• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I have honestly never been so dialed in on the Pacers in over a decade...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regular season means nothing in the playoffs other than the seeding - Indiana has a zero chance of making it to the ECF or THE FINALS.

The Finals? No.

The ECF? Maybe. A lot would have to go their way. But I wouldn't rule it out completely.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Finals? No.

The ECF? Maybe. A lot would have to go their way. But I wouldn't rule it out completely.
I give them a 15% chance - which is the nice way of saying they will be one and done - They might be able to do more next year once their young guys have developed a bit more and if they pick up at least one really good free agent. It would be interesting as hell if Indiana picked up LeBron James not to mention @ChiefsLakers67 would be happy as hell

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not actually a Wizards fan. He roots for whatever team is good so he can build up his name on a message board.

Yes, because after all, everyone knows that the best way for someone to "build his name up on a message board" is to jump on that Wizards bandwagon.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"frontrunning" fans would root for a team like the wizards?! What a thought...

Let's put it this way. The wizards are the only team in the league this year who can go on a magical run in the middle of the season and still manage to get bad press for it. You have a stretch of going 9-2 over 11 games or whatever it was without wall, ...

9-2 is a "Magical Run" ?

BottleWalk

Holier Than Thou
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9-2 is a "Magical Run" ?
Considering how average the team is without wall it's pretty damn good, but if you want to claim I am exaggerating on that point then you can do that and I won't fight with you.

I don't think this has anything to do with the overall point I was making and my point should be pretty clear to anyone who read my post.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but "zero" chance isn't correct. If a team is a four seed, then they absolutely have a chance to make the ECF.

I agree with this especially since it seems like they absolutely own Boston

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because most of the other playoff teams are way better? :shrug:

Most? Who in the East are way better? A healthy Cleveland and Toronto? There's no other team "way" better in the East. Boston is injured as hell and Smart may miss some of the playoffs and Kyrie isn't healthy....and I think Indy are better or even with the remaining 4 Eastern Conference playoffs teams

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but "zero" chance isn't correct. If a team is a four seed, then they absolutely have a chance to make the ECF.

Yeah, zero chance is pretty extreme. But TLF gonna TLF.

Their chances might be fairly slim, but that doesn't mean zero chance. It just means that a lot has to break their way for it to happen.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only one here spreading propaganda is you.

Unlike you, I don't post homerstic BS. I am a Wizards fan, yet I am able to see that they aren't good enough to realistically contend now, or anytime soon. Because I am objective about my team, I am also able to comment on who I believe to be the cream of the crop in the NBA. That is called being realistic. You should try it sometime.

I am realistic, but that doesn't mean I'm going to instantly write off my team's chance for the next decade. I'm taking the approach that if I don't believe we can win, then I'll probably be right, and being right in that scenario would accomplish nothing. There's 30 teams in the NBA and are chances of winning a title will always be slim. So all in all, it's just better to believe and just hope one day that it will all come together.

I just wonder what standard Warriors fan (you know, the ones that were fans of that team before you jumped on their bandwagon) felt about their long-term title prospects back in 2009. :scratch: