• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Golden State Warriors vs. Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Finals Thread

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They played iso the whole game. He now has no All-Star on the floor since Kyrie is out. He almost willed this team to a victory. He will still be a legend lol. He had no business in this Finals, with this team.

You know all the starters now where actually on the bench on other teams, I think Shump started though. So again, carrrying this team almost did it last night.
Yes I don't think we will see that again. Not with the Iriving crap they were losing when he went down and LBJ did get help from Irving last night. With or with out Irving you lose last night. That was your best chance to take advantage of GS. Now they have confidence.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LBJ is a legend. 6 finals. 4 MVPs. Back to Back titles with 2 finals MVPs. This year and certainly his 2007 Finals appearance were with massively inferior teams. I am no LeBron fan. I am a jilted Heat fan. But this man's legacy as an all time great really cant be argued. He will likely finish his career a top 3 scorer, a top 10 assist guy and top 20 rebounder all time.
No he isn't. Homer Alert Yeah legend for losing. LOL

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy I don't know how you can be encouraged. They had a shot and missed out at stealing a game on the road. And now Irving is almost certainly done being effective for the rest of the series.

They needed Irving to be healthy to even have enough firepower to make this a series (even with him healthy they should have been the underdogs). Without him, they don't have a prayer.

I qualified my being encouraged by putting the health of Kyrie aside. Obviously... that's incredibly discouraging. I'm nervously awaiting his prognosis.

I was just saying... if that exact game happens but Kryie doesn't get hurt... I'm very encouraged.

1) The Warriors strategy to play LeBron straight up and try to limit everyone else worked but looked far from full proof.
2) The Cavs defense looked great for the most part and showed that they can keep up their trend of forcing offensive droughts even against the Warriors.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he isn't. Homer Alert Yeah legend for losing. LOL

It takes an incredible amount of willful ignorance to deny that Lebron is an all time great player.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LBJ is a legend. 6 finals. 4 MVPs. Back to Back titles with 2 finals MVPs. This year and certainly his 2007 Finals appearance were with massively inferior teams. I am no LeBron fan. I am a jilted Heat fan. But this man's legacy as an all time great really cant be argued. He will likely finish his career a top 3 scorer, a top 10 assist guy and top 20 rebounder all time.
He is great and will be known for being talented and great but he will not be a Legend with another loss. Legend is MJ, magic, Bird, Kobe and so on and so on. U need to understand the difference in sports of Great and Legend. He will be in the Top 10 because of his stats but with another loss he wont be a legend he will never make the top 5. D. Jeter is a legend. Was he the best SS of all time No but the guy will always be known as a Legend.

in my opinion Legend and Great are different. I might be wrong but this is how I think. I can separate the 2.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be down with that. Keep Mozgov, sign TT. Get rid of that old trio Marion, Miller, and Jones.
Actually sign some young guys so the starters dont have to play 45.

I dont know about Varajeo though, they probably just need to move on from him
Yes get rid of the Old Trip and bring in some young blood. Cavs will be fine but to get to that next level they just have to make some smart moves now.(hope they don't) LOL

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It takes an incredible amount of willful ignorance to deny that Lebron is an all time great player.
Being great and a Legend are different. I said I have him in my Top 10 when all said and Done but no way I put him in the same sentence as the Legend greats.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry "logo" West is 1-8 in NBA Finals
Different Eras. When u form these big 3 teams and you are suppose to be the best player u need to win. Again LBJ is All time great but not a Legend. I don't think West is a legend. All time great yes but not at that Legend title.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Believe what you want. That's all after the fact...and people just looking for/following hearsay.

1. I can tell you proof positive that I was with Mike the NIGHT he was amnestied (documented back on CBS). It was no surprise. Everyone knew,nobody cared. ONLY think Mike cared about was the Cavs NOT claiming him off of waivers because 1. He did not want to live in Cleveland. 2. He wanted to double dip as far as getting paid.
If he's claimed off waivers, the Heat get to deduct what the Cavs would have paid him.

He was on the phone telling his people to put out a story that he was going to have back surgery when he was perfectly fine.
He wanted to go back to Memphis, just like I said..despite all these people you are now quoting saying he was going to Ok City.
Go back and read it.

2. Lebatard..on air a few months ago (I HEARD IT), said exactly what I'm saying.
That James was approached about it..and didn't care.

Maybe they have an archive of the show..I don't know.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is great and will be known for being talented and great but he will not be a Legend with another loss. Legend is MJ, magic, Bird, Kobe and so on and so on. U need to understand the difference in sports of Great and Legend. He will be in the Top 10 because of his stats but with another loss he wont be a legend he will never make the top 5. D. Jeter is a legend. Was he the best SS of all time No but the guy will always be known as a Legend.

in my opinion Legend and Great are different. I might be wrong but this is how I think. I can separate the 2.

Mike Jordan got swept in the first round of the NBA playoffs.. not once.. but twice. The stupidity of losing in the finals as a resume ding is astounding. So youre saying he could still be a legend if he had just lost to Atlanta last round? It took Jordan a few years to get past those Bad Boy Pistons... but because that was in the ECF.. it's fine? Come on. Magic is a legend... He lost 3. So 3 is okay.. but 4.. no 4 is where you draw your arbitrary line? This is laughable.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I don't think we will see that again. Not with the Iriving crap they were losing when he went down and LBJ did get help from Irving last night. With or with out Irving you lose last night. That was your best chance to take advantage of GS. Now they have confidence.

Irving wasnt still 100% and played well. If he is 100% you are underestimating him, Curry or even Thompson cant guard him. I have no doubt they would of won.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol You are wrong already. It's ok you are used to it :suds:

Jeter lol

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Different Eras. When u form these big 3 teams and you are suppose to be the best player u need to win. Again LBJ is All time great but not a Legend. I don't think West is a legend. All time great yes but not at that Legend title.

LOL. Jerry West will see your big 3 and raise you a big 4.

Every heard of Wilt Chamberlain, Elgin Baylor, or Gail Goodrich? Those were some of West's HOF teammates.

Oh yeah... and there were 8 teams in the league back then.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Troll alert lol
This makes no sense. Im a troll because I speak the truth. I have LBJ in my top 10 but Im troll. LOL makes no sense.
Cavs fans are bad. They are really Blind. U guys take everything as a bash. this isn't a Bash. its tough to get to that Legend Level/Tier

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol You are wrong already. It's ok you are used to it :suds:

Jeter lol
Nope 100% right. its all good one day u will be right. Stop looking through those Homer Glasses and you will be fine.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron played great only 4 turnovers. 44 points 8 rebounds 6 assists.

Only thing he could of done better was take a better shot late, it was good defense though. If he would of passed he would have been criticized.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It didnt help nobody shot the 3 ball well. Shump was the only one making them.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Jerry West will see your big 3 and raise you a big 4.

Every heard of Wilt Chamberlain, Elgin Baylor, or Gail Goodrich? Those were some of West's HOF teammates.

Oh yeah... and there were 8 teams in the league back then.

Nothing he says is accurate. Everyone knows this by know lol