• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gruden is an asshole

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can't see how the "McBoys" are a gigantic upgrade from RJF and Baker, sharkinva, than you're a fucking moron.

It's night and day.

Check out last year's run stats, dumby, then get back to me when you're ready to apologize for being a clown.

HOw about getting off the Bruce Allen tip and realize that THIS years run stats with the McBoys playing have been just as bad and in some cases WORSE than last year.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they haven't. Put the crackpipe down.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they haven't. Put the crackpipe down.

Nine games, 27 tackles and two sacks combined... Yep MASSIVE upgrade there. If not for Allen and Ion being hurt, both would be backups nothing more.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can't see how the "McBoys" are a gigantic upgrade from RJF and Baker, sharkinva, than you're a fucking moron.

It's night and day.

Check out last year's run stats, dumby, then get back to me when you're ready to apologize for being a clown.

You would have to go back to the Allen injury for the comparison, and you won't like what you see.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nine games, 27 tackles and two sacks combined... Yep MASSIVE upgrade there. If not for Allen and Ion being hurt, both would be backups nothing more.

Well they were supposed to be part of a rotation that included Allen, with a pleasant surprise being Ion. Now with BOTH of them out, the McBoys have been pressed into duty.

One of the McBoys got a crucial sack on Russell Wilson last game.

The McBoys weren't signed to be the pressure guys. They were signed to be run stuffers and to occupy olinemen.

Wrong again.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would have to go back to the Allen injury for the comparison, and you won't like what you see.

I'm pretty sure this doesn't make a lick of sense.

I would have to go back to the Allen injury to compare what, exactly?

What wouldn't I like?

You mean to tell me that the redskins defense up the middle wasn't good before Allen and Ionman got hurt?

GTFO

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they were supposed to be part of a rotation that included Allen, with a pleasant surprise being Ion. Now with BOTH of them out, the McBoys have been pressed into duty.

One of the McBoys got a crucial sack on Russell Wilson last game.

The McBoys weren't signed to be the pressure guys. They were signed to be run stuffers and to occupy olinemen.

Wrong again.

Look you and Dean are pushing this big upgrade angle. Numbers dont lie, they havent been that. And knowing that, as Im not a huge fan of ditching guys who ARE Redskins in favor of free agents. I would have sooner they kept at least Baker since i think he would have been just as productive if not more so than both of them. The McBoys were signed to replace Baker. Now it has taken both of them to produce a whooping 27 tackles in nine games... IM impressed.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look you and Dean are pushing this big upgrade angle. Numbers dont lie, they havent been that. And knowing that, as Im not a huge fan of ditching guys who ARE Redskins in favor of free agents. I would have sooner they kept at least Baker since i think he would have been just as productive if not more so than both of them. The McBoys were signed to replace Baker. Now it has taken both of them to produce a whooping 27 tackles in nine games... IM impressed.

Pigeonholing again, Chachi.

I'm not pushing anything with Dean. The fact is that our DTs now are light years better than RJF and Baker, who were human sieves. In fact, I believe it was YOU who coined them "the human turnstiles," but I'm too lazy to search for it.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pigeonholing again, Chachi.

I'm not pushing anything with Dean. The fact is that our DTs now are light years better than RJF and Baker, who were human sieves. In fact, I believe it was YOU who coined them "the human turnstiles," but I'm too lazy to search for it.

Actually the human turnstile would be Morgan Moses. But I respect the admittance of laziness. Baby steps hoss. The McBoys were injury prone backups when we signed them, and they should be backups now. They are pressed into starting or playing extended snaps because our actual starters ARE injured. BUt again Im not seeing them as a major improvement over Baker, and RJF got cut for speaking out against Bruce.

Good rotational players, maybe... upgrade over the guy Bruce decided not to sign.... not in my opinion.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure this doesn't make a lick of sense.

I would have to go back to the Allen injury to compare what, exactly?

What wouldn't I like?

You mean to tell me that the redskins defense up the middle wasn't good before Allen and Ionman got hurt?

GTFO

1st five games with Allen- 58, 97, 32, 168, 85

Since Allen's injury- 127, 169, 148, 102

I am telling you that the run defense has been shit since his injury.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
paying both of the mcboys more then one baker to get 7 more tackles isnt exactly economical

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
paying both of the mcboys more then one baker to get 7 more tackles isnt exactly economical

Can’t compare the two. First, there are two positions in discussion. Then there is usage. Sorry, but Baker would be on the bench too with Allen and Ironman ahead of him.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can’t compare the two. First, there are two positions in discussion. Then there is usage. Sorry, but Baker would be on the bench too with Allen and Ironman ahead of him.

Just reminds me of the staggering amt of injuries at some pt in this season. 2/3 starting DL, 1 ILB gone for entire season. Both CBs miss time or banged up several games. Issues at S causing them to play backups. Most of entire OL misses substantial time, starting & backup TE miss major time, starting RB misses major time, starting WR misses games & K is lost for the season. Also other LBs and secondary members banged up or miss time. Only person not really missing time is QB (knock on wood).

Some here questioned Gruden & his play calling (see this thread title) & that has some merit. However you have to give him credit for holding together this banged up unit. It is not an easy task & some teams would have done a lot worse.