• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gruden has got to go..

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont respect him and none of you should either...

Hes a bitch.

Hes a yes man.

Hes an incredibly overrated offensive guru

He employed his dumb ass nephew who shouldnt have a job in this league considering how much of a joke the skins strength and conditioning program is and training staff is

He never has the team up or prepared for big games.

Hes either a pussy and afraid of snyder for not defending Cousins as a franchise qb or he has an enormous ego and is one of those types who thinks his system is bigger then the player.... which is bullshit.. and both are bad.

***On a side note the skins are such a shit show maybe Gruden is literally the best they can get while filling all the other criterias of having no spine, being a yes man, etc etc.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a huge Gruden fan myself. The Skins have never really come out the gate strong under Gruden, last year was the 1st time the Skins weren't 1-2 after 3 games under him and we always look sloppy and unmotivated on opening day. He's a terrible 2 minute drill and time out guy as well.

That said, I think he likely is the best HC the Skins can get. Would've loved to have snagged Frank Riech from Philly .com.

I wouldn't mind seeing Gruden get the boot. Its inevitable anyway, but who would replace him? Greg Manusky?

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a huge Gruden fan myself. The Skins have never really come out the gate strong under Gruden, last year was the 1st time the Skins weren't 1-2 after 3 games under him and we always look sloppy and unmotivated on opening day. He's a terrible 2 minute drill and time out guy as well.

That said, I think he likely is the best HC the Skins can get. Would've loved to have snagged Frank Riech from Philly .com.

I wouldn't mind seeing Gruden get the boot. Its inevitable anyway, but who would replace him? Greg Manusky?

I was set on firing gruden this offseason and replacing him with Sean Mcvay.

Never thought Sean Mcvay at his age would have gotten a job last year. I thought he was 1-2 years away...

What a kick in the nuts that was, as well as losing Scott, the handling of cousins, trading for alex smith etc. and that was just the last 12 months

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was set on firing gruden this offseason and replacing him with Sean Mcvay.

Never thought Sean Mcvay at his age would have gotten a job last year. I thought he was 1-2 years away...

What a kick in the nuts that was, as well as losing Scott, the handling of cousins, trading for alex smith etc. and that was just the last 12 months

And he still might be not quite ready to be a HC, but that would've been nice. I thought he got too pass-happy/played hero ball with Kirk his lat year here. Still, something tells me McVay was smart enough to see that coaching the Skins in Redskins Park under the thumb of Snyder/Allen. Was not the proper place for a young coach with little to no clout to his name.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still, something tells me McVay was smart enough to see that coaching the Skins in Redskins Park under the thumb of Snyder/Allen. Was not the proper place for a young coach with little to no clout to his name.

You are probably right.. It all circles back

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont respect him and none of you should either...

Hes a bitch.

Hes a yes man.

Hes an incredibly overrated offensive guru

He employed his dumb ass nephew who shouldnt have a job in this league considering how much of a joke the skins strength and conditioning program is and training staff is

He never has the team up or prepared for big games.

Hes either a pussy and afraid of snyder for not defending Cousins as a franchise qb or he has an enormous ego and is one of those types who thinks his system is bigger then the player.... which is bullshit.. and both are bad.

***On a side note the skins are such a shit show maybe Gruden is literally the best they can get while filling all the other criterias of having no spine, being a yes man, etc etc.

28-35-1 overall in 4 years here.

Took over when we were completely dysfunctional.

Went 4-12 year 1 (no surprise there).

Went 9-7 with an NFC east championship year 2 (impressive).

8-7-1 and 7-9 then next 2 seasons.

How good should we have been those 2 seasons? Because the case to fire him basically has to be made on those seasons and I dont see how anybody thinks we should have been all that much better especially given the ridiculous number of injuries last year.

He isnt above criticism and he certainly isnt perfect, but hes a good offensive mind, seems to be well liked by the players, and has had probably more success than is fair to have demanded honestly. I dont get why we would want him gone. He isnt the problem.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still, something tells me McVay was smart enough to see that coaching the Skins in Redskins Park under the thumb of Snyder/Allen. Was not the proper place for a young coach with little to no clout to his name.

You are probably right.. It all circles back

If you don't mind my asking, exactly how far back does your fandom go? I ask because, depending on your answer, I can better understand what fuels your frustration and anger. Thanks!

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gruden is a very good coach right now. He may not a fantastic coach, but he certainly isn’t as spectacularly awful as Jim Zorn or Steve Spurrier.

OTOH, I think we can all look at the superb job that Doug Peterson did in Philly and be pretty freakin annoyed that they managed to turn the whole thing around in two years.

Two.

Could be worse though: they could have been led by Jason Garrett. That guy’s a terrible coach.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gruden is a very good coach right now. He may not a fantastic coach, but he certainly isn’t as spectacularly awful as Jim Zorn or Steve Spurrier.

OTOH, I think we can all look at the superb job that Doug Peterson did in Philly and be pretty freakin annoyed that they managed to turn the whole thing around in two years.

Two.

Could be worse though: they could have been led by Jason Garrett. That guy’s a terrible coach.
Spurrier is the the greatest of all time

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Two.

I believe if you think Gruden is a good coach, you have become far to used to poor coaches.

Jason Garrett is far from a bad coach. What makes him bad, other than he coaches Dallas?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont worry the SDFC 'ers believe check down charlie will erase all the mistakes and we will come out fast

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Two.

Thing is, the Eagles didnt do it in just two years. They spent the past 3-4 years building that defense and roster. They just finally got to the point where they had all the other pieces in place to make the big splash for the QB.

Philly wining the Super Bowl is likely going to lead Danny and Bruce to do some very stupid things over the next few months.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as people understand that a new coach means potentially another rebuild , I said almost 4 yrs ago that if you chose not to sign a certain qb the price would go up. People were ok with it until it happened , then they got cold feet

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't mind my asking, exactly how far back does your fandom go? I ask because, depending on your answer, I can better understand what fuels your frustration and anger. Thanks!

I'm 32. Ive been a fan since I was 5.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly wining the Super Bowl is likely going to lead Danny and Bruce to do some very stupid things over the next few months.

Like trade up for Allen because he went to a small school in the same conference as Wentz?

despite the fact that allen may be available when skins draft anyway.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as people understand that a new coach means potentially another rebuild , I said almost 4 yrs ago that if you chose not to sign a certain qb the price would go up. People were ok with it until it happened , then they got cold feet

Mehh... Gruden failed in the one task he was brought to DC to do. He should have been fired in 2015 after he failed any way. We can go 8-8 with Bruce coaching the team.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean when our front office got petty and completely burned the bridge with Cousins at every turn I think the most appropriate thing to do was rebuild. Kerrigan and Trent arent getting any younger and the wise move would have been to sign a vikings qb as a bridge and draft one not named lamar jackson.

but alas here we are still in purgatory... just a little worse

redskin4209

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We get that Dad but you fail to understand nothing will get better with Gruden here. KC is gone and I think everything will stay the same even with Smith here.

Gruden team does well against teams below 500 but is a complete failure against teams over 500 means you will never make the playoffs unless you have soft schedule (2015-16). Teams in the playoffs all are over 500 meaning your destiny is a short one.

There's nothing wrong with rebuilding and getting a new coach that understand one of the basic fundamentals of football. You need a running game with a good scheme and execution alone with some kind of bread and butter running play. Gruden is PART of the reason why KC was unable to win big games. He MUST go also.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We get that Dad but you fail to understand nothing will get better with Gruden here. KC is gone and I think everything will stay the same even with Smith here.

Gruden team does well against teams below 500 but is a complete failure against teams over 500 means you will never make the playoffs unless you have soft schedule (2015-16). Teams in the playoffs all are over 500 meaning your destiny is a short one.

There's nothing wrong with rebuilding and getting a new coach that understand one of the basic fundamentals of football. You need a running game with a good scheme and execution alone with some kind of bread and butter running play. Gruden is PART of the reason why KC was unable to win big games. He MUST go also.

Sorry.. going to call BS on that. You are basically laying the blame on the coach and the QB and absolving the putrid defenses of the past few years as well as the substandard talent around the QB which the coach has the pleasure of working with.

2016 was a prove it wasnt a fluke year for Kirk and Jay. They proved it, so in 2017 it was prove you can do it with a little more on defense (sort of) and alot less on offense.

But I guess I should expect these types of ideas living in the time of the Iphone forever plan where the new hotness is always just around the corner. :thumb: