• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If you are the eagles next HC, whos your qb?

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not his fault but he is still stinking rich and has been one of the worst long term QBs in history

He was tremendous in 2013 until he got hurt. He was top 3 or 4. He didn't play in 2014.

The only knock on him is he's been hurt. He's an excellent QB.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was tremendous in 2013 until he got hurt. He was top 3 or 4. He didn't play in 2014.

The only knock on him is he's been hurt. He's an excellent QB.
Don't give me that mularkey. 2013? He had one good game against the Cardinals D that had their best player suspended at the time and still managed to throw a pick 6. His stats against Atlanta were garbage because the Rams were down by multiple TDs early.

He is average and injury prone and I'm being kind in calling him average

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't give me that mularkey. 2013? He had one good game against the Cardinals D that had their best player suspended at the time and still managed to throw a pick 6. His stats against Atlanta were garbage because the Rams were down by multiple TDs early.

He is average and injury prone and I'm being kind in calling him average

Oh hahaha...I just noticed you're a St. Louis fan. I can't take your comments on this subject seriously now. They're biased.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles need help. OL is a real mess, that won't be fixed in one year, can take 2-5 years. They need to replace both guards, Peters will play next year but at 34 staying healthy for 16 games is no sure thing. Their defense has problems too. Opponents ran all over them, linebackers and secondary are average at best. Fletcher Cox can't do it all.

Bradford is average, doesn't really matter who the QB is until these other holes are addressed. He played better in the last 5/6 games, but some weren't competitive games. Getting rid of Kelly was a good first step, nobody liked him or wanted to play for him. I'd try to sign Bradford to a 2year incentive laden contract. He has no fire or leadership role. He's the same guy who played for the Rams, no one there shed any tears he left.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to keep Bradford. Who will be your QB? If you draft one at #13 then who will protect him and who will he throw to and who will stop the other team from scoring? You can't just back yourself into a corner and be forced to draft and start a rookie. That hurts the team and has a high rate of failure.

I tend to agree...the issue is how much do you pay him?

I think PHI just needs to regroup...if we look back at the PFF depth chart OL grades...LT/LG got elite grades of course the LG was deemed not worthy and was waived...the C, and RT Kelce, and L. Johnson got high quality and good grades respectively. I would focus on a OL coach and OC that can work with what they have.

At 13...imo Paxton will be gone, SF is probably going QB so QB#3 might be on the board at 13...A'Shawn Robinson would make a great tandem DT for Cox.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree...the issue is how much do you pay him?

I think PHI just needs to regroup...if we look back at the PFF depth chart OL grades...LT/LG got elite grades of course the LG was deemed not worthy and was waived...the C, and RT Kelce, and L. Johnson got high quality and good grades respectively. I would focus on a OL coach and OC that can work with what they have.

At 13...imo Paxton will be gone, SF is probably going QB so QB#3 might be on the board at 13...A'Shawn Robinson would make a great tandem DT for Cox.

Kelce looks like he took his money and mailed it in. The entire interior is a mess.

With Bradford you pay him what the market will. What team is he worth more to than the Eagles? I guess you could say some team might over pay him, but if you let that happen then he's gone and you still need a QB which will require resources to acquire. May as well just pay him.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh hahaha...I just noticed you're a St. Louis fan. I can't take your comments on this subject seriously now. They're biased.
Biased and educated. Almost none of the Rams wins under Bradford were because of Bradford.

Look at how much better Bradford, Foles and Sanchez have been under Chip Kelly. With Chip Kelly gone, there is no guarantee that the Eagles have anything at QB even with Bradford even if he stays healthy.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanchez wasn't almost equal. He played in two absolute blowouts. The team and the defense have zero faith in Sanchez and it showed when he started. The fact that the only name any of you can come up with is Sanchez just proves that Bradford needs to stay because there aren't any other options. Go watch those two games and report back on Sanchez...
I don't think you quite understand the point I'm talking about... I only talk about Sanchez because he's one of the only options on the roster worth considering. If we wanted to talk FA's, then that's a completely different discussion.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelce looks like he took his money and mailed it in. The entire interior is a mess.

With Bradford you pay him what the market will. What team is he worth more to than the Eagles? I guess you could say some team might over pay him, but if you let that happen then he's gone and you still need a QB which will require resources to acquire. May as well just pay him.

I don't recall them being this bad LY... PFF just doesn't hand out grades, those guys could play...I can see that with Kelce but you wonder how much of it was the OL not really buying into the rapid fire play calling concept.

Bradford is a better talent than Sanchez...you're not going to do better @ 13...the money probably will look out of whack, but that's the nature of the beast in the NFL...Matt Ryan is catching all kinds of heat down here...had a decent year really, but INTs were up and a lot of them were game changers....ATL can only go down from Ryan, and I think the same can be said for PHI with Bradford.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you quite understand the point I'm talking about... I only talk about Sanchez because he's one of the only options on the roster worth considering. If we wanted to talk FA's, then that's a completely different discussion.

Sanchez, Tebow, Thad Lewis, Stephen Morris, none of them are actual options and are interchangeably 0 win QBs.

It's Bradford, or it has to come from somewhere else. That's the question of the thread. Google can answer who the current backup is, but that doesn't matter if you're the next head coach. Who is your QB going to be out of the crop of guys coming available...

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't recall them being this bad LY... PFF just doesn't hand out grades, those guys could play...I can see that with Kelce but you wonder how much of it was the OL not really buying into the rapid fire play calling concept.

Bradford is a better talent than Sanchez...you're not going to do better @ 13...the money probably will look out of whack, but that's the nature of the beast in the NFL...Matt Ryan is catching all kinds of heat down here...had a decent year really, but INTs were up and a lot of them were game changers....ATL can only go down from Ryan, and I think the same can be said for PHI with Bradford.

Good point with matt Ryan.

As far as the Oline goes, neither of the guards are that talented and Kelce is small. If his best games are behind him that's 3 spots along the interior of the line that need upgrading. And our best lineman is 34 years old.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford is fine.
if he wants a truckload of money and somebody else wants to pay it, say goodbye.
If he wants a fair and reasonable contract with some incentives, he is not horrible.

Sanchez is not.
He screwed up 2014 by losing the Eagles out of a surefire playoffs.
He screwed up 2015 by getting blown out in the 2 games he started...effectively ending the season.

Most of Chip Kelly's personnel moves really were not that bad in hindsight.
All those dudes cost a zillion cap space eating dollars and/or sucked elsewhere.

The one that no one talks about was the worst decision, keeping Sanchez.
Kelly screwed himself by not jettisoning Sanchez and grooming a young QB on the bench.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point with matt Ryan.

As far as the Oline goes, neither of the guards are that talented and Kelce is small. If his best games are behind him that's 3 spots along the interior of the line that need upgrading. And our best lineman is 34 years old.

I'm not really a OT 1st round pick type guy unless they truly are plug n play like Jake Matthews has been in ATL. Those guys don't last until 13 too often, but it sounds like you could get a OL interior starter from the draft at some point.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanchez, Tebow, Thad Lewis, Stephen Morris, none of them are actual options and are interchangeably 0 win QBs.

It's Bradford, or it has to come from somewhere else. That's the question of the thread. Google can answer who the current backup is, but that doesn't matter if you're the next head coach. Who is your QB going to be out of the crop of guys coming available...

Eagles are in NFL hell right now. QB-less in a landscape with almost no good options available.

This is one of those horrific who would you rather games where all of the options are disgusting.

It is not hard to imagine a scenario where the Eagles don't get above average QB play again before 2022. It's why if I am any sort of decent coach with options, the Eagles are last on my list of teams to go to.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not really a OT 1st round pick type guy unless they truly are plug n play like Jake Matthews has been in ATL. Those guys don't last until 13 too often, but it sounds like you could get a OL interior starter from the draft at some point.

Wow. OL is the first place a team should start with their first round picks.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. OL is the first place a team should start with their first round picks.

Yeah, but not just because...Ideally you want 1st round talent on the OL, and I'm not opposed to taking OL in the 1st rd...but not every OT picked in the 1st rd is going to be a Joe Thomas...there's a long list of top 15 OTs picks that were busts. Often there is better value on the OL at the bottom of the 1st rd or in the 2nd rd.

That said...the Steelers OL..

LT...udfa, both the season starter who is on IR and the current starter.
LG...udfa
C....1st rd
RG...1st rd
RT...2nd rd

With a hof position coach...it's working okay.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again for the few people thinking Sanchez is even close to Bradford they simply dont know what they are talking about. When Bradford hits FA he's going to make upwards of 75 million. Sanchez might get a two year 5 million deal. It's just ludicrous to even compare the two.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again for the few people thinking Sanchez is even close to Bradford they simply dont know what they are talking about. When Bradford hits FA he's going to make upwards of 75 million. Sanchez might get a two year 5 million deal. It's just ludicrous to even compare the two.

19 TDs, 20 turnovers. You want to pay that? :pound:

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
19 TDs, 20 turnovers. You want to pay that? :pound:

I dont have enough money to pay the Ealges QB, sorry. But the proof is in the numbers. Sanchez gets 5 million max. Bradford might get 100 million. I wonder who the GM's think is the better QB.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the proof is in the numbers.

You mean these numbers?

Sam Bradford as an Eagle: 19 TDs and 20 turnovers.

Mark Sanchez as an Eagle: 18 TDs and 19 turnovers.

You get pretty much the same production. But. Mark Sanchez has playoff experience and has proven to be a tough son of a bitch. What has Bradford done? Blow his ACL twice.

I'm sorry, but Sam Bradford just isn't good.