• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Howard Did Not Want To Play With D'antoni Or Kobe

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't understand why so much attention is being given to Carmello Anthony - He is a ballhog, plays no defense and plays like a thug. It makes me sick to my stomach at the thought of the Lakers trying to get him next year

I only mentioned him, because I put him in the same sentence as the other players who jerked their current team around while under contract.

Also, what does "play like a thug" mean?

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwight is not the first superstar to choose to leave the Lakers (Shaq) and he
won't be the last.

I said Dwight was the first true superstar in his absolute prime to voluntarily leave the Lakers for 30 millions dollars less money.

That has never happened to the Lakers at this level. Players should want to come to LA for less money not leave LA for less money.

It is a troublesome sign that needed spin control.

Shaq was not a 27 year old in his prime. He was 33 and past his prime.

Shaq did not leave LA to take 30 million dollars less. He was traded.

Plus, Shaq got paid more by Miami thanks to the trade as the Heat were willing to extend him while Los Angeles refused to extend him. He left LA for more money.

PArt of the reason he was traded was that LA did not want to pay him.

Howard is younger and took a pay cut.

It is not really the same thing at all.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only mentioned him, because I put him in the same sentence as the other players who jerked their current team around while under contract.

Also, what does "play like a thug" mean?

In several cases he intentionally tried to trip Kobe Bryant and make him fall. The only thing is that it backfired because Kobe was so much stronger then him and he ended up with a sprained ankle for a couple of weeks.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said Dwight was the first true superstar in his absolute prime to voluntarily leave the Lakers for 30 millions dollars less money.

That has never happened to the Lakers at this level. Players should want to come to LA for less money not leave LA for less money.

Plus, Shaq got paid more by Miami thanks to the trade as the Heat were willing to extend him while Los Angeles refused to extend him. He left LA for more money.

Shaq did leave Los Angeles on his own accord though because Shaq Oneal demanded a trade and he sent his agents into the front office and had them dictate what teams he would allow them to be traded too and for the record - He left Los Angeles for less money in the long run because in that summer before the trade he wanted a contract extension for 30 million a year. Dr. Jerry Buss rejected that offer and explained several years ago that because Shaq was declining as a player, he was not worth more money - I think Shaq was getting about 24 oe 25 million a year at the time. Shaq in the end agreed to 20 million a year/3 years or something like that which was about 5 million a year less then what the Lakers offered him.

I disagree on Howard took a pay cut. If he gets injured it could work out that way, but if he stays healthy he will still get the same amount it's just that he is gambling on staying healthy by going to the Rockets where the Lakers could have given him one more year of guaranteed salary

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seriously?!? Shaq was traded because he wanted out and had become a problem because of it. So yes, Shaq walked away from alot of money with the Lakers and from a championship caliber team. If Shaq had not forced the Lakers hand, he would not have been traded.

Dwight didn't have to be traded because he was a free agent. No matter how you slice it, both left because they wanted to leave.

So it's much more the same than you want to think!!

Additionally, it's a bit of a myth that Dwight took less money!! The Rockets couldn't sign him for as many years as the Lakers. If Dwight stays healthy, he'll make up that money when the Rockets extend his contract in a couple of years.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you should do the same?

According to Frank Isola of the New York Daily News, Timofey Mozgov may be included, but nothing is a done deal yet.

The Nuggets play their next game on Tuesday, Feb. 22 against the Memphis Grizzlies. While 'Melo said during the All-Star Game that he plans on being in a Nuggets uniform on Tuesday, it may no longer be the case.
The All-star game was Feb.20th that year. The trade deadline was the next day. Melo saying what he said implies that "unless I'm traded I'll still be in a Nuggets uniform. There's nothing else he can say other than "I plan on it"

He didn't care about Denver's offer other than to use it as leverage against NY.
If he just left after the season as a FA, his contract would have been for substantially less

Dude, you're talking out of your ass. If someone's going to use something for leverage, then that means they're trying to get more of that something. Meaning "if you want me bad enough (NY), then you're going to pay me more than the 3yr 65mil that Denver is offering. That never happened.

After checking, he still had 1yr remaining on his deal with Denver. So in reality, whatever he would have made if not opting out of Denver is what he made for the 2011-2012 season in NY. His 3yr extension didn't kick in until the following season. To say his FA contract would have been "substantially less" on the FA market is pure speculation. Especially when you have bozo's, who can't score, like Tyson Chandler making 15mil

As far as him meeting with other teams.....I did not know he did because too me, that's a clear violation.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I should say I told you so?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The All-star game was Feb.20th that year. The trade deadline was the next day. Melo saying what he said implies that "unless I'm traded I'll still be in a Nuggets uniform. There's nothing else he can say other than "I plan on it"

"Implies"? He had been through the meetings. He knew he was done in Denver. It was just another lie. No different then when he said he wasn't going to meet with teams knowing full well he was.
Look, I don't give a shit about Anthony, the Nuggets, the Knicks or really any other part of his saga.
My point about him is that he was a huge distraction to the Nuggets in several ways and he is an example of how a player who wants out of a contract/situation can bully a team into getting their way.

You are the one who wrote: "Carmelo never "forced his way." "

People looking to stay where they are don't turn down $65M, don't say the things he was saying, and don't meet with other teams during the all star break/right before the trade deadline. He wanted out, and he wanted to be in NY. It was painfully obvious.

Dude, you're talking out of your ass. If someone's going to use something for leverage, then that means they're trying to get more of that something. Meaning "if you want me bad enough (NY), then you're going to pay me more than the 3yr 65mil that Denver is offering. That never happened.

After checking, he still had 1yr remaining on his deal with Denver. So in reality, whatever he would have made if not opting out of Denver is what he made for the 2011-2012 season in NY. His 3yr extension didn't kick in until the following season. To say his FA contract would have been "substantially less" on the FA market is pure speculation. Especially when you have bozo's, who can't score, like Tyson Chandler making 15mil

I didn't even know he had another year left, which IMO even makes him a bigger douche.
Did he even have an opt out?

As far as the money, it has nothing to do with speculating as to what somebody might or might not offer.
What is fact is that if his current contract would have expired and he would have walked away as a FA like Howard just did, his new contract would have been substantially less then him signing an extension to a current contract and then executing a sign and trade.

As far as him meeting with other teams.....I did not know he did because too me, that's a clear violation.

No doubt, but Denver probably didn't make an issue over it because they knew he had to go.
Google that time frame in the Nuggets season.
Like I said, he was as big of a distraction as I can ever remember.
Several other players on the team were named as throw ins.
How about Billups?

When that stuff is going on, these players become pawns who have no idea where they might be playing in a week, let alone the worry about family relocation, etc..

Yes. All of that stuff comes with the business, but to say "not at all" when I say he was a distraction is not accurate.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Horn Stampede continues to post logic on this worn out subject. Once again, why wont the lakers just shut up, and why wont the fans just move on. For some reason, I am finding myself thinking Howard is super intelligent to get away from the NY Jets like saga here. Every week another laker spin starts. Next we will see Posters up in LA stating Howard was scene with Odom in the hotel room.

Get mad at Kupchak, or the Buss's. They need parenting

Crotchrocker

Dominant Species
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should amnesty Bryant and they never should've hired 'Antoni to begin with. Word.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
amnestying kobe means you still pay him. now extending him at some 30 million per year is gonna show how stupid they got in LA. Kobe said he is not gonna take a pay cut and wants three more years. They will never be able to build a team around him taking up more than half of the salary cap. LA is still the place to play, but seems thats with the clippers now and until kobe leaves.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet if Lebron wants to come to LA they wont have a problem amnestying Kobe. Howard apparently didnt have enough juice. That would be the ultimate dagger in the heart for Sman. Oh wait I forgot they used it up on MWP.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In several cases he intentionally tried to trip Kobe Bryant and make him fall. The only thing is that it backfired because Kobe was so much stronger then him and he ended up with a sprained ankle for a couple of weeks.

Video? Or an article about this?

I bet if Lebron wants to come to LA they wont have a problem amnestying Kobe. Howard apparently didnt have enough juice. That would be the ultimate dagger in the heart for Sman. Oh wait I forgot they used it up on MWP.

Kobe would be traded in a minute for nothing. You have to wonder what would happen to Sman?

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
amnestying kobe means you still pay him. now extending him at some 30 million per year is gonna show how stupid they got in LA. Kobe said he is not gonna take a pay cut and wants three more years. They will never be able to build a team around him taking up more than half of the salary cap. LA is still the place to play, but seems thats with the clippers now and until kobe leaves.

That's not what he said. The Lakers won't be paying him nowhere near $30 million anymore.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe would be traded in a minute for nothing. You have to wonder what would
happen to Sman?

Kobe has a no trade clause. Any trading power is with him, not the organization.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's not what he said. The Lakers won't be paying him nowhere near $30 million anymore.

Kobe would be traded in a minute for nothing. You have to wonder what would happen to Sman?

Kobe has a no trade clause. Any trading power is with him, not the organization.

Gotta love these pinhead fans of other teams that think they have "inside info." on the Lakers!!:lol:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In his current contract but his last year on his contract is this year right?

Yeah, which means that he can't be traded this season unless he approves of the trade. It also means that if he doesn't like what the Lakers offer after this season, he can sign someplace else as a free agent!!

Either way, he doesn't get traded!!

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Video? Or an article about this?

I saw it myself - that's good enough for me to call him a thug.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love these pinhead fans of other teams that think they have "inside info." on the Lakers!!:lol:
That's okay we pinhead fans think you're pretty fuckin stupid yourself(not to mention a complete jackass) :laugh3: