• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sunday Night Football: Green Bay Packers @ Atlanta Falcons 8:30pm ET NBC

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will you ever run out of excuses? Just asking, for a friend.

I need ocular evidence as proof you have a real life friend. If you consider the truth an excuse then that's how you see it. I'll remember that for future Pats games.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need ocular evidence as proof you have a real life friend. If you consider the truth an excuse then that's how you see it. I'll remember that for future Pats games.
You're on an island there Zippy. Seems many posters all mentioned how you're whinning and making excuses.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are whining. Why don't you whine about the refs calls when your team wins?

I mentioned the Hawks still received more calls than us. Like I said I expect that the Pack have to beat the team and the refs. That's just the way the cookie crumbles.

Again, reg season game that I expected to lose and we don't start trying until November so Meh.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're on an island there Zippy. Seems many posters all mentioned how you're whinning and making excuses.

Meh, I just call it how I see it. If the ref makes the wrong call it's the wrong call and not complaining that's just stating a fact based on the rules. I understand it goes both ways and accept the refs for their flaws and being human. I could care less if some random name with no face believes I'm complaining.

Next

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, I just call it how I see it. If the ref makes the wrong call it's the wrong call and not complaining that's just stating a fact based on the rules. I understand it goes both ways and accept the refs for their flaws and being human. I could care less if some random name with no face believes I'm complaining.

Next
Blah blah blah I stopped reading after refs. Wash, rinse, repeat. Even you Packer faithful agree you're full of shit.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blah blah blah I stopped reading after refs. Wash, rinse, repeat. Even you Packer faithful agree you're full of shit.

Yawn, don't care.....

Wake me up when we're in the playoffs once the games actually matter.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yawn, don't care.....

One game doesn't make a season but you better not have few more like this past weekend.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One game doesn't make a season but you better not have few more like this past weekend.

That defense will struggle as usual in the big spots, but they will win 10-12 cause there just arent that many Falcons offenses out there

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At some point people are just going to have to accept that Atlanta is a far superior team to GB. Every team has injuries but the reality is that the last 2 games the score has been 31-0 and 31-7 midway through the 3rd. Atlanta continues to go into their stupid soft cover and consenmvative play calling mode after that and the games end up looking closer than they really were. To me as a Falcons fan that's the only concerning aspect of the game last night but GB just doesn't match up with Atlanta at all

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At some point people are just going to have to accept that Atlanta is a far superior team to GB. Every team has injuries but the reality is that the last 2 games the score has been 31-0 and 31-7 midway through the 3rd. Atlanta continues to go into their stupid soft cover and consenmvative play calling mode after that and the games end up looking closer than they really were. To me as a Falcons fan that's the only concerning aspect of the game last night but GB just doesn't match up with Atlanta at all
Under the circumstances, I'll give you everything you said, except "far". Sure injuries happen, but losing a pro bowl LT and a pro bowl-caliber RT in the same week is huge. Jordy Nelson may not be the Packer's best receiver, but he is Rodger's security blanket. Losing him on the first drive was huge. Then their best defensive player in Mike Daniels went down early in the first quarter as well. And then they lose Reggie Cobb.

I know the Falcons lost some key players too, and I'm not ignoring that. And you'll never catch me saying "The Packers would have won if...", but I guarantee you, the game would have been a lot closer if both teams were 100% healthy.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Under the circumstances, I'll give you everything you said, except "far". Sure injuries happen, but losing a pro bowl LT and a pro bowl-caliber RT in the same week is huge. Jordy Nelson may not be the Packer's best receiver, but he is Rodger's security blanket. Losing him on the first drive was huge. Then their best defensive player in Mike Daniels went down early in the first quarter as well. And then they lose Reggie Cobb.

I know the Falcons lost some key players too, and I'm not ignoring that. And you'll never catch me saying "The Packers would have won if...", but I guarantee you, the game would have been a lot closer if both teams were 100% healthy.
Eh not sure it would've been much closer but I probably shouldn't say far superior. It's really more of a matchup thing

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh not sure it would've been much closer but I probably shouldn't say far superior. It's really more of a matchup thing
Well, the Falcons strength is the passing game and the Packers weakness on D is the passing game, so it makes sense. That said, it's tough to discern whether the Packer's secondary sucks or it's just young. Rookie, Kevin King played better than I expected however. I eagerly wait to see what the Packer's defense looks like at the end of the season.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the Falcons strength is the passing game and the Packers weakness on D is the passing game, so it makes sense. That said, it's tough to discern whether the Packer's secondary sucks or it's just young. Rookie, Kevin King played better than I expected however. I eagerly wait to see what the Packer's defense looks like at the end of the season.
GB has the same problem a lot of teams have, you don't have a shut down corner to cover JJ one on one. Even a shut down guy isn't going to shut him down but maybe sliw him down . Once you have to cheat and help on him you are fucked because you can't cover the other guys one on one either . Teams Atlanta struggles with usually have an elite CB or a great pass rush ( sometimes both ) but even then "struggle " isrelative as that usually means 24-27 points. I just wish we would open the playbook the whole game . D is better but it's not great and you can't spend 1/3 of the game in prevent defense and offense

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mentioned the Hawks still received more calls than us. Like I said I expect that the Pack have to beat the team and the refs. That's just the way the cookie crumbles.

Again, reg season game that I expected to lose and we don't start trying until November so Meh.
Do you think that the Pack is the "only team that has to beat the other team and the refs"? You think the refs are picking on your team, don't you?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yawn, don't care.....

Careful there Rip Van Winkle you may be sleeping for a while.
How's Jordy?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If these aren't excuses what do you call them? Why even introduce them? Talk about things that actually went on in the game that could've been the difference. @SiezeTheRedHerring.

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If these aren't excuses what do you call them? Why even introduce them? Talk about things that actually went on in the game that could've been the difference. @SiezeTheRedHerring.
Things that went on in the game? Hmmm, ok. You mean like Rodgers not having anywhere near the amount of time to pass that he normally does? Or he was trying to use Geronimo Allison in the same role as JOrdy Nelson, but they weren't on the same page on several plays? Are those reason? Or are reasons something for your team and excuses something for all other teams?

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fuck the injuries and the refs

the Packers would have had to play a near perfect game with all of their horses to pull off the upset

give the Falcons the credit they deserve and move on