• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Green Bay vs niners

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The refs showed us this past weekend that they are not going to call anything unless it is absolutely blatant (and even then, they might not call it!). I don't think either team has much to worry about with calls, they are going to let teams play, which is the way it should be.

i do not know about that. We saw two extremes in this weekends games. One game they called all the pitty patty stuff the other they allowed people to mug everyone. Triplettes crew was down right bad " what a shock, NOT" once again.

Also look in the 49er @ GB game on the call that could have costed the packers a TD. That hands to the face. On the replay you can see the 49er Dlineman not only grabbing the olinemans facemask but also pulling and twisting it way off to the side violently where as the GB linemans hand was just pushing on the 49ers facemask not grasping or twisting violently.

The call went against GB but either should have at the least been a no call because they both were doing it or offsetting. The way i saw it, the 49er Dlineman instigated the action and the olineman who could no longer even see only did what he did because of the 49ers blatant facemask and it was all he could do to try and protect his QB and himself.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh not really worrying about SF yet. We have our hands full with the Saints.

One thing ill say though, is Kap is who we thought he was. First reads not there, tuck it and run. Seemed like the only third downs he converted in the fourth qtr were via scrambles.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like many, I expected SF to beat the Pack. To me, both teams look beatable and I doubt SF gets past Carolina.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the Niners last played Carolina, Crabtree was still out, he isn't anymore and makes a big difference in this offense.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Statements like this usually get people in trouble when things blow up in there face.

If the Niners don't win they don't it's no big deal. I expect them to be playing the Seahawks in the NFC title game.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Niners don't win they don't it's no big deal. I expect them to be playing the Seahawks in the NFC title game.

I'll give you this, your the first Niner fan I heard of that said it's no big deal if they lose. Mostly everybody else would be jumping off buildings if they can't get past the Panthers.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The niners are going to win in carolina, I feel it in my blood and know it to be so.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The niners are going to win in carolina, I feel it in my blood and know it to be so.

I have a hunch about the same thing. It all depends if Cam Newton is ready to take his game to the next level under playoff pressure. Carolina has what it takes to beat them but my gut says San Fran squeaks by with a win.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a hunch about the same thing. It all depends if Cam Newton is ready to take his game to the next level under playoff pressure. Carolina has what it takes to beat them but my gut says San Fran squeaks by with a win.

IDK, Kaep has a TQBR (I know) of 31 against above average defenses, while it's 91 against below average Ds. Carolina has a magnificent D. It's the team that plays cleaner that will win, and Kaep doesn't play clean against good Ds.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK, Kaep has a TQBR (I know) of 31 against above average defenses, while it's 91 against below average Ds. Carolina has a magnificent D. It's the team that plays cleaner that will win, and Kaep doesn't play clean against good Ds.

Don't get me wrong, I think Carolina should win, something tells me the 9ers win it though. It's just a gut feeling, it's not based on logic. I'm imagining some screwy play where the ball bounces off three helmets and lands in Aldon Smith's hands for a pick 6 or something. It's just a hunch I can't shake.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think that number will change a little now that Crabtree is back. But I agree Kaepernick is likely to make some really bad plays to go along with some absolutely spectacular throws and runs, good defenses capitalize on those mistakes more. I think Kaepernick as he gets more experience (this is his 28th start) will cut down on those mistakes, but until he does it's going to be hairy.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I give a slight edge to Carolina in this game. Both offense are likely to make mistakes, fail to complete plays, and we will see a field position game outside of the odd explosive play here and there. It is whichever side makes the least turnovers/major mistakes and while both defenses are good, the panthers are at home and that counts.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam should play well but I don't think he has enough weapons around him. I feel if Carolina is going to win, they need to force a TO and take it back for 6.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carolina just needs to win the TO battle. I think it's going to be a low scoring game and it's going to be close.Carolina has beaten teams like the Saints and the Pats at home. I think they add the 49ers to the list.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I give a slight edge to Carolina in this game. Both offense are likely to make mistakes, fail to complete plays, and we will see a field position game outside of the odd explosive play here and there. It is whichever side makes the least turnovers/major mistakes and while both defenses are good, the panthers are at home and that counts.

Although I agree with your original assessment of the TO battle, I don't believe CAR O has enough firepower to capitalize on them. Whatever edge you give for HFA has to be negated by simply comparing offenses.