• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I have honestly never been so dialed in on the Pacers in over a decade...

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not since the brawl era have I been this dialed in on what this team is doing on a game-to-game basis.

Because for the first time in ages, we're actually rostering a group of players that I actually enjoy watching and rooting for, whereas Danny Granger and Paul George were simply too prissy for my liking and lacked any sort of killer instinct.

And I love Lance Stephenson. While he's never going to live up to the expectations placed on him when he was a free agent the first time, he gives us that nasty factor that we wouldn't have had otherwise and that's been missing the three years he was gone.

One may assume that we'll always be destined to be a low-seeded playoff team for the forseeable future, but at least we'll have some serious cap flexibility coming our way in the coming years. That's not to say we're necessarily going to use it right away, but at least we aren't currently on the books for a $144 million payroll in 2018-19 like a certain team in south Florida is.

It's definitely good to have a management team that's more in tune with the current NBA generation as opposed to Bird's old school philosophies, and I expect nothing more than for them to act in a more creative manner with this said cap space. We definitely need a deeper bench, along with some perimeter scoring help for Oladipo, and to do whatever it takes to help develop the inconsistent Myles Turner into a reliable second option.

My only hope is that Pritchard has the balls to fire McMillan when the time is right (Remember, they were also together in Portland). Beyond that, I'm confident that this management team will keep us competitive for the forseeable future.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That $144 million includes Bosh's salary that's over $25 mil and doesn't count against our books.

Also, for as many injuries that the Heat have had to key injuries this year, we're sitting in the 4th seed right now.

Don't know what you're going to do with all of this salary cap space. Indiana has never been known to get free agents and have to rely on building their team.

And for all of your luster, the Heat beat (multiple times) your team's best chance at winning a title.

You're still never going to be better than the Celtics, probably not even better than the Raptors. And if you somehow past them, you're not getting past the Rockets or Warriors within the foreseeable future. Those are just the sad facts.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rostering isn't a word.

Roster is.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy wants McMillan fired.....the HC that has them over achieving.

:scratch:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy wants McMillan fired.....the HC that has them over achieving.

:scratch:

He wanted Vogel fired too. I am sensing a theme here.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not since the brawl era have I been this dialed in on what this team is doing on a game-to-game basis.

Because for the first time in ages, we're actually rostering a group of players that I actually enjoy watching and rooting for, whereas Danny Granger and Paul George were simply too prissy for my liking and lacked any sort of killer instinct.

And I love Lance Stephenson. While he's never going to live up to the expectations placed on him when he was a free agent the first time, he gives us that nasty factor that we wouldn't have had otherwise and that's been missing the three years he was gone.

One may assume that we'll always be destined to be a low-seeded playoff team for the forseeable future, but at least we'll have some serious cap flexibility coming our way in the coming years. That's not to say we're necessarily going to use it right away, but at least we aren't currently on the books for a $144 million payroll in 2018-19 like a certain team in south Florida is.

It's definitely good to have a management team that's more in tune with the current NBA generation as opposed to Bird's old school philosophies, and I expect nothing more than for them to act in a more creative manner with this said cap space. We definitely need a deeper bench, along with some perimeter scoring help for Oladipo, and to do whatever it takes to help develop the inconsistent Myles Turner into a reliable second option.

My only hope is that Pritchard has the balls to fire McMillan when the time is right (Remember, they were also together in Portland). Beyond that, I'm confident that this management team will keep us competitive for the forseeable future.

I can sum this mumbo jumbo up easily: :blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm only going to type 5 more posts on this topic.

Lol exactly what I was getting at.

Usually when I don't care about a thread, I don't open it and post 5x in that same thread

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As it currently stands, the pacers are literally in the worst place they can be right now. 8th seed in the East will almost immediately ensure a 1st round knock-out and they won't get shit in the draft.

So enjoy!

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As it currently stands, the pacers are literally in the worst place they can be right now. 8th seed in the East will almost immediately ensure a 1st round knock-out and they won't get shit in the draft.

So enjoy!

The East is very close. Just because they're 8th now doesn't mean that can't change. In reality they're in a 3 way tie for 6th with Philly and Milwaukee. 1.5 games out of 4th.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The East is very close. Just because they're 8th now doesn't mean that can't change. In reality they're in a 3 way tie for 6th with Philly and Milwaukee. 1.5 games out of 4th.

Hence the "as it currently stands"

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wanted Vogel fired too. I am sensing a theme here.

What part of "when the time is right" is too difficult for you to comprehend? You were one who wasn't a fan of the McMillan hiring in the first place. You want to go back on your word now?

And the reason Vogel got let go by us is because he's not a good basketball coach - Not exactly rocket science.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What part of "when the time is right" is too difficult for you to comprehend? You were one who wasn't a fan of the McMillan hiring in the first place. You want to go back on your word now?

And the reason Vogel got let go by us is because he's not a good basketball coach - Not exactly rocket science.

Last I checked being fired when the time is right is still being fired.