• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gruden is an asshole

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watched Grudens press conference. A reporter asked about the 4th down play. He said b/c it was only 1 yard I went for it. If it was more I would of kicked the Fg. IT doesn't frigin matter how short it was!!! It was a 2 possession game. You needed points there. Unbelievable.

Even if it converts no guarantee for TD. It was a two score game. Of course the decision backfires b/c we got the ball back and would have been down by 8 with plenty of time to tie it.

Im disgusted with the decisions today.

Going for it on 4th and not making it wasnt what killed us today.

Giving up 5 TDs and Norman getting beat like a drum. Cousins throwing an INT shortly after we got behind in the score. WR's treating the football like and STD (something you dont really want to catch)..... these were all much more the problem than going for it on 4th and failing to get it.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going for it on 4th and not making it wasnt what killed us today.

Giving up 5 TDs and Norman getting beat like a drum. Cousins throwing an INT shortly after we got behind in the score. WR's treating the football like and STD (something you dont really want to catch)..... these were all much more the problem than going for it on 4th and failing to get it.

I understand there were other things. But coaching situation in that point of the game. It doesn't make sense. Its a 2 score game. Give the team a chance to come back and tie.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand there were other things. But coaching situation in that point of the game. It doesn't make sense. Its a 2 score game. Give the team a chance to come back and tie.

Kinda what he was trying to do. I will be the first to say i was impressed with MOST of what the defense did last week. But I will also point out I agree with Swearinger when he says, the defense started to believe they were better than they are based on last weeks performance.

Have they improved?? Sure they have. Have they arrived.... not by a long shot.

@Krusheasy how do we get a ban a troll button installed?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda what he was trying to do. I will be the first to say i was impressed with MOST of what the defense did last week. But I will also point out I agree with Swearinger when he says, the defense started to believe they were better than they are based on last weeks performance.

Have they improved?? Sure they have. Have they arrived.... not by a long shot.

@Krusheasy how do we get a ban a troll button installed?

Im talking about that situation in the game. Forget what the defense did in the first half. As a coach you are down by 11 and have a change to kick a Fg.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im talking about that situation in the game. Forget what the defense did in the first half. As a coach you are down by 11 and have a change to kick a Fg.

And as I have said.. as a coach maybe he trusted his offense a bit more than his defense after the defense had given up 5 TDs at that point.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as I have said.. as a coach maybe he trusted his offense a bit more than his defense after the defense had given up 5 TDs at that point.

but they did just get 2 picks which one setup an easy TD in the 4th qtr. So you just abandon common sense coaching? Even if Ct converts there is no guarentte we get a TD. Plus you waste more time off the clock.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but they did just get 2 picks which one setup an easy TD in the 4th qtr. So you just abandon common sense coaching? Even if Ct converts there is no guarentte we get a TD. Plus you waste more time off the clock.

Dean... the wonder of this line of thinking is, Had we made that 4th down, scored and some how won this game. Instead of becoming a bone headed coaching call, it becomes shrewd coaching calls. Gruden rolled the dice, we came up snake eyes.

At the end of the day, we are what our record says. A team still not quite there. We need some talent improvement on defense still, and possibly in areas on offense as well. I simply don't think going for it in that situation was the back breaker you see it as.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean... the wonder of this line of thinking is, Had we made that 4th down, scored and some how won this game. Instead of becoming a bone headed coaching call, it becomes shrewd coaching calls. Gruden rolled the dice, we came up snake eyes.

At the end of the day, we are what our record says. A team still not quite there. We need some talent improvement on defense still, and possibly in areas on offense as well. I simply don't think going for it in that situation was the back breaker you see it as.

Its a back breaker b/c you need to put points up that late in the game. It was 2 scores. Not smart coaching.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dean's on point. That was some shitty coaching by Gruden.

The first time we went for it, or the third I guess it was, the 1st one we didn't make. I got the impression from the announcer dude that either Gruden was trying to protect our FG kicker or no one knew the range of our FG kicker. I'll watch it later, but if either of those were a reason not to attempt the FG that's bullshit.

And while its true the defense gave up 38 points. Only 10 came in the 2nd half and the TD came on the Vikes opening drive of the 2nd half. As far as allowing scores go. The Skins defense did alright after the Vikes initial 2nd half TD.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dean's on point. That was some shitty coaching by Gruden.

The first time we went for it, or the third I guess it was, the 1st one we didn't make. I got the impression from the announcer dude that either Gruden was trying to protect our FG kicker or no one knew the range of our FG kicker. I'll watch it later, but if either of those were a reason not to attempt the FG that's bullshit.

And while its true the defense gave up 38 points. Only 10 came in the 2nd half and the TD came on the Vikes opening drive of the 2nd half. As far as allowing scores go. The Skins defense did alright after the Vikes initial 2nd half TD.

Bad coaching? Yes. Reason for the loss? No.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im disgusted with the decisions today.

LOL. You bitch about the decisions every week. Sometimes warranted - sometimes not. You are just the ultimate armchair QB & instead of analyzing the entire game (to include coaching & player contributions & not just the QB). As someone else mentioned - the reality is that this was a team loss - coaching, bad D & offensive mistakes.

It is now in the rear view mirror. Time for Gruden to learn & some players (Breeland, Norman, etc) to step up & at least show better effort next week.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree there was some bad coaching in this game but none of it has to do with going for it.

1- No adjustments. As usual, we suck coming out of the half.
2- Lack of preparation.
3- 4th down play calling.
4- 1st down from the three and you go pass, pass, pass.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. You bitch about the decisions every week. Sometimes warranted - sometimes not. You are just the ultimate armchair QB & instead of analyzing the entire game (to include coaching & player contributions & not just the QB). As someone else mentioned - the reality is that this was a team loss - coaching, bad D & offensive mistakes.

It is now in the rear view mirror. Time for Gruden to learn & some players (Breeland, Norman, etc) to step up & at least show better effort next week.

This thread was to focus on his decisions. I didn't like them at all. Whats your excuse this week?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread was to focus on his decisions. I didn't like them at all. Whats your excuse this week?

What excuse? They played bad defense, were poor in the red zone, made some mistakes (including coaching & QBing) & lost to what was a better team that day. Jeez - is your whole game trying to prove that you are the smartest guy in the room? This loss is not hard to figure out. IMO - by far the biggest issue was the horrible play of Norman & Breeland.

But hey - don't let me get in the way of your "blame everything on Gruden & Cousins" agenda.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What excuse? They played bad defense, were poor in the red zone, made some mistakes (including coaching & QBing) & lost to what was a better team that day. Jeez - is your whole game trying to prove that you are the smartest guy in the room? This loss is not hard to figure out. IMO - by far the biggest issue was the horrible play of Norman & Breeland.

But hey - don't let me get in the way of your "blame everything on Gruden & Cousins" agenda.

Im not but the general excuse for KC was that his oline was banged up. A lot of things went wrong yesterday. I expect our coach to put us in the best position to win. I don't think he did that yesterday

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not but the general excuse for KC was that his oline was banged up. A lot of things went wrong yesterday. I expect our coach to put us in the best position to win. I don't think he did that yesterday

OK - since you bitch about the same things just about every week - I am turning over the team to you moving forward. Please - tell us exactly what you would do in terms of 1. coach 2. QB 3. GM & 4. any other significant moves.

You are not shy about sharing other opinions so let's hear it.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK - since you bitch about the same things just about every week - I am turning over the team to you moving forward. Please - tell us exactly what you would do in terms of 1. coach 2. QB 3. GM & 4. any other significant moves.

You are not shy about sharing other opinions so let's hear it.

I'm saying its the same old song. I always share my opinions. Are you really going to blame Bruce Allen for this season?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying its the same old song. I always share my opinions. Are you really going to blame Bruce Allen for this season?

OK - I am giving you a chance - cmon give us your plan moving fwd. BTW - you never give us your specific alternate ideas - you just bitch. Who said I am blaming Allen - I am just asking for your plan. Give it to us or just keep quiet.