• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hypothetical Situation..........

What QB Should we Draft?

• Willis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Riddler

• Howell

• Corral

• Total voters

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say We trade Russ and Want to Draft a QB.

Who do you Want?

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d like to trade Russ to Philly for Hurts and their three number ones in the upcoming draft. If this regime is still in charge we don’t draft a QB, just run Jalen and fill the other many holes with all the picks. This regime needs to ground and pound with lockdown D. Draft a LT, DL, and lockdown corner. If all are gone then who knows what we draft, and Hopefully that’s the case. Get me Dan Quinn and go from there.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why flyer said...

But if we do make the huge mistake of being the first NFL franchise to ever trade away a HOF level QB in the prime of his career, I hope it's to the Cowboys since I am moving to the DFW area next year. I would love to be able to keep rooting for him in my local sports market.

So I guess that means I vote for other.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to trade Russ. We need Pete to move on.

Agreed.

A new HC that would probably be good because they know they have Metcalf, Wilson, Lockett, Everett and Adams to work with, is going to be easier to find than a HOF QB.

The team is stacked on offense with receivers, we went out and got more OL, used one of THREE (lol) picks on a WR being our first pick (2nd rounder)... have a HOF QB (yes that was injured granted, but if Wilson is not ready to go, that's on Pete for starting him), and we're the 31st ranked O....

The strength doesn't match the coaching... the only other defensive minded division leading teams are the Titans (who have been going downhill) and the Ravens. BB you could argue is defensive/conservative, but he's also the best scheme/adjustment HC in NFL history.

Last edited:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

A new HC that would probably be good because they know they have Metcalf, Wilson, Lockett, Everett and Adams to work with, is going to be easier to find than a HOF QB.

Yeah.

Not that I needed to see this to know how stuck in the past Pete is but they showed a graphic last night that the Seahaws were dead last in going for it on 4th down in the NFL and were one of only 2 teams that had not tried a single 2 point conversion all year.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No on trading Russ cause you don't trade a top 5 QB. Pete needs to go and get a fresh scheme implemented. Yes the FO doesn't have a first but they'll have a high 2nd round pick who should be able to slot right into a starting lineup.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if Seattle would go for Eric Bienemy? Offensive minded, spent time under the best offensive minded coach in NFL history... and wouldn't we get a diversity draft pick or something?

bstoves24

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,316.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either Russell Wilson or Pete Carroll/John Schneider need to go. This current situation is broken beyond repair and Jody Allen senses things just aren't working.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either Russell Wilson or Pete Carroll/John Schneider need to go. This current situation is broken beyond repair and Jody Allen senses things just aren't working.

IMO it's Carroll....

I'm sure there will be many coaches jumping at the chance to come in and coach a HOF QB... it's FAR harder to find a HOF QB than a competent head coach.... go get Bienemy out of KC in the offseason. Wilson was SUPPOSED to come back around this week. Mallet finger is a 6 week injury (not 5) and for a QB it probably should take another 2-3....

We'll see how he does today, but if he gets back to his old form by season end, Carroll is absolutely the one you let go. In Carroll's defense the secondary has played pretty well this season, it's the linebackers that are getting torched 24/7, but yah... Carroll has zero vision for the offense and his style is 100% out-dated as it needs a running game (we don't have, could argue injuries, but they signed an injury prone RB in Carson) and an elite defense/pass rush (we don't have it).

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carroll is 70 years old. If we have to choose between a 70 year old coach who has shown numerous signs that the game has passed him by, and a Hall of Fame QB in his prime, then there is no choice.

Of course I've been saying this since the Russ dust-up in the spring.

The big question is whether we get rid of John Schneider as well.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schneider should be as culpable as PC at this point. He has at least as much responsibility for the draft failures as Pete, if not more.

Reactions: MrS

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Russell Wilson is going to want to be traded no matter if Pete Carroll/ John Schneider are there or not. Why? Because the whole OL needs to be rebuilt, new stud RBs are needed and the defense need holes filled and the Seahawks don't even have a first next season and 44 million in cap space is peanuts considering the size of players contracts now a days and the holes the Seahawks have. Russell understands that his days of being effective are dwindling and facing more of the same isn't going to be appealing to him.
The Seahawks been held together with duct tape for some time and frankly RW play the last half of 2020 season and his play this season is not that of an elite QB in his prime. In fact it's been god awful. No longer can he scramble around then find a open receiver, now when he scrambles it's 50/50 he gets sacked for even a bigger lose. He is like a fast ball pitcher that has lost enough on his fast ball that hitters are hitting home runs off him. His cap hit next season is $37 million, 40 million the following year. Consider that and think about RW declining play this season and last.
Firing the coaching staff and front office does nothing to change the fact that the Seahawks have a plethora of holes in the roster and no obvious way of fixing it other then a full rebuild that going to take a few years to come to fruition ( if it is even a success, no guarantee that it works).
Damn it's hard to accept a rebuild that may not even be successful. The alternative I guess would be to restructure as many contracts as possible to give the Seahawks more cap space in the short run ( and pay for it later) and trade way more future draft picks for vets that can fill holes in order to make one more run maybe? Or do nothing ( other then change the staff) and end up repeating 2021 in 2022.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Russell Wilson is going to want to be traded no matter if Pete Carroll/ John Schneider are there or not. Why? Because the whole OL needs to be rebuilt, new stud RBs are needed and the defense need holes filled and the Seahawks don't even have a first next season and 44 million in cap space is peanuts considering the size of players contracts now a days and the holes the Seahawks have. Russell understands that his days of being effective are dwindling and facing more of the same isn't going to be appealing to him.
The Seahawks been held together with duct tape for some time and frankly RW play the last half of 2020 season and his play this season is not that of an elite QB in his prime. In fact it's been god awful. No longer can he scramble around then find a open receiver, now when he scrambles it's 50/50 he gets sacked for even a bigger lose. He is like a fast ball pitcher that has lost enough on his fast ball that hitters are hitting home runs off him. His cap hit next season is $37 million, 40 million the following year. Consider that and think about RW declining play this season and last.
Firing the coaching staff and front office does nothing to change the fact that the Seahawks have a plethora of holes in the roster and no obvious way of fixing it other then a full rebuild that going to take a few years to come to fruition ( if it is even a success, no guarantee that it works).
Damn it's hard to accept a rebuild that may not even be successful. The alternative I guess would be to restructure as many contracts as possible to give the Seahawks more cap space in the short run ( and pay for it later) and trade way more future draft picks for vets that can fill holes in order to make one more run maybe? Or do nothing ( other then change the staff) and end up repeating 2021 in 2022.

It's not like he would be traded to a team that is just a Russ Wilson away from winning a Super Bowl. He'll be traded to the Giants or the Panthers or the Raiders or a team like that which has more problems than just QB and offensive lines that are suspect.

Russ hasn't played well since the injury but he was playing just fine before that. The complete lack of a running game was the real problem.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schneider should be as culpable as PC at this point. He has at least as much responsibility for the draft failures as Pete, if not more.
But do we really know how much power JS has? Seems to me Pete has final say.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But do we really know how much power JS has? Seems to me Pete has final say.

That's always been my understanding. Schneider made some great moves early on his time with Seattle, but I think ever since he resigned he's basically mailed it in and Pete just does everything or overrides the decision.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's always been my understanding. Schneider made some great moves early on his time with Seattle, but I think ever since he resigned he's basically mailed it in and Pete just does everything or overrides the decision.
I'm getting the feeling Pete overrides the decisions.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm getting the feeling Pete overrides the decisions.

Yah I mean from my end it's a "I think" or "Believe/feel", obviously I don't work for the Seahawks or have any knowledge of how they run their FO, but at least as of the last 5 or so years, that's how it's struck me. I think when Carroll resigned they gave him pretty much free reign given his track record...

There was a lot of good signings/trades that Seattle made early on though that I believe were 100% Schneider. Now it seems like we overpay everyone with ZERO bargain deals, make very few bargain splashes in free agency, and trade WAY too much capital for guys that are... eh?

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a good question, and essentially the same one we have had regarding the PC/O coordinator relationship. I would disregard the "PC is overriding other's decisions" theme as speculation except that we now have more than one possible example. Therefore it certainly is a possibility that it is PC micromanaging and unwilling to relinquish any power. If that is the case then he does need to go asap.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah I mean from my end it's a "I think" or "Believe/feel", obviously I don't work for the Seahawks or have any knowledge of how they run their FO, but at least as of the last 5 or so years, that's how it's struck me. I think when Carroll resigned they gave him pretty much free reign given his track record...

There was a lot of good signings/trades that Seattle made early on though that I believe were 100% Schneider. Now it seems like we overpay everyone with ZERO bargain deals, make very few bargain splashes in free agency, and trade WAY too much capital for guys that are... eh?
It seems like it after the SB year when things started with a downward trend and haven't recovered.