• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If you are the eagles next HC, whos your qb?

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's how the Ravens do it. They build their team before the QB. Honestly, that's how every team should do it. You can win with a Trent Dilfer if you have a top 5 defense, O line, and running game. I mean yeah, Flacco was a 1st round pick, but he's not one of the best QBs in the league. Never will be. Maybe Bradford could be that. Who knows. But I just don't like him as a player.
Hence the reason why I would have John Harbaugh as my next HC if he was available. The Eagles historically have been defense first and then everything else after. Had the Eagles had today's version of Sam playing with those great Eagles defenses back in the day of Jerome Brown, Reggie White, Seth Joyner etc. We win more than 1 SB imo.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But.....the Eagles will let Bradford walk, draft a QB and go with Sanchez as the stopgap starter till the kid's ready.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But.....the Eagles will let Bradford walk, draft a QB and go with Sanchez as the stopgap starter till the kid's ready.

That's what I'm doing, but I'd throw the rookie in there and let him play and learn. I honestly believe that's the way of the league now. You draft your guy, and you give him the team. Get behind him and make sure he knows he has everyone's 100% support. Same with the coach and GM. And give them at least a 2 year run together before evaluating. Let Sanchez be the backup in case of injury.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many Heisman Award trophy winners were duds in the NFL, LOTS!!!!! You need a good GM to spot the talented backups that won't be drafted in the first round. GET ONE and let him learn. He'll be out of the media spotlight. Sign Bradford to a contract with $$$ tied to performance. Train the new kid.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only do you let Sam Bradford walk, you give him a hover board.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm "tagging " Bradford for the year, OL needs help, WR's and the defense all need depth and a start here and there, free agency can fix a couple spots, but the draft is gonna be were most is needed, if a QB drops and he looks good then draft him and have him sit behind Sam I am...

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DO you let Sam walk or do you draft someone?

Kyle Boller Baby !!!!! He does the crazy monkey dance everytime he drops back in the pocket and can launch the ball with his knee while rolling out of the pocket....He's special !!!:dhd:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny how everyone other than Eagles fans say to let Bradford walk... Very interesting :think:

Also... Ncmalko... Cherry picking one game's stats out of the entire season (when Bradford started) isn't a very good way to prove that Bradford is the better option. Sanchez was still able to put up almost identical numbers.

I could care less what Philly fans are saying about Sanchez. If you have a cheaper backup option that gives you almost the EXACT same output (see Jakology's or CenterIce's stat posts) then why the hell wouldn't you let the more expensive option walk? Simple business decision IMO.

With that in mind, Sanchez's contract will weigh heavily on Bradford's contract negotiations if they ever occur. And like I said, it's still smart to make Bradford an offer. If Bradford's agent is smart then Bradford will still be getting the most out of the deal. If he tested the free agency pool I doubt he would get anything above what Philly would offer. That is of course assuming that Philly is smart about it.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanchez was horrible god awful
Bradford wasnt really that bad for the Eagles. He showed some flashes.
He did not have much of an offensive line and some really mediocre receivers and still moved the ball.

I dont know if Bradford is the answer.
But, Sanchez makes the whole team horrible. He does nothing but lose.

Bradford was 7-7 as the starter....not great....but not a hopeless season.
He was actually 7-6 technically as he left the Dolphins game with the lead that Sanchez lost late.

Sanchez was 0-2 and the games were 5 touchdown beatdown losses.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford is a good qb. You people are nuts.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't want to invest a ton of money into him, but if he takes a reasonable deal I think bringing him back is the best short term option looking at what else is available. I mean, who'd you replace him with?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you draft a QB to develop behind him and get rid of Sanchez?

Absolutely. Bradford might get 15 million dollars and then get hurt. I'd find a 3rd stringer too.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny how everyone other than Eagles fans say to let Bradford walk... Very interesting :think:

Also... Ncmalko... Cherry picking one game's stats out of the entire season (when Bradford started) isn't a very good way to prove that Bradford is the better option. Sanchez was still able to put up almost identical numbers.

I could care less what Philly fans are saying about Sanchez. If you have a cheaper backup option that gives you almost the EXACT same output (see Jakology's or CenterIce's stat posts) then why the hell wouldn't you let the more expensive option walk? Simple business decision IMO.

With that in mind, Sanchez's contract will weigh heavily on Bradford's contract negotiations if they ever occur. And like I said, it's still smart to make Bradford an offer. If Bradford's agent is smart then Bradford will still be getting the most out of the deal. If he tested the free agency pool I doubt he would get anything above what Philly would offer. That is of course assuming that Philly is smart about it.

Sanchez wasn't almost equal. He played in two absolute blowouts. The team and the defense have zero faith in Sanchez and it showed when he started. The fact that the only name any of you can come up with is Sanchez just proves that Bradford needs to stay because there aren't any other options. Go watch those two games and report back on Sanchez...

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way you start Sanchez is if Andrew Luck or Peyton Manning is coming out next year.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanchez wasn't almost equal. He played in two absolute blowouts. The team and the defense have zero faith in Sanchez and it showed when he started. The fact that the only name any of you can come up with is Sanchez just proves that Bradford needs to stay because there aren't any other options. Go watch those two games and report back on Sanchez...

You're arguing with some kids here. Bradford is a good qb. He's only 28. Chip Kelly killed that offense with his misuse of the running game and his wasted draft pick in Agholor. Bradford still threw for 3700 yards in 14 games. He's very good, actually. He's the franchise imo. There's not a single free agent or draft pick even close to him in talent. Not even close. Get a WR, get a HC that knows what he's doing, run Murray, and the rest will all work itself out. There's no reason why the Eagles shouldn't make the playoffs next season.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You either give Bradford a prove it deal that's about 2 years long or you let him walk and draft someone.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford is a good qb. You people are nuts.
He is an average QB when he is healthy. He has a couple of plus skills and a couple of weaknesses when he is healthy.

Anyone committing to a man made of porcelain is nuts, though. Anyone judging a QB strictly on what he did in a Chip Kelly system probably needs to rethink things, too.

I'd give Bradford a lot of money with almost no guaranteed money. Make the SOB earn it. He has been paid like Tom Brady his whole career and has almost nothing to show for it. The Eagles are probably too low in the draft to do anything else.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is an average QB when he is healthy. He has a couple of plus skills and a couple of weaknesses when he is healthy.

Anyone committing to a man made of porcelain is nuts, though. Anyone judging a QB strictly on what he did in a Chip Kelly system probably needs to rethink things, too.

I'd give Bradford a lot of money with almost no guaranteed money. Make the SOB earn it. He has been paid like Tom Brady his whole career and has almost nothing to show for it. The Eagles are probably too low in the draft to do anything else.

He was apart of the old draft pay system. That's not his fault.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was apart of the old draft pay system. That's not his fault.
Its not his fault but he is still stinking rich and has been one of the worst long term QBs in history