• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Mariota falls to 10 the Rams have struck Gold

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I thought you would see his percieved talent around the NFL after we were given Foles and a second rd pick, and a 1st rd offer from the Browns, but I was wrong!

I wouldn't place too much value on the value the Browns put on QBs (see Manziel, Johnny)

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely not true. He obviously has 1st rd value? Kelly wants him. But If MM slides to us I think he obviously would want him to fit in his system. The TRUTH is he has more value than Foles around the league even with a 13m salary attached to him or he would've just kept him and traded him.

You're basing your establishment of value on the Browns' front office and madman Chip. That's a ledge I'm not going to walk out onto...

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't place too much value on the value the Browns put on QBs (see Manziel, Johnny)
Johnny is not done yet. If he ever gets his personal life in order and we should all applaud the guy for taking that first step to recovery, he may be a competitor at the next level.

A lot of people have likened him, in both their college play, to Joe Montana.

A similar style of play panned out well for Joe!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnny is not done yet. If he ever gets his personal life in order and we should all applaud the guy for taking that first step to recovery, he may be a competitor at the next level.

A lot of people have likened him, in both their college play, to Joe Montana.

A similar style of play panned out well for Joe!

Anyone likening him to Joe Montana should be drug-screened IMO.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're basing your establishment of value on the Browns' front office and madman Chip. That's a ledge I'm not going to walk out onto...

I'm sure you can find bad decisions by any organization in the league if you look. The Browns haven't had luck drafting quarterbacks but that doesn't mean they haven't seen Sam in real NFL game action. That brings me to the point I keep on making.. NFL teams like proven NFL talent it's hard to draft a quarterback

Last edited:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And I know there were plenty of Ram fans screaming last year to ditch Bradford and draft Johnny to.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone likening him to Joe Montana should be drug-screened IMO.
I can't remember exactly who, seems like it was Mouch for some reason. But Johnny was exceptional in College and Joe had a very similar style of play if you can recall.

I was watching a retro game between USC and ND. It had commentary from several well known sportscasters of today. Who ever it was said it early and even though I never noticed it myself I was able to see what the sportscaster was talking about.

IDK shops, maybe you think Johnny didn't have that great of a College Football career and that might make some wonder exactly 'who' should be drug=screened. :rolleyes2:

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah right Vita has me under his wing lol. Along with the professional scouts and coaching staff of the Eagles and Browns too I guess :nod: it makes you so mad it's just not me saying it now.. but I have NFL teams backing up what I've been saying all along. You must concede Smed

I concede Coug , you were right, one lunatic gave up way to much to get him, and Cleveland is so desperate and messed up they are willing to take a chance, Hoyer wasn't all that good, but he's better than Bradford!

Youve been saying all along, that EVERY team would jump at the chance to have Sammie, and that's simply not true, but TWO showed interest and now you are Kresken! So what you have been spouting for years now, is still not true ! There may be teams that still think he has talent but obviously many aren't willing to take a chance on a QB that has played 49 games in 6 years and may or may not still have that talent.
Like I said keep on taking the Sammie drug!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't remember exactly who, seems like it was Mouch for some reason. But Johnny was exceptional in College and Joe had a very similar style of play if you can recall.

I was watching a retro game between USC and ND. It had commentary from several well known sportscasters of today. Who ever it was said it early and even though I never noticed it myself I was able to see what the sportscaster was talking about.

IDK shops, maybe you think Johnny didn't have that great of a College Football career and that might make some wonder exactly 'who' should be drug=screened. :rolleyes2:

First, I won't pass a drug screen, that's already been established.

Johnny had a fine (but abbreviated) college career, but at no point did I consider him ready for the NFL. Montana, on the other hand, was at Notre Dame for 5 years (1 redshirted) and didn't play in a spread offense. Sure, both were mobile and threw well on the run, but Johnny was out there like he needed ritalin. Montana also was a 3rd round pick that didn't start until midway through his second season, not an ill-advised 1st rounder that his fans wanted to start from day one.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I concede Coug , you were right, one lunatic gave up way to much to get him, and Cleveland is so desperate and messed up they are willing to take a chance, Hoyer wasn't all that good, but he's better than Bradford!

Youve been saying all along, that EVERY team would jump at the chance to have Sammie, and that's simply not true, but TWO showed interest and now you are Kresken! So what you have been spouting for years now, is still not true ! There may be teams that still think he has talent but obviously many aren't willing to take a chance on a QB that has played 49 games in 6 years and may or may not still have that talent.
Like I said keep on taking the Sammie drug!

I don't know... I sense sarcasm with that concede Smed. Hmm. I think I said any team that needed a quarterback would be glad to have him including teams like the patriots or Packers would love to have him backing up. If you really think NFL teams prefer Hoyer over Bradford I don't know what to say. But anyway I have a new love now a new sheriff is in town his name is Saint Nicholas and he will save the Rams!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, I won't pass a drug screen, that's already been established.

Johnny had a fine (but abbreviated) college career, but at no point did I consider him ready for the NFL. Montana, on the other hand, was at Notre Dame for 5 years (1 redshirted) and didn't play in a spread offense. Sure, both were mobile and threw well on the run, but Johnny was out there like he needed ritalin. Montana also was a 3rd round pick that didn't start until midway through his second season, not an ill-advised 1st rounder that his fans wanted to start from day one.
In all fairness, I did say they resembled one another in collegiate play.

Johnny has had one, drug induced admittedly, season in the NFL.

Like I said before....

With the help he has sought for his abuse, he may find 'a way' much as the dude who preceded him who had a similar style of collegiate play in Joe Montana.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was one of the ones that wanted Johnny. Still believe he has the talent to play at a high level in the NFL. But I am a Rams fan. I believe in Santa. As far as Bradford goes don't be shocked if he lights it up in Philly. I wont be.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was one of the ones that wanted Johnny. Still believe he has the talent to play at a high level in the NFL. But I am a Rams fan. I believe in Santa. As far as Bradford goes don't be shocked if he lights it up in Philly. I wont be.

I won't either but it would have been a lot easier with J. Mack and D. Jackson. but still Mathews is probably better then any WR he had with the Rams. I think Oline men are allergic to Bradford they seem to go away when he shows up lol. Hopefully they won't lose both guards.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't either but it would have been a lot easier with J. Mack and D. Jackson. but still Mathews is probably better then any WR he had with the Rams. I think Oline men are allergic to Bradford they seem to go away when he shows up lol. Hopefully they won't lose both guards.

IMHO the mistake we made with Bradford was not building a team and scheme around him. I believe you have to take the injuries out of the equation. We went thru too many coaches and systems. Kelly will give Bradford a system for Bradford to thrive in. If it is at all possible at this point. Let the rock throwing begin.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMHO the mistake we made with Bradford was not building a team and scheme around him. I believe you have to take the injuries out of the equation. We went thru too many coaches and systems. Kelly will give Bradford a system for Bradford to thrive in. If it is at all possible at this point. Let the rock throwing begin.

if you go back and look at the Rams drafts they were not optimal and not just one year it was many. thats how we had no talent around him and now fisher and snead are getting the talent back in and he is gone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many player changes, Too many coaching changes. Too many injuries, Crappy field positions, Lousy schedules, Bad weather, We can go on and on. Maybe just the wrong team at the wrong time. He is gone now and that's it.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you go back and look at the Rams drafts they are pathetic!! not just one year it was many. thats how we had no talent around him and now fisher and snead are getting the talent back in and he is gone.

Having talent around him doesn't make him less fragile though. He had a serious injury before he even turned pro. Unless the Rams had put a pro-bowl line around him and kept him clean, more weapons wouldn't keep him upright. The Rams tried, but they swung and missed at two first round tackles and a few receivers later as well. The "talent evaluators" were in over their heads clearly.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So The Eagles and browns organizations view him as a first-round talent but you think the rest of the NFL there's this huge drop off on the way they view his talent? I find that highly unlikely.

How can you find that "unlikely" when only four teams demonstrated an initial interest (more likely three as the Raiders stated they were fine with their QB) and only two were willing make an offer? Once again Cougar, you make this huge leap from what is right in front of you to what you want to believe without concrete evidence and the story is not done yet. This seems to be your pattern of acknowledgement not the NFL's.