• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gruden is an asshole

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twice he went for it on 4th down when he should of kicked the FG. Rose hitting from 58 today by the way. The defense was awful in the first half. We still cant put up TD's in the redzone. I just cant believe Gruden. Crowder was awful today. KC had some good throws and some bad ones. He missed that TD to Doctson. That would of been a huge play.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • 1st and 10 at WSH 20
    (3:29 - 3rd) (Shotgun) K.Cousins pass short right to M.Harris to WAS 34 for 14 yards (H.Smith).
  • 1st and 10 at WSH 34
    (3:00 - 3rd) J.Crowder right end pushed ob at WAS 39 for 5 yards (T.Newman).
  • 2nd and 5 at WSH 39
    (2:29 - 3rd) (Shotgun) K.Cousins pass short right to S.Perine to MIN 36 for 25 yards (H.Smith).
  • 1st and 10 at MIN 36
    (1:54 - 3rd) (Shotgun) S.Perine up the middle to MIN 35 for 1 yard (H.Smith).
  • 2nd and 9 at MIN 35
    (1:20 - 3rd) (Shotgun) K.Cousins pass incomplete deep middle to J.Doctson.
  • 3rd and 9 at MIN 35
    (1:14 - 3rd) (Shotgun) K.Cousins pass short left to J.Crowder to MIN 32 for 3 yards (M.Alexander).
  • 4th and 6 at MIN 32
    (0:34 - 3rd) (Shotgun) K.Cousins pass incomplete short right to J.Crowder (B.Robison).
It was 35-20 at this point. Should have been 35-23

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • (7:45 - 4th) K.Forbath kicks 64 yards from MIN 35 to WAS 1. C.Thompson to WAS 24 for 23 yards (J.Kearse; E.Lamur).
  • 1st and 10 at WSH 24
    (7:38 - 4th) (Shotgun) K.Cousins pass short left to V.Davis to WAS 35 for 11 yards (X.Rhodes, E.Kendricks).
  • 1st and 10 at WSH 35
    (7:08 - 4th) (Shotgun) K.Cousins pass short right to V.Davis pushed ob at WAS 46 for 11 yards (A.Barr).
  • 1st and 10 at WSH 46
    (6:42 - 4th) (Shotgun) K.Cousins pass short right to J.Doctson ran ob at MIN 48 for 6 yards.
  • 2nd and 4 at MIN 48
    (6:29 - 4th) (Shotgun) C.Thompson right end to MIN 42 for 6 yards (D.Hunter).
  • 1st and 10 at MIN 42
    (5:57 - 4th) (Shotgun) K.Cousins pass incomplete short right to C.Thompson.
  • 2nd and 10 at MIN 42
    (5:52 - 4th) (Shotgun) K.Cousins pass short middle to C.Thompson to MIN 33 for 9 yards (E.Kendricks; T.Johnson).
  • 3rd and 1 at MIN 33
    (5:22 - 4th) (No Huddle) C.Thompson up the middle to MIN 33 for no gain (E.Kendricks; H.Smith).
4th and 1 at MIN 33
(4:48 - 4th) C.Thompson right end to MIN 37 for -4 yards (T.Johnson).

It was 38- 27 at this point. Should of been 38-30

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last drive should of been for the tie. Asshole Gruden not putting this team in the best chance to win at all. Plus the 4th down play calls were even worst.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I generally just leave your posts alone I must ask did you watch the game today?

Field goals don't win games when the other team is getting 7 every time they get the ball. He had to go for those 4th downs to try to stay in game. I have no issue with Gruden today or most any other day for that matter.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I generally just leave your posts alone I must ask did you watch the game today?

Field goals don't win games when the other team is getting 7 every time they get the ball. He had to go for those 4th downs to try to stay in game. I have no issue with Gruden today or most any other day for that matter.

You are a moron!!! If he went for those Fg's, that last drive would have been for the tie. There was no need to go for those 4th down plays.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably should've went for those FGs. But I see why they didn't. He trusted in his offense to get the job done but they didn't. Can't fault Gruden for going for it on 4th.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are a moron!!! If he went for those Fg's, that last drive would have been for the tie. There was no need to go for those 4th down plays.

If our #1 corner doesnt get beat like he stole something all day long... well that might have had some bearing on the game as well

Just saying

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably should've went for those FGs. But I see why they didn't. He trusted in his offense to get the job done but they didn't. Can't fault Gruden for going for it on 4th.

4th and 6 and the end of the 3rd qtr. Are you kidding me? Even the last one. We needed two scores. Game Situation.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If our #1 corner doesnt get beat like he stole something all day long... well that might have had some bearing on the game as well

Just saying

Not defending the defense at all. But come on. You have to play situational football there.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4th and 6 and the end of the 3rd qtr. Are you kidding me? Even the last one. We needed two scores. Game Situation.

Yes but look at it objectively. They could have gotten the first down and gotten at least 6 instead of 3. But I get where you are coming from. If they make those FGs, that last drive is a game winning drive and KC actually does well on GWD opportunities. It's a catch-22 situation. If you kick the field goal, yay, you get 3 points but you could've gotten 7. There's also the change of not making the FG also. If you go for it, you could possibly get 7 points and cut the gap, which changes each team's gameplan going forward, but if you don't get it, you give the ball right back with no points. It's frustrating, definitely.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but look at it objectively. They could have gotten the first down and gotten at least 6 instead of 3. But I get where you are coming from. If they make those FGs, that last drive is a game winning drive and KC actually does well on GWD opportunities. It's a catch-22 situation. If you kick the field goal, yay, you get 3 points but you could've gotten 7. There's also the change of not making the FG also. If you go for it, you could possibly get 7 points and cut the gap, which changes each team's gameplan going forward, but if you don't get it, you give the ball right back with no points. It's frustrating, definitely.

game tying drive. If you are going to give me that reasoning then why doesn't everyone go for it on every 4th down? The defense was actually playing better in the 2nd half all the more you kick the Fg's.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game was lost on defense today. No one was great but you can't give up 38 and expect to win. DJ trying bringing them back in but as Breed said we kept stepping on our stuff. I didn't see the 1st half but the 2nd half too many drops, Dox trips, Cousin's misses Dox for a TD. None of that added up to how bad the D was today though.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
game tying drive. If you are going to give me that reasoning then why doesn't everyone go for it on every 4th down? The defense was actually playing better in the 2nd half all the more you kick the Fg's.

You have to weigh out the pros and cons. The end of the 3rd quarter is probably not a good time to go for it on 4th down instead of kicking the FG. But, that's the risks you take as a coach. He's wanting to win the game, he thinks you can't win it with FGs and is going for the TDs. Like I said, it's a catch-22. If he kicks the FG and they still lose, fans are cursing at him to go for it on 4th instead of taking the FG.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to weigh out the pros and cons. The end of the 3rd quarter is probably not a good time to go for it on 4th down instead of kicking the FG. But, that's the risks you take as a coach. He's wanting to win the game, he thinks you can't win it with FGs and is going for the TDs. Like I said, it's a catch-22. If he kicks the FG and they still lose, fans are cursing at him to go for it on 4th instead of taking the FG.

you don't win the game in the 3rd qtr. Fans want to see their team in the best possible position to have a chance in the game. The 2nd 4th down play call run to Thompson I just lost it. One of the worst calls in his tenure here.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game was lost on defense today. No one was great but you can't give up 38 and expect to win. DJ trying bringing them back in but as Breed said we kept stepping on our stuff. I didn't see the 1st half but the 2nd half too many drops, Dox trips, Cousin's misses Dox for a TD. None of that added up to how bad the D was today though.

The first half started out strong offensively. Unfortunately the defense wasn't red to play. I'm not saying he's a scrub, but Minny's #19, he's a WR, absolutely ate up Josh Norman to the tune of 4 catches 100 yards 1 TD and was just 1st half. The real 1st half killers though were once again self-inflicted. A not too good Cuz pass to Chris Thompson that caused CT to fall down after making the catch was culprit #1. Had it been a better pass, CT's scores an easy TD. Instead all we got was a FG and another RZ no-go.

Another Cuz pass to Crowder was too high and Crowder tipped it right to a Vikes defender (pretty similar play to Cuz INT in the first Philly game) That set the Vikes up at about the Skins 30 yd ln and they promptly scored a TD.

The game was going back n forth as the offenses where dominating. Than came the last 2 minutes of the first half and as if on cue. The Skins imploded and the Vikes hung 2 more TDs on them within those 2 minutes. Turning a 17-14 Skins lead into a 28-17 Skins deficit.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first half started out strong offensively. Unfortunately the defense wasn't red to play. I'm not saying he's a scrub, but Minny's #19, he's a WR, absolutely ate up Josh Norman to the tune of 4 catches 100 yards 1 TD. The 1st half killers though was a not too good Cuz pass to Chris Thompson that caused CT to fall down after making the catch. Had it been a better pass CT's scores an easy TD. Instead all we got was a FG and another RZ boo boo.

Another Cuz pass to Crowder was too high and Crowder ti[pped it right to a Vikes defender (pretty similar play to Cuz INT in the first Philly game) That gave the Vikes about 30 yards to score which they promptly did.

The game was going back n forth as the offenses where dominating. Than came the last 2 minutes of the first half and as if on cue. The Skins imploded and the Vikes hung 2 more TDs on them within those 2 minutes. Turning a 17-14 Skins lead into a 28-17 Skins deficit.

Is there any way we can NOT have our defense on the field for the last two minutes of either half... ever??

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any way we can NOT have our defense on the field for the last two minutes of either half... ever??

its not just the defense though. In the 2nd Philly game the offense went 3 n out twice and both times they had a 3rd n 1 that they failed to convert. Today Cuz's INT set the Vikes real pretty as well for one of those in the last 2 minutes of the 1st half TDs.

Its time to stop blaming this unit or that player for the failures that keep biting us in the ass. The Redskins are failing collectively as a team in those last 2 minutes and that includes bad coaching decisions as well.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its not just the defense though. In the 2nd Philly game the offense went 3 n out twice and both times they had a 3rd n 1 that they failed to convert. Today Cuz's INT set the Vikes real pretty as well for one of those in the last 2 minutes of the 1st half TDs.

Its time to stop blaming this unit or that player for the failures that keep biting us in the ass. The Redskins are failing collectively as a team in those last 2 minutes and that includes bad coaching decisions as well.

OK so can we cut the 2nd and 4th quarter to 13 minutes each?? Yea this team is frustrating on many levels at this point.

You also realize every one on the planet will be picking against us next week, which likely means we pull off some sort of Where the Fuck did that come from performance and beat the Saints on the road in a game where very one on the planet expects us to get blown out.

Because.. we are the Redskins.. .this is what we do.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK so can we cut the 2nd and 4th quarter to 13 minutes each?? Yea this team is frustrating on many levels at this point.

You also realize every one on the planet will be picking against us next week, which likely means we pull off some sort of Where the Fuck did that come from performance and beat the Saints on the road in a game where very one on the planet expects us to get blown out.

Because.. we are the Redskins.. .this is what we do.

I just watched Grudens press conference. A reporter asked about the 4th down play. He said b/c it was only 1 yard I went for it. If it was more I would of kicked the Fg. IT doesn't frigin matter how short it was!!! It was a 2 possession game. You needed points there. Unbelievable.

Even if it converts no guarantee for TD. It was a two score game. Of course the decision backfires b/c we got the ball back and would have been down by 8 with plenty of time to tie it.

Im disgusted with the decisions today.