• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I have honestly never been so dialed in on the Pacers in over a decade...

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That $144 million includes Bosh's salary that's over $25 mil and doesn't count against our books.

Also, for as many injuries that the Heat have had to key injuries this year, we're sitting in the 4th seed right now.

Don't know what you're going to do with all of this salary cap space. Indiana has never been known to get free agents and have to rely on building their team.

And for all of your luster, the Heat beat (multiple times) your team's best chance at winning a title.

You're still never going to be better than the Celtics, probably not even better than the Raptors. And if you somehow past them, you're not getting past the Rockets or Warriors within the foreseeable future. Those are just the sad facts.

LOL so now suddenly the Raptors are one of these so-called superteams according to you? :scratch:

I'll give Toronto credit for being one of the more solid NBA franchises over the last five years and Massai Ujiri as one of the best GM's in our game today. But, Kyle Lowry is getting older and it's still questionable if DeMar DeRozan is a true franchise player. Both players more often than not fold like cheap tents in the playoffs. Hell, we even took them to seven games with one of our more poorly initiated offenses of all-time.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL so now suddenly the Raptors are one of these so-called superteams according to you? :scratch:

Find the quote where he said the Raptors were a super team. It doesn't take a super team to be better than the Pacers.

The rest of your post has absolutely nothing to do with what you quoted.

And you wonder why everyone thinks you're a moron.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll give Toronto credit for being one of the more solid NBA franchises over the last five years and Massai Ujiri as one of the best GM's in our game today. But, Kyle Lowry is getting older and it's still questionable if DeMar DeRozan is a true franchise player. Both players more often than not fold like cheap tents in the playoffs. Hell, we even took them to seven games with one of our more poorly initiated offenses of all-time.

You go ahead & give the Raptors credit. I'm gonna give Paul George credit for getting the fuck outta Indiana.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Where the fuck did I say Toronto was a super team, you illiterate simp?

If you looked at the premise of my statement, it's that the Pacers aren't a good team in general and have no way of attracting prime free agents. Oladipo and Turner aren't getting guys like Kawhi, Boogie, etc. through that door. You have to have a GM like the Thunder do with Presti to make up for the fact that you're not a desirable location. On top of that, the Pacers are an average team and will be stuck in mediocrity.

Also, DeRozan's a good player. Your pointless pandering trying to convince everyone else that he isn't is very transparent.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You go ahead & give the Raptors credit. I'm gonna give Paul George credit for getting the fuck outta Indiana.

Weak ass response...

The Pacers this season are on pace to have a better record than the team with George last year had.

You think maybe, just maybe, that George was a significant part of the problem? :scratch:

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where the fuck did I say Toronto was a super team, you illiterate simp?

If you looked at the premise of my statement, it's that the Pacers aren't a good team in general and have no way of attracting prime free agents. Oladipo and Turner aren't getting guys like Kawhi, Boogie, etc. through that door. You have to have a GM like the Thunder do with Presti to make up for the fact that you're not a desirable location. On top of that, the Pacers are an average team and will be stuck in mediocrity.

Also, DeRozan's a good player. Your pointless pandering trying to convince everyone else that he isn't is very transparent.

Well thank God we aren't getting Boogie. The guy is what, 28 years old and never been to the playoffs? That won't change this year with Nikola Mirotic replacing him in New Orleans while he's out...

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well thank God we aren't getting Boogie. The guy is what, 28 years old and never been to the playoffs? That won't change this year with Nikola Mirotic replacing him in New Orleans while he's out...

Guess we'll forget that he's been on the Browns equivalent franchise of the NFL. If he stayed healthy, he was going to go to the playoffs this year. Again, where did I call the Raptors a super team, hoe?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What part of "when the time is right" is too difficult for you to comprehend? You were one who wasn't a fan of the McMillan hiring in the first place. You want to go back on your word now?

And the reason Vogel got let go by us is because he's not a good basketball coach - Not exactly rocket science.

I could care less about McMillan.

My point was that Vogel is and was a solid NBA coach. McMillan is also.

Why the hell would you bring up the possibility of McMillan getting fired if "the time isn't right"?

It isn't like the Pacers have a contending caliber roster. What exactly do you expect?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weak ass response...

The Pacers this season are on pace to have a better record than the team with George last year had.

You think maybe, just maybe, that George was a significant part of the problem? :scratch:

The only problem I see is you.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess we'll forget that he's been on the Browns equivalent franchise of the NFL. If he stayed healthy, he was going to go to the playoffs this year. Again, where did I call the Raptors a super team, hoe?

I just find it incredibly funny that you included the Raptors in your list of teams that we'll "never be able to beat" as if they were some juggernaut, when in fact we took them to seven with probably what was our worst lineup of the last decade.

My whole point was, if we control our own destiny as best as we control it, we'll be fine. The whole notion of that "superstars will only play in big markets" is outdated and a misconcepted one as it is. Because frankly, there aren't many true superstars to go around these days not named LeBron or Durant. And the ones that are (Westbrook, Harden, Anthony Davis, John Wall, and Kyrie Irving) are far more likely to stay with their current teams anyway...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just find it incredibly funny that you included the Raptors in your list of teams that we'll "never be able to beat" as if they were some juggernaut, when in fact we took them to seven with probably what was our worst lineup of the last decade.

My whole point was, if we control our own destiny as best as we control it, we'll be fine. The whole notion of that "superstars will only play in big markets" is outdated and a misconcepted one as it is. Because frankly, there aren't many true superstars to go around these days not named LeBron or Durant. And the ones that are (Westbrook, Harden, Anthony Davis, John Wall, and Kyrie Irving) are far more likely to stay with their current teams anyway...

I think his entire point in mentioning the Raptors is that they AREN'T a juggernaut.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Most of those guys play in big markets, with the exception of Westbrook.

I included the Raptors because they're still a good team with a solid core still together. What's Indiana going to do in the long term? What free agents are coming to Indiana?

That's great you took the Raptors to 7 games in a series (and lost). You can hang it right up to the 2013 ECF where you took Miami to 7 games in that one as well. Great accomplishments all around.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2000's Suns were fun to watch too. Doesn't mean they were EVER contenders.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's great you took the Raptors to 7 games in a series (and lost). You can hang it right up to the 2013 ECF where you took Miami to 7 games in that one as well. Great accomplishments all around.

Best thing about this comment...Cane probably thinks you're praising the Pacers.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weak ass response...

Actually, the Pacers last year at the same point had the same record, 29-24. Year before 28-25. They are treading water. And other things besides George changed as well. The underrated Teague was there as well, remember.

I actually do appreciate your post about your team and your excitement. Everyone expected them to fall apart from the George trade. It is good to see that they were smarter, or luckier, than everyone gave them credit. I expected Olidipo to flourish, but not explode like he has. And, as you point out, they have room to try and get free agents, or take larger salaries in trades. It will still be hard to build, but not collapsing is possibly a good step (though tanking does seem to be a preferred strategy these days).

However, let's not pretend like they have made great strides forward. As shown above, they are exactly where they have been: no better, no worse. Only time can tell if the outcome of the George trade was brilliance or luck. Remember, Dumars was a genius getting RIP and the Wallaces out of previous stars, but quickly fell from grace when he couldn't continue to make great moves. But they did get a ring to show for it. Maybe your guy can pull off another move or two to find the promised land.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I got out of this was that four years after LeBron left and the OP is still obsessed with a certain team in South Florida.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I got out of this was that four years after LeBron left and the OP is still obsessed with a certain team in South Florida.

As I said on another thread, his obsession with the Heat is baffling

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said on another thread, his obsession with the Heat is baffling

I do miss the days when LeBron was there and we had our battles with you and Turnup and some others.

The Cav fans just weren't as much fun. Especially with their group leader writing dissertations and theses and term papers on the subject instead of just knowing how to trash talk.