• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I have honestly never been so dialed in on the Pacers in over a decade...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't want any of my teams to go through that five-year period the Sixers went though, and the only reason they went though it was because they kept failing with their draft choices - Nerlens Noel, Michael Carter-Williams, and Jahlil Okfor. They happened to luck out on two of their picks in five years. TWO. You can only brag on that to a certain extent.

Not every hotshot prospect should be treated as a LeBron James-level franchise maker. In fact, none of them actually should. The Sixers will have no shortage of talent, but there's no guarantee that everything is going to come together for them or that their success will even be linear. Simmons can't shoot, and Embiid is an undisciplined goon that's very turnover prone for a big man, and in spite of his lack of NBA experience he's already going to turn 24 next week. And lord only knows what's going to happen with Fultz...

MCW was rookie of the year and traded the year following (when he was coming off of shoulder surgery); can't blame the Sixers for his collapse as he actually played pretty well for them. The Sixers got the Lakers pick for him (currently #12 in this upcoming draft), so the outcome of that trade is still to be determined.

Okafor is definitely a bust to this point. The NBA has largely left the lumbering center behind as teams follow the Warriors example.

Noel I still think has upside as an athletic defender and modern center, and was only a #6 pick they traded for the rights to (for Jrue Holiday, and also got the NO #1 in 2014 (Elfrid Payton), which was traded to the Magic for Saric and they got their future 1st rounder back from Orlando (Bynum trade). Of course, Noel was then traded to the Mavs for Bogut, Justin Anderson, and what ended up being 2 2nd rounders.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They failed on their draft picks because they swing for fences looking for superstar talent. When they missed, hey moved on quickly.

While there are no guarantees, they have a legit shot to win rings in the future. The Pacers don't. The process was needed for the 6ers to get to this point. Good players get you to 45 wins. Superstars get you to contender status. 6ers knew that, and they waited patiently to get what they needed.

Well just because you say there won't be a shot doesn't mean it's true. And besides, if our guys had listened to what the media had been saying about them we wouldn't be nine games over .500 with an outside shot at the #3 seed in the east.

That's the difference between you and me - You assume the propaganda is true that Embiid or whomever gives the Sixers the edge in competing for titles. I don't.

And also, you pretty much contradicted your own argument by saying that the Wall/Beal/Porter trio is not good enough to ever compete for anything. Because how exactly did the Wiz acquire those guys??? By being really bad, that's how. Wall was a #1 picks, while Beal and Porter were both #3 picks.

I know I would love to have Porter on the Pacers if you guys don't want him. That's a player I absolutely covet for either of my teams to stabilize the wing. We'll give you Bojan Bogdanovic, Corey Joeseph, T.J. Leaf, and our 2019 unprotected first rounder for Porter. Hands off Sabonis, though.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well just because you say there won't be a shot doesn't mean it's true. And besides, if our guys had listened to what the media had been saying about them we wouldn't be nine games over .500 with an outside shot at the #3 seed in the east.

That's the difference between you and me - You assume the propaganda is true that Embiid or whomever gives the Sixers the edge in competing for titles. I don't.

And also, you pretty much contradicted your own argument by saying that the Wall/Beal/Porter trio is not good enough to ever compete for anything. Because how exactly did the Wiz acquire those guys??? By being really bad, that's how. Wall was a #1 picks, while Beal and Porter were both #3 picks.

I know I would love to have Porter on the Pacers if you guys don't want him. That's a player I absolutely covet for either of my teams to stabilize the wing. We'll give you Bojan Bogdanovic, Corey Joeseph, T.J. Leaf, and our 2019 unprotected first rounder for Porter. Hands off Sabonis, though.

No I didn't.

Wall is a tier two player. Not a superstar. Beal is tier 3-4. And Porter a few more spots down. That isn't enough. Instead of taking the 6er route, the Wiz traded for a couple vets after getting those guys, who everyone with a brain knew were not enough to make them legit contenders unless Wall became a top 3 overall player.

As for the Pacers? LOL. Good luck. Keep believing and keep getting your heart broken. It ain't happening.

Lastly, I don't assume anything. I watch those Embiid and Simmons play. They have obvious superstar potential. Doesn't mean they will get there, but anybody with eyes can see it.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the Pacers? LOL. Good luck. Keep believing and keep getting your heart broken. It ain't happening.

And in the end, regardless of what happens, I'll still be a Pacers fan.

And you'll still be a frontrunning, propaganda-spreading machine that pumps your chest about whatever team is "elite".

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And you'll still be a frontrunning, propaganda-spreading machine that pumps your chest about whatever team is "elite".

Whatever you say.

I am a Wizards fan who posts objectively about what I see. That is not front running. It is called being realistic.

Reactions: DJ

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@tlance

DYNmgnVXcAA0L3c.jpg

In addition to this win in Philly last week, we also won twice in Boston this season - And those are the two teams that are already being written up as the class of the east for the next decade. We beat them while sporting the 4th-lowest payroll in the NBA. Keep sleeping on us though, for it gives us a better opportunity to sneak up on teams. We like it that way...

And shame on Joel Embiid for going Zaza Pachulia on Sabonis' ankle...He sure as hell conducts himself like a "superstar". :doh:

BottleWalk

Holier Than Thou
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"frontrunning" fans would root for a team like the wizards?! What a thought...

Let's put it this way. The wizards are the only team in the league this year who can go on a magical run in the middle of the season and still manage to get bad press for it. You have a stretch of going 9-2 over 11 games or whatever it was without wall, and there is zero attention on how well the wizards are playing and instead it is about wall vs the rest of his team.

The wizards have exactly a zero point zero chance of winning the finals (or probably even getting there) this year, zero point zero of doing it next year, the year after, etc...unless they bring in a major star but why would one go to DC instead of Philly or LAL?

The wizards do not have any "frontrunning fans" and no one "chooses" to be a wizards fan if they don't have any outside reasons to like location.

But to suggest that even a team like the wizards, who again have exactly zero chance of winning a championship, is any worse than your pacers, or that the pacers are good just because of a win here or there against other "above average" nba teams, is pretty funny actually lol!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let's put it this way. The wizards are the only team in the league this year who can go on a magical run in the middle of the season and still manage to get bad press for it. You have a stretch of going 9-2 over 11 games or whatever it was without wall, and there is zero attention on how well the wizards are playing and instead it is about wall vs the rest of his team.

The wizards have exactly a zero point zero chance of winning the finals (or probably even getting there) this year, zero point zero of doing it next year, the year after, etc...unless they bring in a major star but why would one go to DC instead of Philly or LAL?

The wizards do not have any "frontrunning fans" and no one "chooses" to be a wizards fan if they don't have any outside reasons to like location.

But to suggest that even a team like the wizards, who again have exactly zero chance of winning a championship, is any worse than your pacers, or that the pacers are good just because of a win here or there against other "above average" nba teams, is pretty funny actually lol!

You forgot one thing:

For us Wizard fans, the last few years were as good as it had been since the late 70s.

So yeah, I think we know a thing or two about being mediocre. And you are spot on about the 0.0% chance. Same as Indy.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@tlance

DYNmgnVXcAA0L3c.jpg

In addition to this win in Philly last week, we also won twice in Boston this season - And those are the two teams that are already being written up as the class of the east for the next decade. We beat them while sporting the 4th-lowest payroll in the NBA. Keep sleeping on us though, for it gives us a better opportunity to sneak up on teams. We like it that way...

And shame on Joel Embiid for going Zaza Pachulia on Sabonis' ankle...He sure as hell conducts himself like a "superstar". :doh:

And a couple of historically bad Lakers teams have beaten the Warriors a couple of times over the past couple of years. Not just beaten them either, blew them out.

See how much a regular season win means?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And a couple of historically bad Lakers teams have beaten the Warriors a couple of times over the past couple of years. Not just beaten them either, blew them out.

Regular season means nothing in the playoffs other than the seeding - Indiana has a zero chance of making it to the ECF or THE FINALS.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Indiana will play the Wizards in the first round - I think they may have a shot at that one - but I think they are toast in the second round.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@tlance

DYNmgnVXcAA0L3c.jpg

Congratulations.

The Lakers have beaten the Celtics this season too. The Spurs twice, snapped a 16 game Houston winning streak when they beat them on their own floor, blown out the Cavs, Pacers and OKC (twice), just to name a few.

10th lowest pay roll

So, when do you think we should hang that banner?

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's not actually a Wizards fan. He roots for whatever team is good so he can build up his name on a message board.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At Golden State? :scratch:

Anyone can win at home, numbnuts.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations.

The Lakers have beaten the Celtics this season too. The Spurs twice, snapped a 16 game Houston winning streak when they beat them on their own floor, blown out the Cavs, Pacers and OKC (twice), just to name a few.

10th lowest pay roll

So, when do you think we should hang that banner?

Try 4th lowest in a small market...Ready for your new avi yet???

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not actually a Wizards fan. He roots for whatever team is good so he can build up his name on a message board.
Literally LOLd . If one was going to root for a good team to, what was it?, build your name on a message board (LOL), picking the Wizards would not be the way to go.

Of course since that's not even a thing it doesn't matter what team he picks.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you say so.

Why the hell would I claim to be a Wizards fan if I wasn't? Doesn't make any sense.

I don't start threads about them because nobody cares. You of all people should know that given the weekly drivel you spew about the Pacers and Nuggets, two teams that also nobody cares about.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The only one here spreading propaganda is you.

Unlike you, I don't post homerstic BS. I am a Wizards fan, yet I am able to see that they aren't good enough to realistically contend now, or anytime soon. Because I am objective about my team, I am also able to comment on who I believe to be the cream of the crop in the NBA. That is called being realistic. You should try it sometime.

BottleWalk

Holier Than Thou
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since I'm still fairly new here I wouldn't know if you were right, but no one would pretend to be a wizards fan even at a wizards game, let alone online. This should be pretty simple to understand and I spelled it out in my post above, but then I can't expect people I'm communicating with online to read the things I write, can I?

If anyone were picking a team there are a lot of worse choices than the wizards. But there are also a lot of better ones. The wizards haven't been the flavor of the month in the nba in at least thirty years...do you really think anyone would be dense enough to be a bandwagon wizards fan?!

BottleWalk

Holier Than Thou
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy is starting to strike me as the Brees #9 of the basketball forum lol!