• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Green Bay Signs Kyle Fuller to Offer Sheet

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All that thread proves is i am genius. I was against signing Glennon from the start

It also proves that you have no idea how an NFL contract works, and/or are structured, and that you think that signing a one-year, stop-gap QB for what ostensibly amounted to the 28th highest paid starting QB out of 32 will somehow send a team into ruins.

Or simply put, that you are stupid.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It also proves that you have no idea how an NFL contract works, and/or are structured, and that you think that signing a one-year, stop-gap QB for what ostensibly amounted to the 28th highest paid starting QB out of 32 will somehow send a team into ruins.

Or simply put, that you are stupid.

Assuming our cap space last year as $30M (i just made that number up)

So if we would have signed me last year to be the backup punter role for $30M and then cut me, who cares right? The Bears are still good, we have plenty of space this year! Your stupidity is outstanding.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming our cap space last year as $30M (i just made that number up)

So if we would have signed me last year to be the backup punter role for $30M and then cut me, who cares right? The Bears are still good, we have plenty of space this year! Your stupidity is outstanding.

Your analogy is what's stupid.

Ice_nine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally. Someone who gets it.

What do you mean I get it? You are the big Kyle Fuller is the best and I knew it all along guy. WTF?

Also I think you were happy about the Cutler release which I think was dumb. You are cute but stupid.

Ice_nine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but you guys are right it is better to guarantee $18 and pay for 4 years than pay $15 for one and retain leverage over an unproven CB you were originally trying to get for $10 mil per year. I'm so dumb! Blondes, what do you expect! Insult me in horrible ways Bears fans, it is YOUR RIGHT!

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but you guys are right it is better to guarantee $18 and pay for 4 years than pay $15 for one and retain leverage over an unproven CB you were originally trying to get for $10 mil per year. I'm so dumb! Blondes, what do you expect! Insult me in horrible ways Bears fans, it is YOUR RIGHT!
abeb7899fb844430d21db624a25b1859--fitness-memes-fitness-workouts.jpg

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your analogy is what's stupid.

Your inability to understand analogy is outstanding. Lets try another one. Lets say i shoot you in the face, but i miss, who cares right? You're still alive. lol what a dunce.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your inability to understand analogy is outstanding. Lets try another one. Lets say i shoot you in the face, but i miss, who cares right? You're still alive. lol what a dunce.
Even your only "ally" thinks you're stupid.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Franchising does not help you to retain leverage. You are now negotiating against a fully guaranteed 15 million dollar salary in year #1 starting point. Good luck coming to a conclusion from there, which is better than 18 million guaranteed over 4 years. Especially if you allow it to play itself out and Fuller has a repeat season. Now he's considered one of the league's top CB's and about to hit the open market.

GB made life quite easy on Pace and the Bears front office. They negotiated a deal right at market value for Fuller and gift-wrapped it for us. Shipping it directly to Pace's desk.

If Fuller continues to play well, this deal could turn out to be tremendous value. There's risk associated, but such is the nature of a league rampant with injuries and sudden drop-offs in performance. This isn't baseball where you can (largely) put together a team or lineup with a math formula.

At the end of the day -- the Bears got Kyle Fuller at market value. If this contract was signed a month ago, it would have been regarded as a victory without much of a second thought. However, the unorthodox process which led to this conclusion, has confused the armchair GM's of the football world.

If you think Fuller is on the verge of some decline in play, that's all fine and well. However, it is purely conjecture-based speculation. The notion that the Bears were "gotten" by Green Bay is rather baffling, and totally based in ignorance. "They forced the Bears to pay Kyle Fuller market value! NAILED EM!"

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am personally kind of agnostic on the Fuller deal. I don't hate it. Can see why some would have a problem with how it was done. Can see why people are ok with it. Awkward position handled awkwardly. I don't think it's crippling either way but little mistakes can add up over time. Not sure if this is what that is, could be though.

Don't see a great reason to hitch my wagon on one side or the other.