• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Mariota falls to 10 the Rams have struck Gold

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will keep this generic don't want to turn it into the vent thread. A team drafts a QB #1 from a spread offense. His main claim to fame is a rocket arm and being super accurate. You don't ground and pound with this guy. If you are all in with him. Say to the tune of 70 mil. You build the line bring in stud wideouts and TEs. You go all air Coryell. You pass first and run off what it gives you. You don't try and mold him into something he is not.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you go back and look at the Rams drafts they were not optimal and not just one year it was many. thats how we had no talent around him and now fisher and snead are getting the talent back in and he is gone.

Cougar, I am convinced you have a learning disability. After how many times I have warned you not do what you did in this post outside of the negativity thread, you up and do it again. I am not going to warn you any more. You'll just receive a vacation notice and it will be substantial in length.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnny is not done yet. If he ever gets his personal life in order and we should all applaud the guy for taking that first step to recovery, he may be a competitor at the next level.

A lot of people have likened him, in both their college play, to Joe Montana.

A similar style of play panned out well for Joe!

Vita, I agree, I'm sure it was hard for him to admit he had some issues, but he did and I hope things work out for him!

He may or may not work out, I don't think he will, I think he is to small and more of a Doug Flutie to me, I don't think he will ever compare to Montana!

Not sure if Cleveland has already given up on him?

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know... I sense sarcasm with that concede Smed. Hmm. I think I said any team that needed a quarterback would be glad to have him including teams like the patriots or Packers would love to have him backing up. If you really think NFL teams prefer Hoyer over Bradford I don't know what to say. But anyway I have a new love now a new sheriff is in town his name is Saint Nicholas and he will save the Rams!

I will be glad to get on board with that Coug, as long as you don't go overboard again:)

But than again, you are already creeping me out with your Avitars! but I can't see them getting any creepier than the Bradford ones you had!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many player changes, Too many coaching changes. Too many injuries, Crappy field positions, Lousy schedules, Bad weather, We can go on and on. Maybe just the wrong team at the wrong time. He is gone now and that's it.

I'll say it again, good QB's succeed, average QB's look for excuses, and bad QB's fail

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks! wouldn't it be great to see the Rams take the field next season wearing these helmets? GO RAMS!!!!!

I would like that, I would settle for the blue and yellow. It seems like after we won the Super Bowl and got all cocky with the new gold and blue everything has gone downhill it has to be the uni's:)

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many player changes, Too many coaching changes. Too many injuries, Crappy field positions, Lousy schedules, Bad weather, We can go on and on. Maybe just the wrong team at the wrong time. He is gone now and that's it.

Amen Brother Bunc!

When will the excuses stop? Sammy is gone now, I would say its time to move forward and don't look back! :suds:If you LOVE Sammy so sincerely, become an Eagle fan! :hope:

tnerb57

Rams 50+ Club Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnny is not done yet. If he ever gets his personal life in order and we should all applaud the guy for taking that first step to recovery, he may be a competitor at the next level.

A lot of people have likened him, in both their college play, to Joe Montana.

A similar style of play panned out well for Joe!
Whaaaaaaaaaat??? I've never ONCE seen Joe Montana run into a crowded line and bounce back as if he was attached to an invisible rubber band and then scramble like Fran Tarkenton and pull some poop out of his derriere and make some incredible play.

Joe was always in control, or at least appeared to be. And mobile? A shuffle here and there, that's it, to my recollection.

tnerb57

Rams 50+ Club Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whaaaaaaaaaat??? I've never ONCE seen Joe Montana run into a crowded line and bounce back as if he was attached to an invisible rubber band and then scramble like Fran Tarkenton and pull some poop out of his derriere and make some incredible play.

Joe was always in control, or at least appeared to be. And mobile? A shuffle here and there, that's it, to my recollection.
And, I'm well aware there were way too many "and"s there.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So The Eagles and browns organizations view him as a first-round talent but you think the rest of the NFL there's this huge drop off on the way they view his talent? I find that highly unlikely.

Coug you are assuming the rest of the NFL thinks like Chip and the Browns Front office, who arguably has been worse than the Rams as far as drafting and signing free agents. Everyone has questioned Chip and what he's doing right now (basically ridding himself of all of Andy Reid's players) and you said so yourself that Chip is coo-coo for co-co puffs. So why associate the entire NFL with these 2 organizations? Cleveland hasn't had much on offense for years, so yeah they might be desperate enough to give a 1st rounder.. but they also have 2 in this coming draft.

2 teams..

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amen Brother Bunc!

When will the excuses stop? Sammy is gone now, I would say its time to move forward and don't look back! :suds:If you LOVE Sammy so sincerely, become an Eagle fan! :hope:

Excellent Zeke, exactly!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coug you are assuming the rest of the NFL thinks like Chip and the Browns Front office, who arguably has been worse than the Rams as far as drafting and signing free agents. Everyone has questioned Chip and what he's doing right now (basically ridding himself of all of Andy Reid's players) and you said so yourself that Chip is coo-coo for co-co puffs. So why associate the entire NFL with these 2 organizations? Cleveland hasn't had much on offense for years, so yeah they might be desperate enough to give a 1st rounder.. but they also have 2 in this coming draft.

2 teams..

If he doesn't get hurt this season we will see his NFL value next year in FA for sure. Then you guys will finally see. I know for a fact the Cards want him. It only makes sense he will end up in our division lol.

Like I said many of the teams don't need quarterbacks and most of the teams that do need a quarterback don't have a quarterback to give us back so the Rams wernt going to trade him. But that doesn't mean they aren't interested in him.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he doesn't get hurt this season we will see his NFL value next year in FA for sure. Then you guys will finally see. I know for a fact the Cards want him. It only makes sense he will end up in our division lol.

Who are you talking about? I thought we were discussing Sam's CURRENT value? I was talking about Chip and the Browns. You based the Browns and Chip Kelly wanting Sam, then jumped to the entire NFL thinking Sam was worth a 1st rounder.

2 of the most desperate teams for offense and 1 having 2 first round picks, while the other (eagles) just wanting to clean house of a former coaches' players. Hardly any QBs available makes demand higher than the supply.. Value in that case could increase for a guy with POTENTIAL, but only the real suckers were the one's pursuing Sam.

And even in your comment above, you have the IF leading your HOPES. Where do the Cards say they want Sam for a fact?

It's almost like you just turn from story to story trying to prove Sam is really good, or he could be if he was healthy.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are you talking about? I thought we were discussing Sam's CURRENT value? I was talking about Chip and the Browns. You based the Browns and Chip Kelly wanting Sam, then jumped to the entire NFL thinking Sam was worth a 1st rounder.

2 of the most desperate teams for offense and 1 having 2 first round picks, while the other (eagles) just wanting to clean house of a former coaches' players.

And even in your comment above, you have the IF leading your HOPES. Where do the Cards say they want Sam for a fact?

It's almost like you just turn from story to story trying to prove Sam is really good, or he could be if he was healthy.

Just like you guys thought I was crazy for saying a team would give a first rd pick for him.. now you guys are like well they are bad organizations and are desperate. Please! He has talent. I'm just saying that's very naïve to think there are the only 2 teams that would want him. I mean that doesn't even make sense.

I said if because if his knee goes again he will retire.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like you guys thought I was crazy for saying a team would give a first rd pick for him.. now you guys are like well they are bad organizations and are desperate. Please! He has talent. I'm just saying that's very naïve to think there are the only 2 teams that would want him. I mean that doesn't even make sense.

I said if because if his knee goes again he will retire.

No you said Chip Kelly is :loco2: and so has 95% of the world that watches the NFL. And please, you think Cleveland's not desperate for offense AND with 2 - 1st round picks?

Who else has offered a 1st rounder?

And where has Arizona stated they want Sam?

We are naïve thinking only 2 teams want him or you are in love and think practically everyone in the NFL wants Samantha?

I'll wait