• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hypothetical Situation..........

What QB Should we Draft?

• Willis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Riddler

• Howell

• Corral

• Total voters

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its all speculation, but id rather assume schneider is culpable than let him stay and continue to make bad moves.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pure speculation. We, the fanbase as a whole, are not privy to the power structure of the organization. It is possible PC makes the calls but it supposedly was equal early on (as per their own statements), and there has been no definitive evidence to show that has changed.

Pete always had final say. But we don't know how involved he has been in the player selections.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going full rebuild makes absolutely no sense when you have Wilson.
Unless you feel he's declining. I have some concerns about that based on how much he depended on being mobile and how being 34 next season ( he's certainly has looked a bit slower yearly for the last few years in my eyes ) and being dependent on the OL pass blocking which has never been stellar.
Getting a new coach and/or new GM doesn't require a full rebuild and in fact I would imagine any new coach would demand that Wilson stays.
Getting a new coach or GM doesn't change the fact that the roster is a mess and with limited means to improve the roster at least for 2022. While a new staff should like having RW on the roster they are also having to look at what the options are to improving the roster given the number of FAs and no first round pick which normally has the best chance to contribute quickly. 56 million is simply not enough when you need to sign 30 or more ( depending on cap causalities ) unless one was to think continuing to grab players from the bargain bin like they have been is a workable plan ( I don't)

Last edited:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete always had final say. But we don't know how involved he has been in the player selections.
We don't know, however common sense should point to the GM and scouting staff being the ones traveling to college games, reviewing video while Pete is coaching the players from the time the rookie arrives to the end of the season ( and up till this season that included the playoffs). Yes he has final say but he's dependent on the front office to a large degree.

Reactions: MrS

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless you feel he's declining. I have some concerns about that based on how much he depended on being mobile and how being 34 next season ( he's certainly has looked a bit slower yearly for the last few years in my eyes ) and being dependent on the OL pass blocking which has never been stellar.

Getting a new coach or GM doesn't change the fact that the roster is a mess and with limited means to improve the roster at least for 2022. While a new staff should like having RW on the roster they are also having to look at what the options are to improving the roster given the number of FAs and no first round pick which normally has the best chance to contribute quickly. 56 million is simply not enough when you need to sign 30 or more ( depending on cap causalities ) unless one was to think continuing to grab players from the bargain bin like they have been is a workable plan ( I don't)

Restructure Bobby's contract and we have 70+ million. Furthermore we have 24 pending free agents which includes guys like Nigel Warrior and Marcus Webb. We have 10 guys that are RFAs. We have about 15 guys we would want to bring back.

It's possible that Wilson is on the downslope. It's possible he's done being an elite QB. I think both are unlikely. But regardless the odds of getting back to being good with Wilson are DRAMATICALLY better than a full rebuild. A full rebuild is a lottery ticket. And the odds are very bad that you will get back to where we were last year much less a Super Bowl for 5+ years.

Not sure why people think the cap is such a problem for the Hawks this year. We are in vastly better shape this year than the past few years.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember it was last year or the year before, the talking heads were bringing up how to help the Seahawks and they had a huge discussion of how teams were willing to trade capital, Early round picks for JS. Wish they would have done it because I don't think the marriage between PC and JS is working anymore.