• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Howard Did Not Want To Play With D'antoni Or Kobe

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you missed your boy Magic recently tweeting:

"NBA Championship rings are all that matter; Jordan 6, Me 5, Bird 3, LeBron 2 and Dr. J 1."

That was his reply to LeBron leaving him off his top 3 all-time list.

Who knew Magic considers Adam Morrison better than Ewing, The Mailman, Barkley etc...etc..

Why did he leave Russell, Sam Jones, Havlicek, Horry and Kareem off his list? They all have more rings than him?

Magic Johnson fires back at LeBron for not having him in top three | ProBasketballTalk

Besides, The only thing Kobe has on James is being able to score from more areas on the court. The rest James > Kobe.

Kobe has 2 "as the go to guy" rings.....just like James currently has.

I take it back, this is the dumbest thing ever posted!!

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Rings are all that matters" = Morrison > Ewing......Sam Jones > whoever else has less that 10 rings because "rings are all that matters"

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Rings are all that matters" = Morrison > Ewing......Sam Jones > whoever else has less that 10 rings because "rings are all that matters"

Just keeps digging that hole deeper and deeper!!

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure Magic meant that in the context of comparing all time greats.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take it back, this is the dumbest thing ever posted!!

What else would you expect out of Jim Doors?

What happens is that Magic Johnson or some one makes a statement and then idiots like Jim takes it completely out of text. As I said before Magic Johnson wasn't trying to compare Adam Morrison with some of those players that never won a championship. Some one like Malone or Stocton for example. What Magic was saying is that when you compare an elite player to another elite player such as Lebron vs Kobe, Kobe vs Michael Jordan, the only thing that is going to be remembered or considered is the number of championships. In here, however those that insist that Lebron is better then Kobe Bryant; don't want to hear that argument because they realize Lebron might not reach Kobe's number in championships and subsequently: ASSHOLES JUST HAVE TO BE ASSHOLES:laugh3:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What happens is that Magic Johnson or some one makes a statement and then idiots like Jim takes it completely out of text. As I said before Magic Johnson wasn't trying to compare Adam Morrison with some of those players that never won a championship. Some one like Malone or Stocton for example. What Magic was saying is that when you compare an elite player to another elite player such as Lebron vs Kobe, Kobe vs Michael Jordan, the only thing that is going to be remembered or considered is the number of championships. In here, however those that insist that Lebron is better then Kobe Bryant; don't want to hear that argument because they realize Lebron might not reach Kobe's number in championships and subsequently: ASSHOLES JUST HAVE TO BE ASSHOLES:laugh3:[/QUOT

Kobe manipulated (shocker) the draft process and stated his career on a roster that was already a championship contender. Didn't he have 3 rings within his first 6 seasons?

James began his career on the team that had the worst record in the league the previous season.
That team, talent wise, was miles away from just MAKING the playoffs, let alone contending.

The fact that James elevated that roster, at his age, as fast as he did was a bigger statement of talent then anything that Kobe did in his first few seasons in the league.

Anyone with a shred of brain cells would consider that when comparing the careers of the 2.

How many rings do you think Kobe would have if he had started and spent at least his first 7'years with Charlotte?

While Kobe has been on 5 championship teams, he has only been the best player on 2 of those teams.

Could you even try to comprehend what the results would be if James were on a team, in his prime, that had a player on it better then him?

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What happens is that Magic Johnson or some one makes a statement and then idiots like Jim takes it completely out of text. As I said before Magic Johnson wasn't trying to compare Adam Morrison with some of those players that never won a championship. Some one like Malone or Stocton for example. What Magic was saying is that when you compare an elite player to another elite player such as Lebron vs Kobe, Kobe vs Michael Jordan, the only thing that is going to be remembered or considered is the number of championships. In here, however those that insist that Lebron is better then Kobe Bryant; don't want to hear that argument because they realize Lebron might not reach Kobe's number in championships and subsequently: ASSHOLES JUST HAVE TO BE ASSHOLES:laugh3:

1St off it was taken out of context because magic left off kareem, there is no way to take that out of context.

2nd only laker fans think rings are end all be all because kobe will never be considered than lbj otherwise. Lbj at 28 has a better resume and is clearly the better player throughout his career and it is not close.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe goes to cleveland they do not go to the finals, jordan did not do that with a better bulls team and when jordan left the bulls they made the playoffs, lbj leaves that team goes from the best record to worst. That is elevation.

All that is moot because Kareem is GOAT and that is who lbj is chasing.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe goes to cleveland they do not go to the finals, jordan did not do that with a better bulls team and when jordan left the bulls they made the playoffs, lbj leaves that team goes from the best record to worst. That is elevation.

All that is moot because Kareem is GOAT and that is who lbj is chasing.

You forgot the 26-game losing streak.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure Magic meant that in the context of comparing all time greats.
You mean "whatever meet HIS criteria" is what matters. The dude was obviously butt hurt because James left him of the list. Then decides to say something as stupid as "rings are all that matters." Then puts himself 2nd on his own list even though there are others who have more rings than him like Kareem and Russell.

You guys say that LeBron says stupid stuff to the media, but the half retard known as "Magic" takes the cake when it comes to stupidity.

"How dare someone keep me off their list. I'm Magic Fucking Johnson!!!!!!!!!".......:rolleyes2:

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is what happens when you win rings, you get away with saying stupid, arrogant asshole things and belittling those coming after you because you are a tired bitter old man who can not GM/coach/commentate their way out of the lottery contention versions of those things.

Then because you are a public figure morons live on their every word and go bombing innocents in bars just following the orders of skip bayless.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How can "rings are all that matters" be taken out of context?

But what Magic replied to wasn't about _____vs._____. It was about James' top 3 players. Boo fucking Hoo that poor wittle Magic wasn't on it.

Pippen's 6 > Magic

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuel for thought. James IS re writing the record books.

6 straight gms of 30+ pts & shooting 60% or better had never been done before
* Averaging 25pts, 10rbs & 7asts in the Finals had never been done before - Lebron has now done it twice
* Only player in NBA history to post at least 2000 points, 500 rebounds and 500 assists in a season for at least seven seasons.
* Only player in NBA history to average at least 26 points, 6 rebounds and 6 assists for their career.
* Only player in NBA history to post at least 2000 points, 500 rebounds, 500 assists and 100 steals in four straight seasons.
* 1st forward in NBA history to average more than 8.0 assists per game (2009–2010).
* 1st player in NBA History with at least 1 triple-double in 3 consecutive NBA Finals.
* One of two players in NBA history to win Regular Season MVP, Finals MVP, an NBA Championship and an Olympic Gold Medal in the same year.
* He has about 15 'Youngest Player Ever To...' records

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What happens is that Magic Johnson or some one makes a statement and then idiots like Jim takes it completely out of text. As I said before Magic Johnson wasn't trying to compare Adam Morrison with some of those players that never won a championship. Some one like Malone or Stocton for example. What Magic was saying is that when you compare an elite player to another elite player such as Lebron vs Kobe, Kobe vs Michael Jordan, the only thing that is going to be remembered or considered is the number of championships. In here, however those that insist that Lebron is better then Kobe Bryant; don't want to hear that argument because they realize Lebron might not reach Kobe's number in championships and subsequently: ASSHOLES JUST HAVE TO BE ASSHOLES:laugh3:[/QUOT

Kobe manipulated (shocker) the draft process and started his career on a roster that was already a championship contender. Didn't he have 3 rings within his first 6 seasons?

James began his career on the team that had the worst record in the league the previous season.
That team, talent wise, was miles away from just MAKING the playoffs, let alone contending.

The fact that James elevated that roster, at his age, as fast as he did was a bigger statement of talent then anything that Kobe did in his first few seasons in the league.

Anyone with a shred of brain cells would consider that when comparing the careers of the 2.

How many rings do you think Kobe would have if he had started and spent at least his first 7'years with Charlotte?

While Kobe has been on 5 championship teams, he has only been the best player on 2 of those teams.

Could you even try to comprehend what the results would be if James were on a team, in his prime, that had a player on it better then him?

The 1995-96 (the year before Kobe was drafted) Lakers were 53-29, finished 2nd in their division and lost in the 1st round of the playoffs 3-1!! They were hardly championship contenders. They put themselves in the title mix that off-season by signing Shaq and drafting Kobe!! It still took them 4 years to win their 1st title when Phil Jackson was hired as coach in 2000!!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1St off it was taken out of context because magic left off kareem, there is no way to take that out of context.

2nd only laker fans think rings are end all be all because kobe will never be considered than lbj otherwise. Lbj at 28 has a better resume and is clearly the better player throughout his career and it is not close.

Uh, last I heard, Michael Jordan was never a Laker or Lakers fan and he says it's about rings. So does Larry Bird.

Also, many players who don't have rings (Charles Barkley, Karl Malone, etc.) also agree it's about rings!! No problem if you want to make the claim that LBJ is better than Kobe, but don't make crap up and pretend it's only Lakers fans that say it's about rings!!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean "whatever meet HIS criteria" is what matters. The dude was obviously butt hurt because James left him of the list. Then decides to say something as stupid as "rings are all that matters." Then puts himself 2nd on his own list even though there are others who have more rings than him like Kareem and Russell.

You guys say that LeBron says stupid stuff to the media, but the half retard known as "Magic" takes the cake when it comes to stupidity.

"How dare someone keep me off their list. I'm Magic Fucking Johnson!!!!!!!!!".......:rolleyes2:

Thank God you're here to tell us all what Magic is butthurt about!! Btw, Magic listed it the same way MJ does and I don't see you crying about MJ!!

But then again, MJ wasn't a Laker!!

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 1995-96 (the year before Kobe was drafted) Lakers were 53-29, finished 2nd in their division and lost in the 1st round of the playoffs 3-1!! They were hardly championship contenders

Well, it's a hell of a a lot closer then having the worst record in the league.

They put themselves in the title mix that off-season by signing Shaq and drafting Kobe!! It still took them 4 years to win their 1st title when Phil Jackson was hired as coach in 2000!!

And you call THAT an endorsement for Kobe over James:lol:

James/Shaq would have brought titles with that supporting cast more then likely in years 1 or 2!

Last edited by a moderator:

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic did retire early, he could have seen a couple more titles.

Everyone wants to say LeBron has won as many as Kobe, 5 > 2. They should be pointing out the fact that LeBron's already lost as many Finals as Kobe has in his entire career. I'm just not seeing LeBron beat out Kobe in rings.

Last edited by a moderator: