OC would probably bring someone with him.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are there any good OL coaches in the Beamer coaching tree? Or that are familiar enough with the state of Virginia to make an impact in recruiting? If not, I would think the new OC would probably bring someone with him.

What is Eugene Chung up to these days?

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
All Shane has to do at RB coach is repeat the drills that Hite did for years, add the boxing glove thing and NOT play a RB that is as hesitant, unexplosive, and dependent on good blocking as Michael Holmes. With that little responsibility he got 2 out of 3. So the talk of him going to OC is absurd and I hope that's all it is...talk. He's about as qualified to OC as Stinespring was and we all saw how that turned out. I hope I'm wrong with my gut feeling about Beamer switching people around and replacing Newsome/O'cain/Stinespring with another Newsome/O'cain/Stinespring