• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Howard Did Not Want To Play With D'antoni Or Kobe

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way you fucking morons - the Lakers are not going to traded or amnesty Kobe - the fact that the Lakers sworn enemies wants to see Kobe traded is enough for them to know that your suggestion on this matter is completely retarded

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way you fucking morons - the Lakers are not going to traded or amnesty Kobe - the fact that the Lakers sworn enemies wants to see Kobe traded is enough for them to know that your suggestion on this matter is completely retarded

They couldn't if they wanted to.
You could only amnesty 1 player per per team under the new CBA.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They couldn't if they wanted to.
You could only amnesty 1 player per per team under the new CBA.

Everyone in the entire NBA including the fans already knows that the Lakers are neither going to trade or amnesty Kobe Bryant. My feeling was that if you knew Kobe wouldn't be able to play until Feb or Mar of next year, then amnesty him in time for the 2014 season then sign him back again, but Kobe is ahead of schedule and will most likely be on the floor playing in November.

The truth is the only ones wanting Kobe amnestied are enemies of the L.A. Lakers - so their opinions are completely irrelevant to any intelligent conversation:10:

Crotchrocker

Dominant Species
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I forgot they amnestied Artest already. Too bad they used it on the wrong player. Word.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I forgot they amnestied Artest already. Too bad they used it on the wrong player. Word.

Not when you consider how many tickets Kobe sells nationwide in virtually every single arena in the NBA. Perhaps you haven't noticed but the only time many of the small markets teams sells out to full capacity is when the Lakers show up - specifically Kobe Bryant. This is a business my friend. Keeping Kobe is good business for the Lakers championship or no championship

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love these pinhead fans of other teams that think they have "inside info." on the Lakers!!:lol:

Really I think we are just laughing about the fact that Kobe would not be a Laker if LBJ gave the say so and then thinking about the Sman suicide watch is quite hilarious...not to make light of such matters.

Yeah, which means that he can't be traded this season unless he approves of the trade. It also means that if he doesn't like what the Lakers offer after this season, he can sign someplace else as a free agent!!

Either way, he doesn't get traded!!

Fair enough not traded but the point is that if LBJ wanted to go to LA in the 2014 offseason and the stipulation was that Kobe was out it would be done.

I saw it myself - that's good enough for me to call him a thug.

I figured it would be a response like this, not sure why I asked.

sworn enemies? who? I do not have a sworn enemy or even an enemy, let alone the Laker organization. If you are referring to the Heat I am sure they probably want the Lakers to offer a lengthy contract to Kobe so LBJ will NOT go there.

Last edited by a moderator:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone in the entire NBA including the fans already knows that the Lakers are neither going to trade or amnesty Kobe Bryant. My feeling was that if you knew Kobe wouldn't be able to play until Feb or Mar of next year, then amnesty him in time for the 2014 season then sign him back again, but Kobe is ahead of schedule and will most likely be on the floor playing in November.

The truth is the only ones wanting Kobe amnestied are enemies of the L.A. Lakers - so their opinions are completely irrelevant to any intelligent conversation:10:

My opinion was they (team/Kobe) should have mutually agreed to be amnestied this year.

It would have saved them a ton of $$ in a projected down year.

It would have given Kobe a complete year of rest, needed or not.

Plus, the decision had to be made in July, so there was no true test to know Kobes recovery progress.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion was they (team/Kobe) should have mutually agreed to be amnestied this year.

Plus, the decision had to be made in July, so there was no true test to know Kobes recovery progress.

If Kobe plays - then you're wrong as usual because Kobe Bryant sells tickets to the capacity in every arena - Not that many goes to see the rest of those players. Kobe Bryant ='s money for every owner

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kobe plays - then you're wrong as usual because Kobe Bryant sells tickets to the capacity in every arena - Not that many goes to see the rest of those players. Kobe Bryant ='s money for every owner

I know Kobe's value league wide.

My points were based on extending his career and allowing his career to possibly end on a contender.

The Lakers will blow this year. Probably wont make the playoffs.
IF Kobe is playing on that type of team, he will become frustrated and try to become a super hero again.

I hardly think the Lakers or their fans give 2 craps about the owners of other teams selling tickets.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My points were based on extending his career and allowing his career to possibly end on a contender.

IF Kobe is playing on that type of team, he will become frustrated and try to become a super hero again.

I hardly think the Lakers or their fans give 2 craps about the owners of other teams selling tickets.

You don't know that - everyone thought the Spurs would suck and they came within 15 seconds of asswhipping the Miami Heat. If not for a miracle shot made on a hail Mary, the Spurs would have been the champions.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're missing the point - the fans nationwide aren't coming because they want to see Jeannie Buss and envision her naked(that would be a nice picture by the way). They come to see the Lakers. When Kobe retires, the Lakers will need another big ticket name to replace him. It's called Marketing

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't know that - everyone thought the Spurs would suck and they came within 15 seconds of asswhipping the Miami Heat. If not for a miracle shot made on a hail Mary, the Spurs would have been the champions.

I certainly didn't think the Spurs were going to suck, nor did I ever hear anyone say that.

I have Spurs top 1-3 again this year in the West. Same as last year.

The Spurs have a loaded deep roster, and a great coach.

The Lakers are the opposite. You have Kobe coming off surgery, a lame duck Gasol, and a 40 year old PG as your best 3 players in a loaded WC.

You are 3 rd at best in your own division.
Good luck with all that!:suds:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're missing the point - the fans nationwide aren't coming because they want to see Jeannie Buss and envision her naked(that would be a nice picture by the way). They come to see the Lakers. When Kobe retires, the Lakers will need another big ticket name to replace him. It's called Marketing

They had one, who might have stuck around if you didn't have this one!

You guys are staring at Kevin Love ( or similar).

Maybe hang some James banners all over Staples on Christmas Day:lol:

Keep living that pipe dream!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really I think we are just laughing about the fact that Kobe would not be a Laker if LBJ gave the say so and then thinking about the Sman suicide watch is quite hilarious...not to make light of such matters.

Yeah, just having some fun!! I think there are a few Lakers fans who would be interested in seeing sman's reaction!!:lol:

Fair enough not traded but the point is that if LBJ wanted to go to LA in the 2014 offseason and the stipulation was that Kobe was out it would be done.

I would certainly hope so!! As great as Kobe has been, he's 35!! Lebron is the best player on the planet!! Seems like a no-brainer!!

I figured it would be a response like this, not sure why I asked.

'Melo is a ballstopper, but he's no thug (he's not tough enough)!!

sworn enemies? who? I do not have a sworn enemy or even an enemy, let alone the Laker organization. If you are referring to the Heat I am sure they probably want the Lakers to offer a lengthy contract to Kobe so LBJ will NOT go there.

Here's a question: Why do Heat fans seem to assume that if Lebron became a Laker, it would be with the stipulation that Kobe is gone? Kobe's 35 and even if he comes back 100%, he only has a couple of seasons left. If Lebron felt that joining the Lakers was the best move for him, why would he care about playing a couple of season's with Kobe?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And if memory serves, you were among the first to present this as an option!!

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a question: Why do Heat fans seem to assume that if Lebron became a Laker, it would be with the stipulation that Kobe is gone? Kobe's 35 and even if he comes back 100%, he only has a couple of seasons left. If Lebron felt that joining the Lakers was the best move for him, why would he care about playing a couple of season's with Kobe?

James wants to retire as the GOAT.
Ring count always enters that equation.
James doesn't need Kobe to win.
Why would he help him up his count?

He would much rather let his best friend Wade reap the rewards.:yahoo:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if memory serves, you were among the first to present this as an option!!

Yep. That was my opinion since day 1.
I never said or thought that it would happen though.

I understand the other side of the argument.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be fair, no one has ever thought the Spurs would suck. At least that I've seen. I've heard people say that they're not a true contender, but not that they just blow like the Lakers potentially will. Everyone just thought there title hopes were finished. That's a big disparity from having your potential title window closed as opposed to not even being able to make the playoffs.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James wants to retire as the GOAT.
Ring count always enters that equation.
James doesn't need Kobe to win.
Why would he help him up his count?

He would much rather let his best friend Wade reap the rewards.:yahoo:

If Lebron wants to be the GOAT he doesn't need to worry about Kobe, he needs to worry about MJ or imo, Magic Johnson!!

Kobe will be gone in 3 years or less, Lebron has plenty of time after Kobe retires to catch/pass him in ring counts. If Lebron feels that the Lakers are his best option, I seriously doubt that he cares who is on the team as long as they can help him win titles!!

Lebron doesn't need D-Wade or Bosh either, he just needs players who can play at a high level. That can be any of a multitude of players, including Kobe!!

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly didn't think the Spurs were going to suck, nor did I ever hear anyone say that.

I have Spurs top 1-3 again this year in the West. Same as last year.

The Spurs have a loaded deep roster, and a great coach.

The Lakers are the opposite. You have Kobe coming off surgery, a lame duck Gasol, and a 40 year old PG as your best 3 players in a loaded WC.

You are 3 rd at best in your own division.
Good luck with all that!:suds:

The Lakers are a long ways from the opposite if both Kobe and Gasol are healthy and ready to play - That's all it took for them to win their first championship together because Bynum did nothing for the Lakers against Orlando - so once again you don't know what youre talking about. Gasol wasn't healthy because he played in the Olympics. With the proper rest and recovery I expect him to be 100% - especially now that Dwightmare is over with and no one heals or recovers like Kobe so you're full of shit on that one as well