• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gruden has got to go..

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
28-35-1 overall in 4 years here.

Took over when we were completely dysfunctional.

Went 4-12 year 1 (no surprise there).

Went 9-7 with an NFC east championship year 2 (impressive).

8-7-1 and 7-9 then next 2 seasons.

How good should we have been those 2 seasons? Because the case to fire him basically has to be made on those seasons and I dont see how anybody thinks we should have been all that much better especially given the ridiculous number of injuries last year.

He isnt above criticism and he certainly isnt perfect, but hes a good offensive mind, seems to be well liked by the players, and has had probably more success than is fair to have demanded honestly. I dont get why we would want him gone. He isnt the problem.

In 2016 we didn't beat a team with a winning record and won what might have been the worst division in football. (not so impressive really) Yay Jay Gruden.

The Skins had just ass paddled the Pack, 42-24 during a naionally televised game, were 6-3-1 and things were looking good. 6 games later, in which the Skins only managed 2 wins both of which came against teams who finished below .500 that year. Including losing a win and you're in game against the Giants in week 17.

Was the defense bad during that 6 game stretch? Yep, no other way to put it, but the defense had been bad for a long time up to that point. Our supposed saving grace, our bread n butter, was supposed to be our offense and while the offense impressed at times during those 6 games. They also came up short in or at critical times in those games far too much.

As for the 7-9 year. I didn't like the way Gruden kept trotting out beat up players. Before the season it was said Reed had a broken toe. So what was he doing. Running and trying to make cuts to determine what, I have no fuckin idea. I do know one of the worst things a person with a broken toe could do is run on that bitch. Every week they had Reed's ass tryinhg to play though

And how come we didn't see Maurice Harris till the Minny game and how come after making what was arguably the best catch of the on the team for a TD no less on the first pass thrown to him that season. He only gets 5 more targets and 3 catches for the rest of the year? They can go out and get a fringe player like Teven though it was called back. Terrelle Pryor and just give him a starting gig for a season, but couldn't make time for Harris who showed potential in 2016.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2016 we didn't beat a team with a winning record and won what might have been the worst division in football. (not so impressive really) Yay Jay Gruden.

The Skins had just ass paddled the Pack, 42-24 during a naionally televised game, were 6-3-1 and things were looking good. 6 games later, in which the Skins only managed 2 wins both of which came against teams who finished below .500 that year. Including losing a win and you're in game against the Giants in week 17.

Was the defense bad during that 6 game stretch? Yep, no other way to put it, but the defense had been bad for a long time up to that point. Our supposed saving grace, our bread n butter, was supposed to be our offense and while the offense impressed at times during those 6 games. They also came up short in or at critical times in those games far too much.

As for the 7-9 year. I didn't like the way Gruden kept trotting out beat up players. Before the season it was said Reed had a broken toe. So what was he doing. Running and trying to make cuts to determine what, I have no fuckin idea. I do know one of the worst things a person with a broken toe could do is run on that bitch. Every week they had Reed's ass tryinhg to play though

And how come we didn't see Maurice Harris till the Minny game and how come after making what was arguably the best catch of the on the team for a TD no less on the first pass thrown to him that season. He only gets 5 more targets and 3 catches for the rest of the year? They can go out and get a fringe player like Teven though it was called back. Terrelle Pryor and just give him a starting gig for a season, but couldn't make time for Harris who showed potential in 2016.

You are assuming Gruden as the coach has final say as to who to play and who not to play. IM not giving Gruden a pass, But I think he has about as much real authority as a one legged man in an ass kicking contest with a blind fold and one hand tied behind his back.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are assuming Gruden as the coach has final say as to who to play and who not to play. IM not giving Gruden a pass, But I think he has about as much real authority as a one legged man in an ass kicking contest with a blind fold and one hand tied behind his back.

Yeah, I thought about that as well. And while that's certainly plausible. His tough guy routine led me to place the onus on him.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a huge Gruden fan myself. The Skins have never really come out the gate strong under Gruden, last year was the 1st time the Skins weren't 1-2 after 3 games under him and we always look sloppy and unmotivated on opening day. He's a terrible 2 minute drill and time out guy as well.

That said, I think he likely is the best HC the Skins can get. Would've loved to have snagged Frank Riech from Philly .com.

I wouldn't mind seeing Gruden get the boot. Its inevitable anyway, but who would replace him? Greg Manusky?
Jim Schwartz